Published 1 month ago by N Lee

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful toothbrush but stops working after 11 months.
Felt I had to write this to help others.

When I first got this I raved about it. Space age toothbrush! Lovely sleek design, charges in its glass cup, or via its travel case usb whilst closed, and really really clean teeth. Was awesome. Even if it's a £250 tooth brush (but seems to be permanently half price)

Unfortunately it then stops working...
Published 3 months ago by Mr. J. P. Godfrey

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful toothbrush but stops working after 11 months., 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: Philips Sonicare HX9332/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White (Personal Care)
Felt I had to write this to help others.

Unfortunately it then stops working.

After about 11 months it seemed to vibrate a little less vigorously. I ignored it and carried on but it got worse and worse. It feels like some seals or rubber inside has worn down, so it ends up not really cleaning your teeth.

After about 13 months it was useless. I contacted amazon who just pointed me at the seller. The seller just stated 12 months warranty and told me to go away.

I asked amazon again, stating sale of goods act (£250 toothbrush should work for more than a year). Again no help. I've previously had very good customer care from amazon when buying goods where they are the seller, but I will now be very wary of buying on amazon from another merchant.

So overall a massive disappointment. Real shame as it's a beautiful toothbrush that functions brilliantly. Unfortunately seems to have a design flaw which means it ceases to operate after approx a year.

So if yours starts getting less effective contact the vendor straight way. Hope this is useful for some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only by using it will you discover just how good and what a difference this brush makes, 5 Nov 2014
N Lee "GarmischP" (Garmisch) - See all my reviews
This is one incredible toothbrush! I have been using this brush for several months now and have noticed a distinct change in how white my teeth have become,. They are several shades whiter than before when using my Easyclean brush. I have used all settings but the most prolonged have been using the clean and whitener settings. Whitening gives a slightly stronger cleaning action and for an extended time but my word does it make a difference. My teeth feel cleaner and for longer. It really is worth the extra you pay, no longer do I need a hygienist giving my teeth a polish at my 6 monthly check as the dentist said there was zero plaque....Never had that before! Only by using it will you discover just how good and what a difference this brush makes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Diamond Clean & Diamond Fast!, 28 Nov 2012
NR2 "Narayan Kundu" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I couldn't believe the price of this toothbrush when I went to high street shops, not even being able to find it at the major stockists who sell Philips Sonicare toothbrush products. I was really delighted to be able to find this product on Amazon UK and for having a cheaper cost price than the current "top of the line" Philips rechargeable toothbrushes without the Sonic technology.

I have been a fan of Sonic brushes since 2000. My first Sonic brush was by Philips and then replaced by the rather excellent Braun Sonic Complete. Over the years though the Braun has started to get weaker with its battery and the Sonicare HX9332/04 by Philips seemed like the ideal replacement. There are tons of things about this brush product that really appeal to me, not least the funky actual glass tumbler where the toothbrush can be left in it to charge - provided you slot in the plug charger base underneath it. However, as a freelance musician and researcher, the material clad "reading glasses" travel case is more appropriate to me where charging is concerned as there's a permanently built in 2.0 USB cord already sealed into the unit which makes it easy to charge off any PC or MAC, or even if you have a USB battery charger plug for an iPod! I much prefer Philips decision here to fit the older style 2.0 USB cord as it makes it easier if you have an old work laptop with you on business trips and the case itself is well made and able to withstand general abuse.

When it comes to general use, this is a very classy toothbrush. Decked out in a smooth ceramic finish and five cleaning modes ("Clean," "White," "Polish," "Gum Care," and "Sensitive."), I find the Sonicare HX9332 to do what it largely says on the box. You get a smaller clean head and a standard larger toothbrush head with the travel case, each having lift off protective caps. At the time of waiting for my Philips Sonicare to arrive, I ordered a basic set of three standard Sonicare toothbrush heads from Argos and was delighted to find that they fit the Sonicare HX9332/04 Diamond Clean, even if it fails to say so on the box. However, when it comes to actual performance, I find there's a big difference between the replacement heads and the ones suitable for Diamond Clean.

The highest "clean" speed can be a bit too abrasive if you are not used to it, but this is a very powerful brush able to select just one of the speeds by pressing on the main button once to go down the list, highlighted by the lights of the words that appear easily when activated. A built in timer and quad cycle tells me when it is time to change the angle of the brush and compared to my Braun Sonic Complete brush head, the Philips Diamond Clean is a lot smaller and far more nimble to reach into the farthest corners of my mouth. A claim on the box that the brush can give whiter teeth in two weeks however was the biggest claim that has actually turned out to work - provided you go by the daily twice a day routine! A battery indicator in green also shows up whenever the brush is used and goes orange when it is time to charge up. Generally although it requires 6 to 10 hours for its initial charge out of the box, the Sonicare Diamond Clean only requires 4 to 8 hours thereafter for the claimed 2 week usage. I have only had the toothbrush for the month (but will update as time goes on) and found the initial charge has been sufficient without more charging - that's impressive!

However there are few downsides. Although the unit has a 1/2 minute timer built in, my Diamond Clean tends to stop before two minutes are up, or perhaps I'm going over the two minutes without really noticing, thus requiring to start up the brush again. However, compared to the Braun Sonic Complete's brush, toothpaste leakage is not much of an issue on account that the brush heads are thinner by diameter with longer, softer bristles. The bristles are also slightly longer than the standard green replacements you can buy, marked also by the white bristles and show an indication of when they need to be replaced. General things like pieces of nuts that get wedged deep into my bottom front set of teeth get whipped away by the Philips, cleanly compared to the Braun Sonic and logically best to keep your mouth closed as much as you can when using any Sonic brushes as the vibrations are far higher than a moveable brush head without the Sonic technology built in.

