on 27 August 2010
I've seen multiple sellers list this item on amazon and was a little concerned about some of the poor reviews i've found about this product elsewhere on the site.

But i wanted to write and say how pleased i am with this seat.

to be honest, my daugther is a bit of a chunkey little thing and i was concerned she might not fit, being nearly 6 months already. but she has outgrown her reclining seat (also fab) and we needed something for the next stage until she can sit totally unsupported in the bath with her brother.

This seat is great:
comes with strong suction grippers which plant it firmly the bottom of the bath.
swivels smoothly but not worryingly so.
keeps her upright but gives her room to be easily lifted in and out and also to hold things and play.
enough room to wash her pretty easily when she's in the seat.
beacause the seat doesn't really add height to the child when sitting, they are kept nice and warm by the depth of the bath.
is all made of plastic that can be washed down afterwards.,
unlike other reviews, no sharp or pokey bits of plastic on the one i purchased.

one review i read referred to the d-ring of clip-on toys that it comes with, digging in to her child when she leant forward. firstly, the d-ring is not attached when you buy it. secondly, it could be easily detatched again and thirdly, i strongly suspect, the reviewer had chosen to attach it the wrong way round for her daughter, it can be clipped on either way and i have it facing outwards. my daughter is still easily able to grab onto the little dangly toys on it.

altogether, i am very pleased. its a simple solution and a great produce. very good value for money!
11 comment| 163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 October 2011
Bought for my daughter who is 6 months and will no longer lie flat in bath. I have no issues with the getting in or out or the toys etc - my issue is with the plastic as my little one gets very excited in the bath(as most!) and kicks and splashes like mad! When we take her out of the seat, she has red marks and they have now developed into bruises! So I will not be using the seat again. Worth warning others, so this is why I have left this review. Its a shame as the concept is great!
on 21 June 2013
I wish I hadn't put the green bit with the toys on in. My baby doesn't play with them at all and they have a habit of rotating so they poke her in the chest as she reaches for other bath toys. I can't get it off now. Otherwise it's a fab seat, very secure and being able to swivel it is useful.
on 10 November 2009
Safety 1st Swivel bath Seat - Pastel
Bought this as I thought it would assist with bathing. But found it awkard to get baby into and out off (baby is 6 months). Kept getting her legs caught putting her into it (as legs need to go either side of the support) and took a lot of effort to get her out of it. In the end its back in its box in the attic. Bought a bath mat instead, filled the bath with two inches of water and she lies on her back or belly and really enjoys kicking her legs and splashing her arms. Can't get her out of the bath since. :-)
on 30 October 2010
We've stopped using ours as baby tips it over, the suction cups aren't that good. I thought it was our bath but we've had a new bath since and it's just the same. We just use a non slip bath mat now. A lot cheaper too!
on 13 February 2009
I highly recommend this baby seat, I have two children and have not really enjoyed bathing them in the early months because holding a wet baby with one hand and washing with the other is so difficult - one wriggle and you end up needing both hands just to keep them safe.

Once they could sit with support I started using this seat - and what a difference! Both babies could sit and splash as much as the want and I had both hands free for hair washing and so on. Also, it makes bathing baby and older child, or sharing a bath so much easier and safer. It also has a safety warning sign on top to remind you to NEVER leave baby unattended. Just brilliant - makes bath time much more enjoyable.
on 23 September 2010
Baby grew out of her baby bath and was unhappy in the big bath but this seat has given her (and me) the confidence she needs for bathtime. she doesnt want to come out now! seat secures to the bath with 4 suckers attached to the bottom and can swivel round. she now has her hands free to play with her toys, perfect! the pastel is also a good unisex colour. would recommend this product to anyone whose child has outgrown their baby bath.
on 17 December 2011
my little one is 6 months old, however as very prem, still unable to sit up unaided, yet this was great, we did read some of the reviews and decided to put a face cloth infront of her private parts to stop the hard plastic hitting her when she slips down a little, however she is now learning that kicking her legs splashes the water and tries biting the toys at the front. makes life so much eaiser when washing and gives you a little extra play time before the water gets cold. Have recomended many times over. also, for less than a tenner, bargain. its never sliped in the bath, never tipped over and she swivels around quite fine
on 21 March 2013
My twins are 7 months old and I tried these out just once. They are not sitting up completely on their own yet so this may be the issue so I'll try again when they can. One of my boys got a bit upset after about 10 minutes as he was slouching so I think he was a bit uncomfortable although, up until then he was happily playing away. My other son was leaning forward mouthing the toy bar and frighteningly, the seat lost suction and tipped forward! At the moment the problems are that the boys are not sitting up on their own so the balance of weight is maybe causing the suction pads to come loose??? Will try again later and hopefully these are not the hazard that they currently appear.

UPDATE:
I've now been using this to bath my twin boys since they were just over 9 months old as they started sitting up on their own. I discovered that I can only use one seat at a time as the other one kept losing suction due to 'bumps' on the bath surface; obviously it only suctions onto smooth surfaces and not ones with designs for grip. I'm quite happy with these bath seats now but just disappointed that because of my bath design I can only bath one at a time so essentially only needed to buy one bath seat! I think this will do until I'm confident about their ability to sit up in the bath on their own.
on 12 December 2012
I have been eyeing this seat for the last two kids but never got around to buying one. I finally did for my fourth, who is a wriggly, water-loving 7-month-old girl. I was concerned that she wouldn't want to be restricted, but I was tired of stressing my back to keep her above water with all her shuffling about.

She seems to really like her seat and it is great for me.

Pros:
Handy, easy to put baby in and pull out (and mine is a big-for-her-age child)
Lightweight
Drains well
Securely sticks to tub
Can release suction cups from tub with one hand
Lovely swivel function
Ergonomic for baby's body
No sharp edges

Cons:
I couldn't get the included toy to fit on, but as we've many tub toys, it was a bit superfluous anyway.

Bottom Line: I would recommend this bath seat for babies who are just learning to sit unaided (as it is small enough to give extra support without child slipping away) or for older (5/6 months and up).

Thank you.