Having been a fan of the F1 2010 game - despite its niggling problems, I was delighted that F1 2011 had finally arrived.

Published on 27 Sep 2011 by B. Chapman

3.0 out of 5 stars stupidly hard to drive
This game is good for graphics and probably for hard core driving game fans but it is noot for someone who just wants to pick it up and play every now and then as it is really hard to even keep the car on the road let alone be competitive!
Published 16 months ago by Antonio703

5.0 out of 5 stars Be wary if you're buying this for the Co-Op Championship Feature......, 27 Sep 2011
B. Chapman (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: F1 2011 (PS3) (Video Game)

Without a doubt the biggest addition to the game - and the main reason I was waiting with such anticipation for this game - was the much talked about Co-Op championship mode. My brother and I spent many hours playing the TOCA 2 touring car game simply because it was the best 2 player team championship we could find and we were massively excited by this feature.

BE WARNED. There is a serious bug in the Co-Op championship which renders the AI drivers pretty much useless. We played the first round of the season with AI on Legend (top setting) and all assists off etc with no problems - over 100% race distance we were knocking on the door of the top 10 in Lotus-Renaults, pretty much where you'd expect to be. But at round 2 in Malaysia the AI were suddenly 8-10 seconds off our pace.

The Codemasters forums are full of posts from people confirming that same problem - it looks like we were lucky that we even got through Australia before the AI decided to slow right down.

Career mode, as far as I can see, is fine - but if you are considering buying this for the Co-Op Championship aspect please please please wait until Codemasters announce a patch has been released to fix the issue - at the moment it kills the game. If they fix this problem the game will get 5 stars, but until then I feel like I've only got half what I paid for hence 3 stars (would have been 2.5 if that was possible, but since it's not 2 seemed too mean....)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great f1 action, 1 May 2013
This review is from: F1 2011 (PS3) (Video Game)
Ver realistic practice qualifying and race day. I love the two player mode although my son is more interested in ramming me off the track then he is with winning but it's lots of fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars My first F1 game since Playstation 2, 28 Dec 2011
Chris (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: F1 2011 (PS3) (Video Game)
I haven't actually played the F1 Series for a very long time but i got this free with my Playstation 3 i purchased and i must say it is brilliant and very enjoyable. The online is brilliant and it is a must buy if you enjoy Formula Racing ;) .

4.0 out of 5 stars F1 2011, 16 Dec 2011
This review is from: F1 2011 (PS3) (Video Game)
The game is awesome, I think I'm getting addicted to it.Can't wait for my friends to get it so we can play online and give 'em a run for their money

5.0 out of 5 stars F1 2011, 10 Dec 2011
This review is from: F1 2011 (PS3) (Video Game)
There is a level of demanding realism I'm prepared to handle. Then there's F1 2011, which not only remains extremely faithful to the ultimate in precision driving, it also forces you to learn fast.The best Formula One racing sim!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best racer EVER!!!!!!, 23 Sep 2011
D. C. Moore "moorehen" (kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: F1 2011 (PS3) (Video Game)
I was a little sceptical to begin with that 2011 would really be tat much of an improvement or different to the 2010 game which was so good in itself. However since playing the new one, Ive been really impressed with what they've done!

For a start, the handling of the cars is so much more realistic (I assume, since ive never driven an F1 car before!). In 2010, it was very easy to master the control of the car, even with no assists, and in was way too predictible. Now you have to be pretty cautious, especially if your tyres are brand new or starting to wear.

The introdution of KERS an DRS iw brilliant. You really notice the effect you get when in the slip stream of another car.

Some people have complained about the quality of the graphics and the fact the game doesnt run smoothly, but frankly I have no idea what they are talking about! OK, the people in the garage are a little rough around the edges much like 2010, but the graphics overall are stunning and Ive certainly experienced no glitches or poor running at all.

There are still improvements to be made. The wierd looking women interviewing you post race is gone THANK GOD but the experience the life part of the game had so much potential that hasnt been exploited, and the questions you get asked are still the same, sometimes irrelevant things. Personally though, I bought this gae to race, not to answer questions so it really isnt a big issue with me at all.

The difficulty settings are still a little strange. You can turn off all assists and have the difficulty on proffesional and consistantly win in a williams, but if you go up to legendary, Youll be 2 seconds slower than anyone else!! Some tweaks to this would be a massive improvement!

The online aspect is so much better now, with no massive wait for matchmaking and the introduction of coop season which is pure genius! They have also added 2 player split screen which seems to be strangely rare these days and a welcome addition!

Overall the game is far superior to the 2010 one. You really feel like you are driving an F1 car, and not playing an arcade game. With a few adjustments to difficulty and experience the life aspects, the game would have been utterly untouchable!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game F1 2011, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: F1 2011 (PS3) (Video Game)
This game is one up from the 2010 version. The re - introduction of KERS and the debut of the DRS.

Pros:

- Introduction of KERS and DRS.
- Indian race track has been introduced.
- New speedometer graphics.
- New helmet designs.
- Press conference - David Croft.

Cons:
A minor thing that does not have a affect on the game.

- not being able to call the pits via steering wheel.
- not being able to choose team designed helmets.

Other then these minor things the game is brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for car mad boys, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: F1 2011 (PS3) (Video Game)
It was a present for my 8 year old he loves playing he says it's one of his favourite games

4.0 out of 5 stars Balanced, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: F1 2011 (PS3) (Video Game)
I wanted an F1 game that was balanced rather than buying a game every year and F1 2011 was it , would recommend this game for people wanting to get into the F1 game franchise

4.0 out of 5 stars bargan, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: F1 2011 (PS3) (Video Game)
these blades are quite sharp so watch it if you have sensitive skin but good shave for the price can't moan

F1 2011 (PS3)
F1 2011 (PS3) by Codemasters Limited (PlayStation 3)
5.85