5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping tale by one of our greatest novelists
I'd never read any CC before I read the Mallen Trilogy - books I came across by chance whilst stranded in a rainy backpackers on the other side of the world. They kept me enthralled for days on end, until I'd read the last word and the rain had finally stopped. Totally gripping, and full of both the wit and realism she is famed for. Since experiencing the Mallens, I've...
Published on 6 May 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book
A bit slow to start but a good book once into it.
Would recommend as an easy read.
Good holidaying
Published 12 months ago by ms j wilkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Mallen Streak (The Mallen Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This was the first of the Mallen Trilogy. Very good story, gripping and thoroughly spell binding. The 2 follow ups were just as good. Catherine Cookson at her very best.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mallen Streak, 24 Mar 2014
I first read this book when I was in my twenties. and thoroughly enjoyed it. Have read it twice now . it is a very moving story. A story of love and hate between members of one family. I would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a trilogy, 18 Jan 2014
I find Catherine Cookson writes easy to read books that are hard to put down. I must put some more on my Kindle

1.0 out of 5 stars Where are the other 2 titles????, 3 Jan 2014
Ordered this trilogy for my Amazon Kindle but seem only to have received The Mallen Streak!! Hence the one star, other than that the story is great, as are all Catherine Cookson novels. Unless I'm going nuts I can't find the other two titles anywhere on my Kindle Fire. Will carry on searching, but do feel as if I've been misled. Grrrr!! I will post again if I can figure out where the other two titles are!!

5.0 out of 5 stars the mallen streak, 30 Dec 2013
read these stories many years ago catherine cookson stories are always enjoyable to read can wait to finish reading others in series

4.0 out of 5 stars books, 6 Sep 2013
I have read most of cathrine cookson books in the past I enjoyed reading this book again hoping to find more

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 15 Aug 2013
A trip down memory lane that reminds you why Catherine Cookson is still as popular today. Read again if you've read before :)

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 14 Aug 2013
good overall view cover have not read book yet as i am keeping it for holidays shortly then i will read it

4.0 out of 5 stars The mallen streak - c.cookson, 11 Aug 2013
I found this a pleasant read, C Cookson always had a realistic and a down to earth approach to her characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mallen Streak, 9 Aug 2013
Pjm Jackson - See all my reviews
Yet another trilogy from Catherine Cookson, I just love her books and downloading her books to my Kindle Fire HD makes reading easier than carrying loads of books
Happy Reading Janet