5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!
Published on 17 Nov 2011 by hottwiglet

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Switch
Published 15 months ago by Charmage

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 17 Nov 2011
Looking for a kettle? Then I highly recommend this one. To begin with, it's pink! But not a horrid pink, a really nice shade. Also I love the soft touch handle and the button for opening the lid is brilliant. It is well balanced when you pick it up with or without water in it and it has all the features that you would look for in a kettle like a water gauge, "on" light and it boils water! My flatmate says the lid looks like a pedal bin lid but I really like it. I would recommend eating pink wafers with a cup of tea made in your new pink kettle for the full magical pink experience!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 31 Jan 2012
Never thought I would actually LOVE a kettle! It's fast, quiter than others I previously owned, don't have to wait to boil more water right away, sturdy and absolutely gorgeous! The colour is much brighter than on the picture - RNLI rescue boat orange, love it. My friends have now a kettle envy! Highly recommended exceptional quality product, worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous aesthetics, excellent ergonomics, 3 Feb 2012
This review is from: Kenwood kMix SJM045 Boutique Kettle - Bright Green (Kitchen & Home)
I was surprised to find such a nice kettle from Kenwood of all makers. Aesthetically it is gorgeous, with nice curves, a bright colour that contrasts nicely with my understated kitchen, and a soft plastic handle. And from a pragmatic viewpoint it scores top makes. To open the top, press a button. There is no fiddling around with a tight fitting top, and no danger of burning your hand on steam when you pull the top off. When comparing kettles, I was surprised at how many were not easy to use, and all too often the cheap plastic ones were the most pleasing in use, presumably because they were aimed at people who simply wanted a functional product. The Kenwood feels well balanced, it is very easy to fill, and it boils surprisingly quickly. Overall the build quality seems quite decent, with a stainless steel body, nicely painted, and good quality plastics for the handle. Time will tell if it is well built, but initial impressions are very good. I suppose the design is more Germanic, than Italian, where form follows function, but if you like Doc Marten shoes, and Porsche cars, then you should like this. I suppose for some the name 'Kenwood' might be a turn off, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kettle!, 9 May 2012
What a superb kettle. It is smallish and very neat in size but, at the same time, is very high quality. It doesn't drip!! It is fairly light to lift, which is always a boon, and easy to fill and clean. Cannot praise too highly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Switch, 12 Jun 2013
This kettle looks the part, pores nicely and has a very easy opening lid, but the switch literally dropped off after a few months. My husband super glued it back on as it was the plastic surround and it worked again. Now it's dropped out again! I'm sorry, but I have never had a kettle, let alone one of a reputable make, where the on/off switch 'dropped off'! Really disappointed and I feel that as its now just outside the 12 month guarantee, I have no recourse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood Kettle, 7 Nov 2011
Purchased this kettle about four weeks ago,we have been looking for a yellow kettle to match our Dualit toaster but they dont do a match.This kettle is great,its well built its fast and it looks funky,just what you need to brighten up the kitchen.What a good range of products from Kenwood.The only downside is it is made in China although designed in the UK so i suppose at least some UK jobs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best kettle I've had, 15 May 2012
I love this kettle. I've had a couple of kenwood kettles before and do trust the brand. This kettle had everything I was looking for:
Concealed element
Push button to open lid
Base that takes excess cable
360 degree turning on base
Able to see water level

Plus it was pink. I'd seen a smaller 1 litre one that was similar but too small so was delighted to see this 1.6lt one on amazon. It arrived very quickly as well. Have now ordered toaster as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little ray of sunshine! ;-), 10 Oct 2011
Sonia Wells (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
What a brilliant kettle!!!
All I wanted was a metal kettle that boiled water, without any silly flashing lights or dials.
This is a well made kettle that was worth every penny. Its metal without any plastic lining, the button is easy to press without the risk of being turned on by accident.
The handle is finished with soft grip foam, that is easy to hold.
The base is chrome finished and the kettle fits on without needing to fiddle it into any 1 position.
The only light is the one on the switch to show the kettle is on.
My last kettle was a Breville Lightning that lasted almost 10 years, but the plastic was deteriorating and turning into a wet chalk like substance, hence the search for an all metal kettle.
The Kmix kettle is a 3kw, that boils a full quantity of water very very quickly, and is not as loud as the Breville.
It truly is a ray of sunshine sitting on the counter of the kitchen.
If you buy this kettle you will not be disappointed.
Well done Kenwood

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 19 Dec 2011
Great kettle, adds a brilliant splash of colour to my kitchen. The design is flawless. The internal part of the kettle appears to be coated( like a teflon coat) and it looks like it will withstand lime scale( although don't quote me on this!) The lid opens by pressing a button on the handle, which is fantastic. I am extremely pleased with the design which has been very well though out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pink kettle!, 13 Dec 2011
I've just bought this kettle and I think it's great. It's nice a sturdy, the handle feels very secure. It boils very quickly and most of all it's nice and bright. It's not too in your face pink but a strong, deep pink that compliments my colour scheme nicely. Great!