on 8 January 2013
After upgrading to Lion, my iMac became so slow, that I dreaded using it, and even became embarrassed about its sluggishness due to previously boasting to friends and family about how great a machine it was. I felt eventually that it was a pity to have such a good computer and not to be able to use and enjoy it to its fullest extent. The price of memory upgrade from Apple was ridiculously high to simply double my RAM.

After a bit of research, I took the plunge and bought the Crucial upgrade. I am absolutely 100% satisfied with it. It is so affordable I could purchase the maximum RAM my iMac could handle (2 x 4) Immediately I installed it, which is the easiest thing in the world to do, my iMac worked like a dream and has been doing so since.

Delivery was also very quick.

Best thing I've done in ages. Great product, I can't possibly see how Apple can justify their exorbitant price for the same item.

Buy it!
on 13 May 2012
I bought this to upgrade the RAM of my 2009 Macbook Pro. My Mac now feels like it is fresh out of the box.
I noticed an immediate performance boost when using OSX Lion. You can have lots and lots of applications open without seeing the rotating colour wheel.

Very easy to Install (static wrist strap recommended).
This is very good value for money and much cheaper then if you buy direct from Apple.

Amazon's delivery speed cant be matched. Received next day with Amazon Prime.

This item is a must to give your old Mac a boost or even to give your new Mac some more power.
on 26 January 2013
I read the various earlier helpful reviews before purchasing. Thanks to all previous reviewers who gave great insight into what could be expected. 2 X 4Gb cards arrived about 48 hours after ordering.

Fitting process took an unhurried 15 minutes or so, heeding earlier reviewer's warnings about small screws/ electronic screwdrivers & use of an earthing wrist-strap (anti-static) - I had one I'd purchased earlier for couple of quid for other electronic work.

At disassembly, it's probably worth noting that there are two different lengths of screws holding the bottom cover of the MBP in place. There are three long ones in rear edge positions and all the others are short ones. It may save a small amount of time and maybe concern if you note the positions of the long ones as you take the cover off, for when you come to replace it after fitting the new cards.

Replacement of original memory cards was straightforward although those unfamiliar with the internal mounting/slotting assembly MAY be tempted to unscrew the entire card holder (four black screws into the motherboard) if they don't realise the cards are released by pinching the plastic levers on the side of the slot assembly. (DON'T UNSCREW THE BLACK SCREWS! IT'S NOT NECESSARY - and you may do some unintended alignment or other mischief). The two plastic levers on the side of the card-holder assembly release each card in turn, each of which pops up by about 30 degrees from their normal horizontal position, thus enabling them to be gripped by the sides and slid out, one by one, before simply sliding in the new replacement ones. Cards can't go in the wrong way round because of the asymmetrical layout of the edge connectors.

Start-up after installation of new cards was trouble free, the memory being found immediately and identified in the hardware profile listing.
I have a Windows 7 partition on my 15" MacBookPro running in a Virtual OS using VM Fusion (V3) that used to be relatively sluggish and on occasions disconcerting slow in responsiveness. This, for me, was to be the big test of the effect of the memory upgrade. In effect, it's a huge improvement and the whole machine feels like new.

I've upgraded this ahead of an intended OS upgrade from Snow Leopard, probably to Mountain Lion in the near future. I'm more confident now that the extra memory will handle additional processing loads from an updated Apple OS.
This memory upgrade option decision now seems to me to be a "no-brainer" by comparison with either an Apple upgrade at something like 4X the cost, or an even more expensive replacement of the entire MBP, which would have been utterly unjustified and frivolous.
My experience has been entirely positive and I'm happy to confirm this in support of the previous positive feedback comments from others.
on 16 December 2014
Apple state Yosemite requires of 2 GB memory and 8 GB disc space. Our MacBook Pro had 4 GB memory and 100+ GB disc space. It became so slow it was almost unusable immediately after upgrading to the Yosemite operating system. Installing this upgrade solved the problem. Makes me wonder what is happening at Apple Inc.
on 12 September 2012
I'd been using iPhoto for a while, but new camera, new ideas, so I switched to Aperture (which is an incredibly good product) but things slowed down.

