Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 June 2011
In the late seventies and early eighties the only place were I could listern to decent music was on a hill in my local park(the only place were we could pick up the Robbie Vincents show on Raio London on our crappy radio)the show was so new and fresh compared to the pop pap on all the national stations.
Turning on the radio and catching the end of Your Lying' who's this new American Band we thought and then the phrase from Robbie Vincent "the sound of Hackney strikes back" and for me that was the start of the Bri-Funk era and the bands that followed ,Central Line,The Light of the World,The list goes on, in short a Classic Album from Linx and at the time when the re-mix was king the fantastic US remix of your lyin,The Album is a must if your were ever into soul and Brit-funk in the 70's-80's
on 23 August 2012
This review is for: Intuition
I could kiss the staff at BBR for releasing this and the fantastic David Grant ~ Expanded Edition. What really makes this release special is including the bonus tracks which in some cases vastly improve on the original album tracks. Surprisingly, this is the first time this album has been on CD, so we have had to wait over 30 years to hear this in digital quality. But it was well worth the wait. The album version of "You're Lying" chops rather crudely into the next track, but thankfully here we get the 12" version as a standalone track. Most compilations that included this track in the past favoured the U.S. remix (which is also here), which I found irritating with the "La-La-La" section. To these ears it isn't a patch on the UK 12" version, but thankfully BBR included both here. The original 7" single version of "You're Lying" is not included but is available on 100 Hits 80s Classics, which also includes the 7" single version of "Intuition" which is my favourite mix of the song. Buying the 2 CD's together gives you all the best mixes from the "Intuition" album. The one track that particularly makes this CD essential for me is the 12" mix of "Throw Away The Key" which just sounds stunning and is worth the price of this CD on its own. The U.S. remixes of "Together We Can Shine" and "Wonder What You're Doing Now" also show how you can turn average sounding album tracks into truly great tracks, such is the power of a good mix. All in all, for me this is an essential purchase.

By the way, I have also reviewed the excellent: David Grant ~ Expanded Edition
on 7 June 2011
Been waiting for this album to be re-released for some years now, original copy on vinyl stored away safe but now i have a digital version. Brilliant album and remixes have been added - Bonus!! Recommended for the funksters around us!! (Still a few of us around :-))
Visit this link - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004TRKH6W/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_img
on 11 August 2011
I have been trying to get this album for years without success. Great to hear it again, and interesting notes on album cover. A1 - reminds me how creative and new music should sound.
on 7 October 2011
Absolutely brilliant album. Why they were never huge is a mystery. I saw them live and David Grant is right up there with Michael Jackson and Daryl Hall.
on 26 September 2011
Cool old school classic, rise and shine was greatly underestimated!been trying to get this album for years. Their first and easily the best Lynx album.
on 6 January 2008
When oh when will this album be available for purchase on CD???!!!! I have been waiting for YEARS! and keep checking back regularly - but no luck so far! David Grant and Sketch made a bit of music history in the early 80s with their music and have definitely left a mark... but getting a hold of this album on CD is almost impossible! Chrysalis - please take note... Linx fans are waiting!
on 30 March 2013
I remember "your lying" coming out and bought the 12 vinyl version, played it incessantly. So many memories of this one,and the subsequent album. One of the pioneers of brit funk, so pleased they crossed over to the states. Favorite track's include "rise and shine" and surprisingly overlooked "i won't forget". A solid soul/funk album ot the 80s sound, and a definitive example of it's genre at the time.
on 28 November 2012
We have been waiting for a long time for this to come out on CD! We drove across France to Switzerland in our MG Midget for Our Honeymoon 30 years ago & it was in the tape player for most of the time! We now live in France the CD arrived this morning it's playing now as I write this & We still Love it just as much THANK YOU
on 9 May 2013
I grew up listening to 80s soul, jazz funk both British and American. Linx has been one of my favourites,outstanding tracks for me are Together we can shine , Throw away the key,& Your Lying.
Please come back with more ...soon.