5.0 out of 5 stars Genius unfettered by time
Published on 16 July 2006 by GRBD

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm Not Sure This One Still Works For Me!
Mark Twain's last book-"The Mysterious Stranger" was far, far better (in my opinion) but I guess this si one where he had a go at putting his accumulated thoughts (from many accumulated discussions with scientific friends) to add to a pantheon.
I will have another go but I am finding it a tad too ponderous.
Published on 12 Jun. 2013 by Euphemia

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius unfettered by time, 16 July 2006
More philosophical wit and wisdom from the master storyteller, as Captain Stormfield lays waste to the more traditional views of the hereafter. In very much the same vein as "The Diary Of Adam And Eve", Twain deals organised religion body blows from left and right with hilarious portrayals of such cherished figures as Moses, and some pitch-perfect dissections of the lamentable human animal.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm Not Sure This One Still Works For Me!, 12 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Extract from Captain Stormfield's Visit to Heaven (Kindle Edition)
I will have another go but I am finding it a tad too ponderous.