5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Read it as soon as you can - not to be missed
Published on 17 Jan 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars tripe; an outline for the inevitable following screenplay
This book was praised to the skies by the saleslady, in a bookstore. For shame! It's a nice sentimental little story, that genuinely strains the willing suspension of disbelief; no matter, many books do that. However, to my layman's eye, I must say that I think it is genuinely badly written. The characterizations are superficial, and the prose is lamentable. The best...
Published on 27 May 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Read it as soon as you can - not to be missed, 17 Jan 2002
This review is from: Message in a Bottle (Paperback)
I first watched the film so I knew the book was going to be a weepie before I started, but nothing could prepare me for the myriad of emotions I was faced with. I don't think I have ever sobed so much at the end of a book! But don't let that put you off because whilst the novel is heart renching, the last page ends on a positive note. This really is superb, quality writing at its best - it's a clever plot which is full of irony and if only's. Read it, weep, but above all ENJOY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, romantic, sensitive and extremely moving, 8 Aug 2001
This review is from: Message in a Bottle (Paperback)
My sister recommended this book to me. She did warn me how sad it was, but it far outweighed any expectations. Unfortunately I was reading it on a beach and trying very hard to cry quietly. As I looked out to see I wondered if there was such a person out there!! It was a fabulous read and I somehow think it came from the heart of Nicholas Sparks. I am now searching for any more of his books.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant introducton to Nicolas Sparks, 11 Feb 2000
This review is from: Message in a Bottle (Paperback)
This book was definately the best I have ever read. It kept me interested up to the last word. Never have I felt such emotion whilst reading a book, the story line is enthralling, often clutching at your heart strings.I have loaned this book out to all my friends who have also thoroughly loved it. Definately a book for the old romantics ! This is the first book I have read of Nicolas sparks but it definately won't be the last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful..., 24 Aug 2006
Emma (Northamtpon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Message In A Bottle (Paperback)
This book took my breath away. It didn't take me long to finish it, page after page I grew to love it more. And by the end I was in tears, Nicholas Sparks has indeed done it again, he's written another beautiful love story. This is a must read, it is definitely your loss if you haven't read this fantastic book yet. This is one of my favourites for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars A definite must-read, 27 Oct 1999
This review is from: Message in a Bottle (Paperback)
I absolutely loved reading this book - in fact, I've read it twice now! It's beautifully written with heart-wrenching moments and spine-tingling excitement! I have passed this book on to friends and I had to go and buy a second copy because the first one was coming apart. Admittedly, this book won't be liked by all, but then not all of us like reading war stories, etc. For you 'romantics at heart' - GO AND BUY THIS BOOK!! This book also inspired me to find out more about North Carolina - it obviously lies close to Mr Sparks' heart! I'm looking forward to more books from this author!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 28 Aug 2006
Leona Gooch-Hatton (British Forces, Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Message In A Bottle (Paperback)
This book was given to me as a present, and to be honest, I had never heard of Nicholas Sparks. I have since become a great fan of his. The book was so well written, and once I started it, I found it difficult to put it down. This is the first book that has brought me to tears at the end! Full of sadness, romance and everything else that goes to making a good read. I let my 16 year old daughter borrow it to go on holiday, and the book had exactly the same effect on her. Another fan to add to what is no doubt a growing list! We both watched the film too, but not a patch on the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart-renching love story!, 29 July 2001
This review is from: Message in a Bottle (Paperback)
This book was absolutly fantastic! The words were so romantic...i couldn't put it down! It made me laugh and cry and at the very end I just stared at the last page, relising that it was over! I couldn't help but cry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can there possibly be a better book out there-never!, 8 Aug 1999
This review is from: Message in a Bottle (Paperback)
This is one of the best book I have read! Not many people meet that special someone to feel the way Garret did for Catherine. For Nicholas Sparks to write a novel filled with emotional letters and feelings in his characters is unbelievable. I started to read this book one night, found myself at the end before long and woke up the next day wanting to read more. I have seen the movie after I read the book and wonder if they even read the book. There was no comparison and I will leave it at that. I look forward to reading all other works by Sparks. He seems to love what he does because he does it so well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 25 Feb 2011
This review is from: Message In A Bottle (Paperback)
Having first randomly watched the film adaption a few years ago, I decided to read the book after reading many reviews of it.
I adore this book one of my all time favourites.
I love the writing style and the unique story.
When I was nearly at the end of the book I ordered the film adaption off here and after watching it realised it just doesnt compare to the book as the film misses a lot of the book out.
I'd recommend this book to any avid reader especially of the romance genre.
Be warned though its a tear-jerker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another masterpiece, 27 Aug 2008
This review is from: Message In A Bottle (Paperback)
As with all Sparks books I find them difficult to put down - this was no exception and brought me to tears especially at the end. This story is in my top 5 reads!

ARRAY(0xafea8fc0)