Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

VINE VOICEon 13 June 2011
I was pleasantly surprised by this latest Doctor Who novel in the BBC range. The story is comprised of letters, journals and recollections from those involved with the events taking place on the French beach. Something alien is waiting in the sea but, for once, it is not the enemy! You'll have to read the book to learn who the real foe is facing the Doctor, Amy and Rory. Ah, but which Amy is real? Again, all is not as it seems and then there is the neat little twist right at the end...you probably won't see that one coming...?
Readers of the very first Doctor Who novel published by Muller way back in 1964 as a hardback entitled 'Doctor Who - In an exciting adventure with the Daleks', which was subsequently republished by Armada in the latter 60's,Target Books in the 70's and BBC Books in July 2011 as 'Doctor Who and The Daleks', will be aware of the story being told in first person. This is how Dead of Winter is produced and adds to its interest.
I certainly recommend this read to young and old alike.
on 14 April 2013
'The Dead are not alone. There is something in the mist and it talks to them.'

In a remote clinic in 18th-century Italy, a lonely girl writes to her mother. She tells of pale English aristocrats and mysterious Russian nobles. She tells of intrigues and secrets, and strange faceless figures that rise from the sea. And she tells about the enigmatic Mrs Pond, who arrives with her husband and her physician.

What she doesn't tell her mother is the truth that everyone knows and no one says - that the only people who come here do so to die.

A thrilling, all-new adventure featuring the Doctor, Amy and Rory, as played by Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill in the spectacular hit Doctor Who series from BBC Television.
on 4 July 2012
You may look at this book and realise it's in the more children orientated Doctor Who book series, and some of those have been disappointing (I never finished reading Doctor Who: Paradox Lost, for example) but this one couldn't be better. It is written in a way that I couldn't put down, and though it can be a little confusing at times, it really is a must buy for any Doctor Who fan. The only other book that meets this standard (and which I also thoroughly recommend - I also couldn't put this down) is Doctor Who: Touched by an Angel. Go ahead and get it!
on 18 February 2015
Really good read.
on 11 May 2011
This is a delight to read. As the reviewer before me has covered the plot I won't comment on that. What makes this book stand out is that the author has got the characters of Amy and Rory spot on, as well as creating engaging and likeable other main characters. To counter this very human side of the book the setting and plot are creepy and claustrophobic, with an interesting surreal edge. If you want to be picky I'm sure you could find small faults but I see no reason to spoil the fun I had reading this.
on 22 October 2012
I got this as part of a set from WH Smiths for £5 on sale and got this , hunters moon and the way through the woods and found it to be my favourite . I love the plot and how it all links together and just makes a really good story. I love how the story is told from different perspectives and the characters are just amazing as certain characters e.g Prince Boris are different than they appear and this is a really good book for anyone.
on 23 June 2013
Dead of winter is exciting and you really want to read on due to the constant suspense of the mysterious creature in the sea. It captures the characters personality and there are many tense, funny, and sad moments in this book. The doctor, Amy, Rory have their work cut out - I hope they remember. It is truly mind blowing and if you get this book it won't disappoint you!!!
on 7 March 2014
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!but a bit confusing loved it. Has lots of tense moments making it a brilliant book.great for fans!! Cool epic
on 9 May 2012
purchased for my son, he loved the book and has added it to his collection. Can't say anymore as it was not bought for myself.
on 12 April 2013
Great book, my daughter loved it. Basically, she would "totally read it again" and recommend it to all her friends.