At first, I thought my processor wasn't up to it, as edits and rendering changes took several seconds at times, and if using or loading other programs at the same time, the "beach-ball of death" became a constant companion. A friend said to try upgrading memory first. It's lots cheaper than a new MBPro!

OMG, what a change. Aperture loads quickly, runs smoothly and doesn't "beach-ball" other tasks.

I looked at Activity Monitor, with just Aperture running (I've a library of about 1500 photos). It was using about 5.5gb of real memory - no wonder things were slow with just 4gb installed.

If you're using "pro-apps" this is almost essential. It's easy to fit (Google instructions from Apple), except for the tiny, tiny screws in the back of the Macbook - make sure you have a jeweller's screwdriver set (try B&Q).

Can't recommend this enough.
on 9 April 2012
After checking out the reviews for the right type of memory to buy for my iMac (21.5 inch screen, Intel, late 2009 edition), this brand did compare very closely to the Kensington offer, so it was a flip-of-the-coin, and "Crucial" won.

Good things:
1. From the UK to Sweden, the memory from Flexx (through Amazon.co.uk) arrived sooner than the estimated arrival date.
2. Memory took less than 5 minutes to install
3. Apple make it really easy to follow the instruction guides
(on OSX Lion 10.7.x click "Apple Icon (top left) > About This Mac > More Info... > Memory > Memory Upgrade Instructions)
4. Price is great
5. iMac performs exceedingly better
6. Memory has a lifetime guarantee

Bad things:
None yet

Recommendation:
I would thoroughly recommend this product for service, delivery, price and performance.
Imagine my horror when I went onto the Apple website to price up 8GB of Ram. Good God! Go look yourself and weep in horror. Needless to say I wanted up upgrade my RAM but did not want to pay what I thought was a ludicrous price from Apple.

Came to have a scout about on Amazon (where I nowadays buy everything lol) and found this. I liked the price and I also read all the reviews and felt confident enough to buy.

I upgraded my RAM to 8GB yesterday. Was a painless process (though do make sure you ground yourself first before you do this!) and I have to say I am totally delighted.

My iMac now rocks! its like Greased Lightening LOL (I'm a pro-user who uses a lot of pro, ram hungry programs) Its superb!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!! for quality, value (awesome price I must say) and speed of delivery (thank you Amazon Prime)

10/10
on 4 January 2012
I've been running Win 7 on my macbook pro and while it was 'ok' - it was always a little sluggish with the 2GB that was allocated to it under Parallels.

Now I have 8GB ram installed it works fantastically and is super fast. Its had a huge impact on all the software - everything runs much much faster, especially Mail, iTunes & Safari

I can't recommend this enough.
on 2 April 2013
Very affordable RAM upgrade.
After watching a few "how to" videos on youtube I felt confident enough to buy the RAM and install it in my macbook pro.
This is a very easy job. Plenty of advice/guidance on the web for you to buy this with confidence and install with ease.
As soon as I had finished the job and restarted the computer I was very pleased to notice the immediate impact this RAM upgrade had. The ability of the compter to run multiple tasks in multiple windows has improved and the speed with which applications can be opened and used is much quicker.
If you have a macbook pro with relatively low RAM (2 or 4GB) I cannot recommend this upgrade enough.
on 31 August 2015
I've bought Crucial kits to upgrade the RAM in many Apple Macs over the years for work, myself, and others. the kits have all worked flawlessly, and are reasonably priced (especially compared to the original cost of a RAM upgrade from Apple).

I bought this to upgrade a Mid-2009 17" Macbook Pro (5,2) from 4GB to 8GB. It's a workplace machine which we have had for over 5 years, and we're squeezing some more life out of it by upgrading the spinning hard disk to an equivalently sized SSD, and upgrading the RAM because it is used for video editing and motion graphics and we were updating it to run Yosemite.

As usual, all is working well. Recommended