5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bright and reflective back pack
Brilliant Hi Vis back pack.
I bought this for my husband for christmas and he is really pleased with it.
He got knocked off his bike recently, but now with this fabulous bright and reflective bag he can be clearly seen.
I bought it after reading the reviews and am so pleased I did.
It is big enough to fit in everything he needs for work as well as...
Published on 3 Jan 2012 by tregster29

2.0 out of 5 stars Not big or robust enough
Like most people in the world, I have a mother who worries about me. Hence the arrival of this bag once she heard I was riding to work in London every day. Bless her.

Published on 6 July 2012 by Richard Beer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not big or robust enough, 6 July 2012
Richard Beer (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HI VISIBILITY RUCKSACK BACKPACK BEST SELLER - 2 COLOURS (Apparel)

Anyway, I was initially quite pleased with the bag. It's certainly very visible and gave me much greater peace of mind on the road in the evenings than the black rucksack I'd been using previously.

I work in an office, so need to carry a change of clothes and shoes with me whenever I commute. This means I always have a fair amount of gear on my back, especially on days when I am doing something else like playing squash or football.

This bag isn't quite big enough for that. I found myself having to choose lighter, smaller clothes on certain days, or cycle in my squash shoes. Even then, the bag started to come apart internally within the first week. The lining came away from the elasticated strap on the (only) inside pouch almost immediately and, after a month, I found the structure of the bag literally coming apart at the seams in several places around the zips.

I understand that filling a bag to the brim places stresses on the seams, but this is the first time I've had a bag actually start to tear apart on me. I am not over-filling it, forcing in more gear that it can hold or struggling to close the zip. It's just not well-made enough. I can now fit my hand through the holes around the side of the zip, so I have gone back to my black, North Face rucksack, which I have owned for almost 10 years with no hint of disintegration.

When winter comes around again, I'll need to find another high-vis rucksack solution, but it won't be this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bright and reflective back pack, 3 Jan 2012
Brilliant Hi Vis back pack.
I bought this for my husband for christmas and he is really pleased with it.
I bought it after reading the reviews and am so pleased I did.
It is big enough to fit in everything he needs for work as well as being a fabulous colour with reflective strips - perfect for cycling to work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for being seen, not so great for carrying things!, 17 Feb 2014
Overall some great design features which are unfortunately let down by the poor quality/weak material.

Pros:
-Very clear visibility with lots of reflective strips
-Useful side and inner pockets
-Large main compartment for lots of storage
-Extra expandable front pocket for your cycling helmet

Cons:
-Basically any stress placed on the fabric will cause it to rip so not suitable for carrying heavy items such as books ( After a month the main handles also started to fray and eventually the fabric around the top zip started to come apart making it useless.)
-Not waterproof. The fabric itself will let any rain through soaking anything inside.

Unfortunately I had to throw it away today due to all the tears and fraying which is a shame as it was such a good design for a cycling bag. Thankfully later today (17/2) I found a great small cycling rucksack from Aldi which is half the price and includes a built in waterproof cover which stores in the base of bag when not needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, 8 Dec 2013
Very well made of thick material and neat helmet section if needed makes it great for cyclists. Though had to re stitch one strap a little

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 24 Dec 2012
Bought for my 11 year old son to carry his stuff in. Very bright, very reflective, cheap, fast delivery. would recommend at this price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does The Job, 23 July 2012
Size & comfort is fine only a couple of personal gripes not waterproof & would rather pull string top with a flap rather than zips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 16 Feb 2013
This rucksack is a great little rucksack, just a shame it wasn't bigger and had more compartments and pockets, the hi vis is brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, 4 Jan 2013
Bought this for work and its big enough to get everything in it and you wont lose it cause it is so bright.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the commute, 2 Jun 2013
Wanted something light, hi-vis and big enough for work essentials - ticks them all - Have seen the comments about durability, I do 9 miles each way - it's good enough for that and at this price what more could you expect?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product & would be five stars but the shoulder ..., 2 July 2014
Great product & would be five stars but the shoulder straps are coming apart after only a months light use, fixable but inconvenient. Otherwise a great alternative to a high viz jacket and much more useful!