5.0 out of 5 stars CONVERTED ! Not buying MAC anymore !|
Published 21 months ago by MancBaby77

1.0 out of 5 stars I receive the real techniques starter kit. but I ...
I receive the real techniques starter kit.but I am worried these is fake or real because these packaging is different from the one I saw in shops.
Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars CONVERTED ! Not buying MAC anymore !|, 25 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Real Techniques Starter Kit (Personal Care)
Love these brushes! I was about to put one of my kidneys on ebay so I could buy some more MAC brushes after mine were lost in a hotel - but a friend told me about these and I'm so glad ! Dare I say it....I like these better than MAC and am so happy with them. Plus I don't have to flog my vital organs on the internet to fill my make up kit back up now...so, - yeah...would deffo recommend these brushes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic eye brush set - value for money!, 22 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Real Techniques Starter Kit (Personal Care)
These brushes are amazing, especially for the price. I've been using them for over a year now and they are still in perfect condition, no shedding and they wash up perfectly. They pick up product very well, are soft and there is a use for all of the brushes in this kit!

I don't follow the names on the brushes as I think it depends on your eye shape & size. I use each brush for the following:

- "Deluxe crease" brush: applying transition colour to the crease & a little above as it buffs the colour out well due to it being dense

- "Base shadow" brush: Crease and blending brush, it gives a precise application to deeper up your crease colour and is ideal for smaller eyes. It isn't too dense so it blends well and lightly so you aren't just buffing away all the product you just applied

- "Pixel-point eyeliner" brush: I think this brush it far too thick for applying eyeliner as I like a thin and sharp winged eyeliner (as I'm sure most do) which this would never achieve, although it may be good for smoking out eyeliner or applying eyeshadow to set gel eyeliner - I haven't tried. I use it for applying eyeshadow under the lower lash line and applying the highlight shade on my inner eye & tear duct area as it fits perfectly.

- "Accent" brush: I find this perfect for adding black eyeshadow to my tight line or along the lash line if I want an outline that's just that bit darker, it's also good for going under the lower lash line or filling in the outer edge of eyebrows if your's are thin like mine at the end.

- "Brow" brush: This is the only brush I use for what it says, fills in my eyebrows really well and is at the perfect angle so that I can see what I'm doing, without my hand in the way.

As well as the great quality and shape of the brushes the case it comes with is PERFECT for storage, travelling or holding brushes upside-down when they have been washed to let them dry.

These brushes are great and I highly doubt that you'd be disappointed if you purchased them, for the price of one MAC, Sigma or Bobbi Brown brush you get a whole kit. I can't find a fault with these after all this time using them - I'm impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Real Techniques Starter Kit (Personal Care)
These brush Kits are amazing!

I'm a budding make up artist and am constantly exasperated at the price of some branded brushes such as MAC etc.
This set is a fraction of the price of one of MAC's brushes and way better quality - no loose bristles, loss of shape or so on.

I've had MAC brushes that have lost bristles before I've even used them.

Well worth checking out and would definitely recommend to anyone who needs a good set of eye brushes.
Only thing I will say, if you're anything but a really simple eye look I would suggest maybe getting two of these so that you can use a different brush for different colour application (if that bothers you).

The deluxe crease brush it my fave one, it can be used to blend shades, cut and blend a crease, or even works really well as a concealer brush (which is what I tend to use it for).

Great set, great quality, great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality set., 4 Sept. 2014
L. de Ruiter - See all my reviews
This review is from: Real Techniques Starter Kit (Personal Care)
Lovely tactile brushes and the option to turn the cover into a stand is clever.
Most importantly though, the brushes are great, I love them and have gone on to purchase some more brushes of the same brand on the basis of experiencing these. So in that respect this set really has worked as a starter kit for me. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little collection for a brush newbie, or a seasoned collector of brushes too!, 21 Sept. 2014
Lilyfae (West Oxfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Real Techniques Starter Kit (Personal Care)
You know you are getting quality with Real Techniques, they are thoughtfully designed and well made and at a bargain price after my birthday I couldn't help treat myself.

The brushes are soft yet dense meaning they don't scratch but are firm enough to apply pigment in a defined manner without over spreading.
Included are 2 bigger fluffy brushes (one fat and flat, the other thinner and rounded point) which are great for general application and blending,
an accent brush which is great for adding definition especially to a smokey eye,
a 'pixel point' eyeliner brush which is the only let down of the set as it's not as tiny as the name might suggest- still it's good for adding highlights under the lash line
and the eyebrow brush which is fine as its intended purpose but also is great for applying wet shadow as eyeliner due to its extra firm line and sloping bristles.

Overall a nice set to start or add to a collection but the key is in its name, there are many other eye brushes which could have enriched this set but these are a great start to improving your application or technique before expanding your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... in my past I find this little kit very useful. It contains almost all the brushes you need ..., 9 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Real Techniques Starter Kit (Personal Care)
As a make up artist in my past I find this little kit very useful. It contains almost all the brushes you need to do your eye makeup, the only one that I wouldn't use is the eyeliner brush, as it's not precise enough in my opinion. The quality of the brushes is quite good, some people swear they are as good as MAC, I would have to say they are not as soft and as fluffy, how ever still very good quality and are great value for money.
This set comes in a little sturdy brush organizer that can be bent to become a brush stand or neatly folded for travel, personal I always travel with way more brushes then this, so it's not so useful for me as you can't add other brushes to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars IN LOVE, 23 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Real Techniques Starter Kit (Personal Care)
I absolutely love these brushes they enable precision and blending whilst ensuring as much colour pay off as possible! Well done pixiwoo! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value set, 7 July 2013
This review is from: Real Techniques Starter Kit (Personal Care)
It was one of my best buy brush set. It does the job very well and I use every one of those brushes. It's very easy to clean and it dry really quick too. I would recommend to anyone who looking for quality brush set.

4.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE the contour eye brush, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Real Techniques Starter Kit (Personal Care)
I got this to begin my eye brush collection as I saw all the great reviews and have to admit I love the contour eye brush.. but I use it as an all over lid brush. I don't know why it just feels great to me as an all over brush and makes that so much easier. The actual shadow brush I don't like as much, mainly cause mine wasn't symmetrical (weird I know!) and I use it in the crease as I have smallish eyes. The liner brush is too big for me for liner but I use it as an extra accent brush for darker shades in the outer corner. The accent brush is great for that also. The eyebrow brush was a bit bigger than I'm used to but I've found this good as I just use the one sweep rather than several and it looks great. All in all I love the brushes and they look great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 27 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Real Techniques Starter Kit (Personal Care)
This pack is a godsend for beginners! These are the first brushes I have owned after those silly little sponge-pad things on sticks that come with some eye-shadows. This kit is very instructive which I found helpful, they're super soft and feel great on my eyes, which of course can be sensitive. The angled brush is great for filling in my eyebrows with eye-shadow. I haven't used the thin, eyeliner brush yet because, as I say, I'm a beginner so I've been using felt tip eyeliners. I have had lots of use out of the other four brushes and would recommend this kit.

Real Techniques Starter Kit