on 28 February 2012
Like most of us we have a land line telephone in the home, but the average phone is a lump of plastic designed by a cartoon character with three lumpy fingers.
Once upon a time things used around the home were made for people to use without annoying you, a lot of modern devices are so light that whilst trying to have a conversation, the base section will try and follow you around the room, or the handset is flat and wide which means holding it with thumb and forefinger.
Not this one, the base is not as heavy as I thought it would be, but it has nice firm little rubber feet that keeps it put.
The handset is a solid piece of brass and wood and the sound is crisp and clean, the push buttons feel a little squidgy at first but since they are in a circle finding them is more intuative than the flat versions, the ring is a real bell that tinkles pleasantly instead of the trilling noise a lot of the others seem to have fitted, overall a comfortable unit to use and it's classic design reminds you of something that modern devices lack, which in my opinion, is a sense of style.
on 22 December 2011
Great sturdy phone would recommen to any one interested in buying one .look good and vwery weighty ,well worth the money.Quick delivery.
on 6 July 2012
the handle is nice and heavy but the base feels a little light, the base moves everytime I pick the handle up to answer it! the ringer is nice. Only other fault is that the lead for the handle is plugged in to the left side and I am right handed so thats a bit annoying as have to use left hand to pick up and put down. This seller was fantastic. such speedy delivery. thank you
review image
on 25 November 2013
Have ordered this as a present for my daughter for christmas. I am absolutely sure she will love it. It looks very authentic indeed and not in the least bit tacky or cheap.
on 13 November 2013
Looks great in the living room. Sound quality is fine. Cord is not long enough though and it is very light wight, which is annoying.
on 29 December 2014
I don't use a phone much nowadays (possibly only once per month) but I have still had to repair this phone twice. It looks good but is cheaply made and reminds me a the quality you would expect from a christmas cracker.
on 23 February 2014
This telephone really suits our vintage style room. Plastic surround but the handset is heavy. Easy to read numbers with dial back options. Arrived on time and well packaged. Exactly as in the picture.
on 27 December 2014
The telephone was delivered broken so I am waiting to see if we can get a replacement.
on 10 September 2014
Great looking phone. Easy to set up and prompt delivery. I would recommend.