‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clever, very good, get one, 9 Dec 2011
Simon Collins - See all my reviews
This review is from: OptiMate 4 Dual Program
I love this. I have a classic motorcycle and I had a problem with the battery. I thought I needed an new battery as it appeared not to be holding a charge. It tested the battery over a few days and registered it as green = good. The bike started beautifully, further testing (not using the optimate) revealed a weakness in the charging circuit that is now fixed.

As the bike is now laid up for the winter the optimate allows for the battery to remain connected on the bike and being charged via a special cable. I have the confidence that the battery will be in excellent condition whenever I choose to start the bike and am sure my battery life will be extended. There are a number of accessories available enabling you to connect a sat nav or similar in fact anything that can run off a cigarette lighter socket Extension Lead Optimate 3 and 4 Weatherproof Fused Eyelet Lead OptiMate 3 and 4 OptiMate 3 and OptiMate 4 Accessory Plug Lead (Female) Cigarette Lighter Adapter (Male) OptiMate 3 4

This is not just a battery charger the product coupled with the extras (once fitted to the bike) make up an excellent package, I'm glad I invested in one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very good, 29 Mar 2012
Mr. M. Regan "THE man in black" (Cumbria) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: OptiMate 4 Dual Program
The optimate range have always been pretty good items and the Mk4 is a very good, compact intelligent battery charger. I ordered mine as my battery was strugling in the cold weather and although the charger is showing that the battery is good it has no depth of charge, I think in all fairness to the charger the cold has goosed the battery completely and especially in the mornings I have been resorting to bumping the bike, however for the last 2 nights I have left the charger connected overnight and while the bike is struggling a little on start when cold it is allowing me to start it on the button. I reckon I ran it too long with a dodgy battery before buying the charger. I do rate the Optimate highly and the extra connector to allow the charger flying lead to be connected up to the battery and left under the seat is quite frankly a godsend, as otherwise I have to remove half the luggage racks and then a side panel to get at the battery (Yammy Diversion XJ900) so that is a great idea. Have new battery on order and I think the Optimate will keep me rolling till it arrives. Fingers crossed anyway, the charger is also sealed so its waterproof and compact enough to be connected up, put under the seat and the seat replaced with no fuss at all. I would recomend this product to anyone looking for a high spec battery charger that will also work with Gel batteries.
UPDATE and admission of fecklessness!
I ordered and received a new battery, thought that I'd just check it with the optimax, it was unsurprisingly fine, but I noticed that when I connected the charger it did things I hadn't seen when I plugged it in to the bike, so back to the bike, double checked the old Optimax battery lead I had fitted and discovered that at some point the fuse in the extension had gone (Muppet!) so switched fuses and it is now going through the full test and charge cycle I might not have a goosed battery after all, Yay, but I may have bought a spare I don't need, Boo. Ah well at least the Optimax is working fine :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery flat or not holding it's charge?, 22 April 2012
This review is from: OptiMate 4 Dual Program
If your bike has Can-Bus tech then this is the charger you want (it also works with just as well on standard mode for charging with the battery disconnected or for bikes without Can-Bus system), it's simple to use, robust, reliable and does exactly what you require of it.There is a lead for plugging into an accessory socket available as an optional extra for a few pounds, which if you have a socket is well worth getting as it enables connection/disconnection in seconds.Regular usage will keep your battery in tip top condition all year round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Job, 20 April 2012
This review is from: OptiMate 4 Dual Program
I have had an Optimate 3 for 9 years now and has done its' job up to now. I have owned a BMW R1200 for over 5 years now which has the new Can-bus electric system, which stops me using the old optimate through the auxilliary socket. I have had to hard wire the connections to the bike battery. Now with the Optimate 4, I can set it to Can-bus mode and use the aux. socket. It seems to work fine. Just the Job!!
The suppliers provided a very prompt and efficient delivery, about 2 days in all. Great service!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Otimate 4, 17 Nov 2012
This review is from: OptiMate 4 Dual Program
Lots has been written about Optimate battery conditioners/chargers and its all true. You dont have to do anything except plug it in. Brill really. Only thing is understanding fully the explanations of wot it is doin with all the lights flashing. It would be good if the instructions definately said you can leave battery connected and locked and so on with alarms snd such. Had to get that from other users.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very flat battery recovered!, 2 Jun 2012
This review is from: OptiMate 4 Dual Program
I bought the Optimate 4 Dual Programme; I had a very flat battery on my motorbike, so decided to see if this would recover it before buying a new one. The charger is fully automatic with lots of LED's, to tell the truth its a little confusing as to exactly what is doing at the some points, however as it is fully automatic (no button or switches) it doesn't really matter to much. For mine it went automatically to deep recovery mode, a few hours of special de-sulphating and pulsing my battery was back from the dead, showing full charge! The charger is well worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly efficient., 7 Feb 2012
Rp Dupont "Roma" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OptiMate 4 Dual Program
Bought it before Christmas, just in case for the winter (the bike stays outside with 2 covers on).
Used it yesterday because the battery was flat, went on holiday for 2 weeks.Came back for the snow.
Left it on for 2hours on program 1, Bike fired up on the first attempt. Great.

5.0 out of 5 stars A treat for the bike, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: OptiMate 4 Dual Program
This is the standard against which all other chargers are measured.
Fit and forget, the bike is now tucked up in the garage until Spring, bar the odd sunny day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent charger, connect and forget, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: OptiMate 4 Dual Program
I have been looking at a charger for my bike for a long time and you have a choice between the CTEK and the Optimate. I went for the Optimate as its a bit cheaper and its the ones BMW rebrands. As per usual the package arrived very quick. I ran it over the weekend and this morning the bike fired up with extra pop. Its always a good idea to use a charger that conditions the battery for the few days you dont ride. It does not need to be connected all the time but every few weeks to let it run for a few days. This charger comes with the clamps to connect on the battery or another lead that you can permanently connect to the battery. You can also buy an extra lead that plug into the accessory socket on the bike. This also works with the BMW canbus system. All in all a very good solid product.

4.0 out of 5 stars No battery failures so far, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: OptiMate 4 Dual Program
I bought this to replace another battery conditioner which had failed but without any indication of failure. This Optimate 4 has been in use on my bike since October 2012 and has not failed to keep the battery in good condition.

The only negative I have is that the instructions / user guide is a little lacking as it does not fully explain the multitude of flashing lights when the unit is in operation. It can be a little disconcerting to see a multitude of flashing lights when the unit is initially connected without a thorough explanation of what the unit is doing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›