Generally I'm really pleased with the Philips Diamond Clean Sonic brush. Fast, quick to function and completely waterproof, the Sonic toothbrush is comfortable and not too noisy as well as being fairly light to handle and compact enough to boot. The only other downside is that the ceramic body is a bit too slippy to hold, even if it does look classy. Phillips could therefore add a bit more grippyness to the design to ensure that if it does fall out of your hands, the ceramic condition isn't marked. Thanks for reading. (c)NR2 2012.

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke very quickly, 29 April 2014
After much research and talking to my dentist, I settled on the HX9332. At first it was great, but after a few weeks the spindle started to "wobble". (My wife bought the same brush, so I was able to compare them).

Philips replaced the defective handle quickly, but I still was without it for 5 days and I have definite concerns about the long term use. Fortunately there is a 2 year warranty - just hope I don't have to use it too many times.

One other minor gripe - there is no easy way to differentiate between my HX9332 and my wife's. Previous electric toothbrushes have had coloured rings that you could put on the brush head, but these don't.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my Sonicare!, 27 Aug 2014
I could buy a lot of toothbrushes for the price! But I have saved a lot on dental bills, my dentist has stopped telling me my gums are soft, my "pockets" are smaller. If I could find a car sticker "I love my Sonicare" I would stick one in!
Also when recently my toothbrush started playing up after only about 9 months I phoned Philips and the unit was exchanged within a week. Although I did need to read off an illegible serial number on the base.
These days their brushes no longer have a high pitched whistle like their early models.
And my teeth feel clean.

1.0 out of 5 stars This toothbrush was great for 9 months, 14 Oct 2014
M. Holst (York) - See all my reviews
This toothbrush was great for 9 months, with a real effect on the quality of dental hygiene, then it brushed moderately well for 4 weeks and now it is useless, not brushing with the same vigour and switching itself off after a few seconds despite the battery being charged. I would not buy this again.

1.0 out of 5 stars ONLY LASTS 2 YEARS!!!!!!!, 15 Oct 2014
Rechargable Battery fails after 2 years of use.
This is and was my last ever Philips Sonicare toothbrush.
The unit is only good as long as the warranty is valid. Have had 3 sonicare's and they all failed within months of the 2 warranty expiring (making this the most expensive toothbrush on the market). The issue is the non-replacable rechargable battery. I have contacted Philips and they don't care. They won't even consider making one with a repaceble battery. They also refer you to the retailer and the retailer says it's out of warranty. You can contact a service centre to have it repaired for upwards of 50.00 + courier fees to solder a new battery (for 10.00 on ebay).
As a toothbrush, it's great but as a product, it's a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Far superior to all my previous electric toothbrushes., 5 Dec 2014
I didn't think it would be any better than my previous Oral B electric toothbrushes but was encouraged to buy this by my son who has had one for nearly a year and swears by it, and wow what a difference. It really has removed all the stains, whitened and reached further into my gums and between my teeth. Very impressed- especially as i managed to secure it for a fraction o fits normal retail price in Amazon's Black Friday week deals. Love the travel case that charges as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 Dec 2014
I absolutely love this toothbrush. We upgraded from an 8 year oral b and, wow, what a difference. It looks and feels like a premium product. The charging glass is very classy and I wouldn't mind having it on on display (but our socket is in the cupboard). It has a few settings which do the job very nicely. I find it gentler on the gums but a much better clean than the old oral b. My teeth are whiter and feel cleaner and we've only had it 2 weeks! I also love the travel case. The battery life is great ( we've still not needed to recharge) but it's reassuring to be able to charge while away. It's also very well made and attractive.

All in all, a great (so far) faultless product - makes me look forward to brushing my teeth!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toothbrush, 12 Dec 2014
I love this. I was never one to brush my teeth every night without fail but since I purchased this I have been brushing twice a day. Its fun to use, powerful and most of all enjoyable.

The different settings are great, I have been using it on the 'White' mode and have noticed great improvement in the colour of my teeth. I had been a heavy smoker for 6 years and quit about a year ago, however i have always had a slight yellow tint to my teeth and since using this product I can say that the colour has improved by about 70%.

The Battery life is great and lasts for about a month. The carry case is also very handy as I have been travelling quite a lot and have found it to be very useful, sturdy and very stylish. The glass supplied with the product that also works as a charger is fantastic, you simply place the toothbrush in the cup and it begins charging wirelessly. Great!

It comes with 2 brush heads and each one lasts quite a while, the two heads lasted me for around 6 months and only today have i ordered a new set of brush heads.

When brushing my teeth using this i usually brush for around 5 minutes on average using the White mode, twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. I dont put the toothbrush in the charger every night as the charger is in my room and i keep the brush in the bathroom. The battery lasts around 1 month before I need to charge it, and I change the head every 3 months. Total charging time is around 24 hours I think, but I havent really paid much attention to this as i place it in charge at night when i need to and then remove it the next night from charge.

Conclusion

Overall this is a Fantastic product, and very good value for money. If your looking for a stylish electric toothbrush for a good price then look no further. I would highly recommend this to anyone. In fact, my sister got one as well after seeing mine.