5.0 out of 5 stars Diamond Clean & Diamond Fast!
Published 16 months ago by NR2

1.0 out of 5 stars Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Toothbrush Review
Owned various Sonicare Toothbrushes for years.
This one = Sleek looks over function.

Returned mine after a approx 3wks.

The charge does NOT last 3wks if full cycles used properly = 7/10 day's tops.

I experienced a loud jack-hammer distortion intermittently on 'clean' mode.

Beautiful futuristic design BUT after being used to...
Published 21 months ago by pd0752

5.0 out of 5 stars Diamond Clean & Diamond Fast!, 28 Nov 2012
NR2 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Philips Sonicare HX9332/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White (Personal Care)
I couldn't believe the price of this toothbrush when I went to high street shops, not even being able to find it at the major stockists who sell Philips Sonicare toothbrush products. I was really delighted to be able to find this product on Amazon UK and for having a cheaper cost price than the current "top of the line" Philips rechargeable toothbrushes without the Sonic technology.

I have been a fan of Sonic brushes since 2000. My first Sonic brush was by Philips and then replaced by the rather excellent Braun Sonic Complete. Over the years though the Braun has started to get weaker with its battery and the Sonicare HX9332/04 by Philips seemed like the ideal replacement. There are tons of things about this brush product that really appeal to me, not least the funky actual glass tumbler where the toothbrush can be left in it to charge - provided you slot in the plug charger base underneath it. However, as a freelance musician and researcher, the material clad "reading glasses" travel case is more appropriate to me where charging is concerned as there's a permanently built in 2.0 USB cord already sealed into the unit which makes it easy to charge off any PC or MAC, or even if you have a USB battery charger plug for an iPod! I much prefer Philips decision here to fit the older style 2.0 USB cord as it makes it easier if you have an old work laptop with you on business trips and the case itself is well made and able to withstand general abuse.

When it comes to general use, this is a very classy toothbrush. Decked out in a smooth ceramic finish and five cleaning modes ("Clean," "White," "Polish," "Gum Care," and "Sensitive."), I find the Sonicare HX9332 to do what it largely says on the box. You get a smaller clean head and a standard larger toothbrush head with the travel case, each having lift off protective caps. At the time of waiting for my Philips Sonicare to arrive, I ordered a basic set of three standard Sonicare toothbrush heads from Argos and was delighted to find that they fit the Sonicare HX9332/04 Diamond Clean, even if it fails to say so on the box. However, when it comes to actual performance, I find there's a big difference between the replacement heads and the ones suitable for Diamond Clean.

The highest "clean" speed can be a bit too abrasive if you are not used to it, but this is a very powerful brush able to select just one of the speeds by pressing on the main button once to go down the list, highlighted by the lights of the words that appear easily when activated. A built in timer and quad cycle tells me when it is time to change the angle of the brush and compared to my Braun Sonic Complete brush head, the Philips Diamond Clean is a lot smaller and far more nimble to reach into the farthest corners of my mouth. A claim on the box that the brush can give whiter teeth in two weeks however was the biggest claim that has actually turned out to work - provided you go by the daily twice a day routine! A battery indicator in green also shows up whenever the brush is used and goes orange when it is time to charge up. Generally although it requires 6 to 10 hours for its initial charge out of the box, the Sonicare Diamond Clean only requires 4 to 8 hours thereafter for the claimed 2 week usage. I have only had the toothbrush for the month (but will update as time goes on) and found the initial charge has been sufficient without more charging - that's impressive!

However there are few downsides. Although the unit has a 1/2 minute timer built in, my Diamond Clean tends to stop before two minutes are up, or perhaps I'm going over the two minutes without really noticing, thus requiring to start up the brush again. However, compared to the Braun Sonic Complete's brush, toothpaste leakage is not much of an issue on account that the brush heads are thinner by diameter with longer, softer bristles. The bristles are also slightly longer than the standard green replacements you can buy, marked also by the white bristles and show an indication of when they need to be replaced. General things like pieces of nuts that get wedged deep into my bottom front set of teeth get whipped away by the Philips, cleanly compared to the Braun Sonic and logically best to keep your mouth closed as much as you can when using any Sonic brushes as the vibrations are far higher than a moveable brush head without the Sonic technology built in.

