on 17 June 2014
An insightful and at the same time thoroughly enjoyable look at four of Shakespeare's most powerful plays. Though written in 1904, the writing is perfectly easy to read and maintains an academic tone without being stuffy.

Its insights are just as illuminating now as then; I certainly don't think this has been replaced by time. I would recommend this as a pleasure to anyone with a general interest in Shakespeare and his works (such as myself), and for someone well versed in literature on Shakespeare I'd say that this is essential.

This public domain kindle version is also perfectly produced and excellently formatted. The copious notes and links work wonderfully formatted and there are hardly any mistakes in the reproduction.
on 2 May 2012
This is an essential read for English Liteature students and to have it on the Kindle for free is amazing!
on 18 November 2013
If you ever wonder to yourself..... Why do people treat each other so creuly?
Shakespeare always has an explaination. He does it better than Freud at times ...
Read these tragedies to learn about life. .
on 17 May 2013
I bought this collection to help me with my homework (I'm in yr9) and it did help immensely - infact buying it gave me the opportunity to get a higher mark than everyone else :-)
on 18 May 2013
A really useful book which is well written and contains a good level of detail for A Level students. Helps to understand Shakespeare and his plays.
on 12 February 2013
I am still reading Bradley's lecture first lecture (Hamlet), yet find this kindle book thoroughly engaging. Bradley shares his profound knowledge of Shakespeare's Tragedies engagingly. I have already added so many bookmarks, I intend to buy a hard-copy (Despite not having any problems with the formatting of this book, I really don't find kindle books easy to reference, nor move from text to notes or highlights, and then back to text) I would give a good condition hard-copy five stars.
on 22 April 2014
Good book - free, worth reading - written in a way rich is both engaging, captivating, and yet still informative.
on 6 February 2015
Its age is of no concern; the studies are concise,clear and immensely thoughtful.Highly recommended by me!
on 6 February 2016