on 27 December 2012
I received this telephone for Christmas and I have to say, it's fantastic!

1) The sound quality is second to none, in fact I had forgotten how tinny/weak some of the cordless phones are in comparison to having a corded phone in the house.

2) The rotary dial is very authentic and supports full DTMF dialling, so this is not a problem if you're dialling an automated phone system. Yes, numbers take longer to dial but by the time you've mis-keyed on a digital phone and re-dialled it's not much slower. For the retro effect, it's spot on.

3) The phone contains a real bell ringer which you can either turn on or off. It sounds much better than the digital phone ringer - leave it on!!

4) The earpiece has two volume settings (low/high).

5) The build quality feels very solid - I'm sure it'll last for years and years.

A couple of bonuses I hadn't initially considered - for anyone with only cordless phones, it's a good idea to have a corded phone in the house in case of power cuts. Secondly, (a minor point) we have replaced one of the cordless phones with this so it's saving electricity by not running a another cordless phone charger.

If you're after a quality retro phone, then look no further.
on 6 May 2012
Most of us over 40 will renember well, the old bell telephone. Nicely made but think the bell ringer could be louder.
on 16 August 2011
I bought this phone as it reminds me of when i was a teenager and used to play with the rotary dial of the old BT 746 phone. This phone has a traditional bell ringer and of course that traditional rotary dial. The phone can be used with telephone banking etc. great product with a real retro feel. 10 out of 10
on 24 January 2012
I love the phone. It replaced another repro one that didn't last long but this one is heavy and sturdy and a great colour - looks great in my hall. OK so it takes longer to dial but it looks so good who cares? I have a push button one upstairs if I want to use that.

I had a problem as I ordered two in error but the company were great about refunding me. Shows they care about customers and aren't so desperate to sell that they won't refund.
on 29 May 2013
great . good looking and great that it has rotating dial function. . much better than i expected. and sounds great too.
on 25 May 2012
My husband is one of those people who do not like modern technology and so, when his ancient desk phone finally gave up he said that he would have to have something very similar or stop phoning! This phone does everything he wants it to, and looks the part as well, so phew, we are all happy bunnies again!
on 14 June 2013
I absolutely love this!!! It looks so good in my lounge, much nicer than the push button versions of these phones, this is just like the one we had when I was little, with the bonus of being touch tone so can be used with all automated calls. Really good quality! I would highly recommend this phone!
on 24 February 2014
After considerable deliberations I chose this model for function, style and price. It was for a christmas gift and was very well received.
on 19 January 2013
Love this phone. It is not as 'plasticy' as many I`ve seen. The overall quslity is really good, and the red looks brilliant on our hall table!!
on 13 May 2016
Love this phone! The ringtone is the old style 'traditional' ring. The rotary keypad works very well, although you forget just how long it takes to 'dial' a number compared to modern phones keypads! The sounds quality is excellent. My only minor gripe is the wiring is on the left hand side, so it's great for a left-handed user - but it is only a very minor flaw.
As most calls these days are made to/from mobiles, this is more a decorative feature, but looks great in the hall!