Generally I'm really pleased with the Philips Diamond Clean Sonic brush. Fast, quick to function and completely waterproof, the Sonic toothbrush is comfortable and not too noisy as well as being fairly light to handle and compact enough to boot. The only other downside is that the ceramic body is a bit too slippy to hold, even if it does look classy. Phillips could therefore add a bit more grippyness to the design to ensure that if it does fall out of your hands, the ceramic condition isn't marked. Thanks for reading. (c)NR2 2012.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pearly Whites, 10 Feb 2014
I have been a fan of Sonicare toothbrushes for the past several years, and each time up graded to the next one up. On average I have found these toothbrushes last about 2 years before needing replacing.

Ths glass charging and the travel case are nicely designed and quiky.

The toothbrush works extremely efficently as one would expect. The range was recommended to me by dentist due to poor gum health. In my last visit my dentist was impressed with my oral hygiene, so must be doing something right!

5.0 out of 5 stars Phillips sonicare, 3 Mar 2013
Best teeth cleaning I've had outside of the dental hygienist. Handy carrying case with USB charging if you need it while away from home. Various cleaning programmes make it suitable for all sensitivities of mouth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really makes a difference, 8 April 2014
I was a bit dubious about spending so much on a toothbrush. I've always made do with manual brushing and didn't understand what a difference a quality electric toothbrush could make.

The first time using my sonicare I was amazed at how clean my teeth felt. I've now been using it for 6 months and my gums feel much healthier. I'm sure my teeth look whiter too.

Using it twice a day I find that the charge lasts for a sufficient time, and the included charging case is great.

While it is an expensive toothbrush, I'd happily recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dentist is impressed!, 23 Mar 2014
I'm not the best person at looking after my teeth but was impressed by the reviews I'd read for the Sonicare.
I love the fact that it lets me know when to move to the next section of my mouth. (Brilliant in the mornings when i'm still half asleep!)
It's the first toothbrush I've used that doesn't make my gums bleed.
I'd only had it a short while when I went to the Dentist (pre-arranged for some work) and he told me he thought my teeth were looking cleaner and no plaque build-up. (No visit to the hygienist!)
I'm not sure I would have bought it if I'd had to pay the full RRP but happy to have found a great bargain on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the Electric Toothbrush to have, 21 Feb 2014
This brush is ace!!! Better than Oral B. Dentist clean every time!! Thinking about getting the Airfloss next, but waiting for deluxe model

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, 20 Feb 2014
Tickles in the beginning but teeth definitely whiter and feel so clean and fresh after use. Woukd definately recommend. Worth the money for sure. Battery lasts ages too

5.0 out of 5 stars Farewell Braun, 10 Jun 2011
Tom Douglas (Marlow) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been a Braun fan for about 10 years. Electric toothbrushes clean better, hopefully everyone knows that now, and Braun have been up front and innovating to stay there.

So I have upgraded every couple of years and have been very happy. Clean teeth, fresh feeling, all of the stuff in the adverts.

Then I received a Philips Sonicare DiamondClean to test and after a month I have no intention of ever switching back.

Here is why:
- Cleaner teeth. Amazing. I thought my Braun Professional Care was at the pinnacle of cleanliness, but the Philips is noticably cleaner.
- Thinner handle. Much easier to hold. Still clunkier than a toothbrush but the gap is closing all the time.
- It charges in the glass. Just pop it into the Philips glass and it tops up the charge while you sleep. It also charges in its travel case, using a standard mini USB (I charge it with my laptop USB port)

The first point is the most important. Cleaning is everything. But the practical touches - how it feels in your hand and how it charges - are very nice extras and Philips have clearly put a great deal of thought into this.

It costs a mint, but clean teeth matter.

Five stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice brush, hefty price tag!, 14 Feb 2014
Being a coffee lover, I thought that this would be an excellent toothbrush for stain removal. The brush is very efficient, and cleans my teeth very well. My teeth do look a bit whiter also. A few points to consider is, you can only change the setting when the brush is switched on, the charge is not that good if you use the white setting all the time, and make sure you stand it in a glass, as it is very tall and slim and could easily be knocked over.
On the upside it is lovely and light to hold, it has a good travel/charging case and my teeth feel very polished after use. This is my third Sonicare, and I have bought different models for my children, and am pleased with the results.
Unfortunately I had to send my first Diamond Clean brush back as it developed and annoying rattle, but Amazon replaced it without quibble. Fingers crossed, I have had no issues with the replacement.
I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys coffee or red wine as this can help keep the teeth stains to a minimum.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 7 Feb 2014
Mr. D. Beadle (UK) - See all my reviews
I had a previous version from Sonicare but this is absolutely fantastic, you certainly can feel how much cleaner your teeth are
Highly recommend this is the Rolls Royce of tooth brushes