on 14 March 2012
I have this little salt pig sitting next to my cooker, and it looks really cute, it is nice and easy to pick up by the knob, and has a nice wide opening to get your hand in and grab some salt , i keep molden in mine as it is my fav salt , I also sometimes use a wooden salt scoop, very happy with it,
on 6 October 2012
I got this primarily for baking. I have a salt mill for seasoning, but I started to get frustrated at how difficult it was to use that when baking, where accuracy is key.

So, I opted for this. The whole thing is slightly weightier than I expected, the colour is great - especially the contrast of the inside to the outside - and compliments the red highlights in my kitchen and it holds plenty of salt (still nowhere near needed to refill it yet).

It looks great sitting on my worktop, so I leave it next to my hob.

It could probably have come with a spoon but I already have plenty of those in my kitchen and since I'm measuring I usually use a measuring spoon in it anyway, so that's no great loss for me. I also can't think of a spoon that would match the colour particularly well.
on 22 January 2013
My little pig arrived today and I'm very pleased with it. I have been looking for a pig for some time but have read a lot of reviews about them either being too big / small - very Goldilocks and the 3 bears.

I'm pleased to say these little fella's are just perfect, I can get my hand in there to pick the salt but it's covered enough not to be full of dust and dirt.

Very happy with this product and would highly recommend. So much so that I've bought two, one for salt and one for pepper as they also do this product in black.
on 13 November 2012
This is a really useful little item, that looks fantastic as well! I have my salt pig by the cooker & it's perfect for just adding a teaspoon of salt to the cooking.

Top quality, bright & cheery colour & practical & fast delivery with Amazon.
on 16 May 2014
I always wanted a salt pig and this fits into my kitchen very nicely. It is probably not big enough for your hand to reach in and get the salt but I had bought a very small wooden scoop, which fits very well and is just the job.
on 4 May 2012
I bought my friend the almond coloured one for christmas - I saw it in her kitchen and just had to have one myself! I have red appliances so this looks fabbo on my work bench. Very rustic yet somehow very modern!
on 29 January 2013
Full 5 stars for this beautiful salt pig from Le Creuset. It's not only beautiful but also very useful as the hole is big enough to get in with your hand while cooking. It's also big enough for a good amount of salt and you don't have to re-fill it every day. I love the colour, it's even a louder turquoise than in the picture. I'm German and I'm so happy I could order it from the U.K. because it's not available in any German online store. I can recommend this to everybody who loves the look but I can guarantee that you'll love it for its convenience, too.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 20 September 2014
Salt Pigs are so useful, I keep mine by the hob, and just reach in for a pinch of salt when cooking.

This Le Crueset salt pig is beautifully made in stone wear, the opening is just the right size to allow my fingers in to get at the salt, it holds a pack of Maldon Sea Salt and looks great.

For some reason the salt stays fresh and does not get damp and lumpy and the lid stops dust getting in.

Between fills of salt I pop it through the dishwasher.

Recommended
on 25 February 2013
This quite small salt cellar is very bright and vibrant and really does look smart next to the hob. It does not hold as much salt as my previous model, but overall I do prefer this one.

Unfortunately, I bought this to match a small garlic keeper which appeared to have bright colours, but did not. So it is nice to see the cheery Salt Pig and forget to look at its companion!
on 18 March 2016
Great salt pig and very stylish from the always quality Le Creuset.

Only fault I can see is the inside lining is lacquered same as outside - so the salt can sometimes go hard with moisture from air, unlike some other pigs I have had made out of clay. Not a big issue given you just buy a little wooden spoon for the pig (also on amazon) and mix it around.

See one answered question