5.0 out of 5 stars Very speedy laptop
Well i shopped around before deciding on this laptop.
There is a Lenovo G570 with pretty much the same spec available also from lenovo. I picked this based on the fact this has the 64bit windows.. which i figure future proofs me in terms of upgrading memory if needed.
The processor is the newest available second gen core I5 so its very nice. very speedy laptop...
Published on 6 May 2011 by kenyard

2.0 out of 5 stars Solid design for the price, but let down by the screen
Bought this laptop because the price was good and had read online that Lenovo laptops are really solid. I was really happy with the look and feel of this laptop out of the box, but in the end was terribly let down by the poor screen quality. Hard on the eyes after only 30 minutes of use. Just had to return it and have decided to spend a little bit more for a laptop with a...
Published on 2 Nov 2011 by ChrisK

5.0 out of 5 stars Lenovo review, 27 Sep 2011
The laptop itself is very fast. Pleased with the fingerprint recognition. Would have liked to have had the original Windows 7 CD in case I have to rebuild the system in the future. I also did not spot that there is no case included. Overall, the laptop suits me fine and seems to be good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars MY NEW LAPTOP, 18 Sep 2011
I recently purchased a Lenovo B570 15.6 inch Notebook (Core i3-2310M, RAM 4GB, HDD 500GB, DVDRW, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit) - Black, I am extremely happy with this product and can highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new laptop. The delivery was very prompt as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply great!, 26 Aug 2011
This laptop is simply amazing for the price, I couldn't have asked for more. Powerful, surprisingly good quality,relatively light, excellent battery life and so on. You will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this laptop!, 11 July 2011
Really great laptop, boots extremely fast, in less than a minute even when a significant amount of programs have been installed.

The fingerprint reader is amazing, when you get to the login screen; just swipe your fingerprint and you're instantly logged onto whichever account has your fingerprints installed.

The screen is very clear, although maybe a little too shiny, and it keeps it's colours and contrast even at extreme viewing angles. The keyboard is amazing and the touchpad is as easy to use as a mouse would be and very comfortable.

The software installed by Lenovo is useful, simple to use and not intrusive. I especially like the boot optimizer and the simple system used to back up your operating system onto a separate partition.

The laptop runs really fast and is able to multitask very effectively. All in all, an excellent laptop for the price, very fast and efficient and easy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lenovo B570 15.6 inch Laptop, 28 Jan 2013
The computer seems to do what the recipient requires, very much into gaming. heard no complaints so assume all is OK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good laptop, 18 Jan 2013
Definitely recommend this laptop. Had it for over a year now and still good quality, not had any problems with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 6 Jan 2013
Graham Khan - See all my reviews
researched a lot to find one suitable for me .This has been great .Love the key pad at the side. Battery life good and screen size good

4.0 out of 5 stars Just one or two difficulties, 23 Nov 2012
It did not have a user manual when I bought it and this has made finding my way around difficult on the whole pretty good

4.0 out of 5 stars Lenova B570 15.6 Laptop, 24 Jun 2012
My only gripe with this laptop is that the keyboard is off centre and smallish (if that's possible) and I am a touch typist and often I am off the keys and type true gobbldegook!! Apart from that I have had no problems other than software and setting up a new laptop with all the accompanying problems - learning about a new machine! It has been great in other respects -I have had it about 10 months and have no problems to report. Oh just thought the fingerprint technology is not good - it will never recognise me, so have resorted to password signing on, which I don't consider is bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Value Laptop Computer, 24 Jan 2012
Alan Houston (Texas, United States) - See all my reviews
Over the past 20 years, I've owned a number of laptop computers. All of them had at least one serious limitation and all of them seemed overpriced compared with desktop computers.

The Lenovo B570 has amazed me. It handles every task perfectly, from browsing the internet, to editing long documents, organizing photo albums, watching a movie on Netflix, or watching a movie on DVD. It carries out those tasks as well as any $1,000 laptop.

It is also nice looking, in an understated way. When I have used it at Starbucks, people come over and ask me about it...saying "that's a nice looking laptop...is it expensive?" They are shocked when I tell them I paid $299 for it. It has the look and feel of a computer that sells for two or three times as much.

The one weakness is the battery. Lenovo chose a compact, light battery to give the B570 a slim profile and keep the weight low. It can handle a two hour movie over Wi-Fi from Netflix, but a three hour movie is cutting it close. I may upgrade to a bigger battery.

For 90% of families, and many professionals, the B570 can handle any daily task well. I hope Lenovo does not treat the B570 as a promotional item...Lenovo should build on the concept of the $300 "do it all" laptop as an alternative to the "cute, but underpowered fruity laptop."