This was an unusual and quirky book with a lot of interesting facts and recommendations, and it arrived very quickly. What more more can you say?
Published 17 months ago by JHM

2.0 out of 5 stars 0 stars for the book, a few stars for ACV
The useful information on ACV in this book could be summarised on a single page. All you really need to know is that having a teaspoon or two of unfiltered apple cider vinegar with meals can aid digestion.

Published on 28 Jan 2012 by Jodi-Hummingbird

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars 0 stars for the book, a few stars for ACV, 28 Jan 2012
Jodi-Hummingbird - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

I'd read a tiny bit about ACV in a few health books and wanted to know more so I ordered this book from my local library. But in the end I got a lot more information in those brief book mentions of it!

This book is weirdly put together. It is like someone got lots of one and two page advertorials for Bragg ACV products and joined them together to be sold as a book. This isn't even remotely a properly written or researched health book. The book lacks even the most basic information about how ACV works and why. The language used in the book isn't of a professional tone and assumes the reader is not very bright or well read. The information is so poorly laid out and presented, and the content is so sparse and all along you feel you are being sold something.

It is more like a religious type of preaching than a scientific sharing of information. It is very heavy handed. There is also a far bit of actual Christian preaching in the book too.

I also wasn't at all sold on the dietary information in this book either, as I disagree that all of us or even most of us do well on a very high carb diet or a mostly raw diet. It is just not true that raw foods are digested better than cooked ones as the book Eat Fat, Lose Fat: The Healthy Alternative to Trans Fats (among others) explains. Fasting also isn't for everyone and I very much doubt ACV will have any effect at all on your weight.

ACV isn't a cure-all but it is a good product and it can absolutely help digestion. It is essential for me when I eat something that has a significant amount of fat in it; it really helps.

Bragg's makes a quite good ACV product too as far as I am aware. But this book is beyond awful. There are so many other excellent health books out there, I am disappointed my library wasted money on this one.

Instead of buying this 'book' check out real health books such as Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats and Eat Fat, Lose Fat: The Healthy Alternative to Trans Fats and Real Food: What to Eat and Why and many others.

Jodi Bassett, HFME

3.0 out of 5 stars Very informative but also confusing., 25 Mar 2008
This book certainly tells you about the amazing uses for Cider Vinegar and it's medicinal value. That's great.
It also displays the Bragg families enthusiasm and belief in the healthy lifestyle, I will be giving it a go myself. But the book is not an easy read, and the reader needs to constantly refer back to the contents page to figure out where they are. It's contents are all over the place and seems to me to be trying to be constantly selling their own products.
Having said that it's a good informative read, as long as you can deal with the somewhat confusing layout of the book, and also their religious enthusiasm then this is worthwhile having on your shelf!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars APPLE CIDER VINEGAR, 14 Oct 2010
Contains a lot of praise and advertising for Bragg's cider vinegar and other promotions. An unusual mixture of philosophical quotes, poems, references to God and advice on healthy living; could only be American; quite amusing.

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Apple Cider Vinegar Miracle Health System (Kindle Edition)
An interesting if not confusing. Not sure what I expected but ? Lots of anecdotal information but no instructions. However made me want to find out further information. I suffer from fibromyalgia and looking for a healthy treatment of this condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars An unusual and quirky book with a lot of interesting facts and recommendations, 23 July 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Not fat burn, 20 May 2014
not as I expected to burn fat and loose more weight but I may order more bottles to see how it works

3.0 out of 5 stars Apple Cider Vinegar, 5 Jun 2014
Used this for nearly three wks now after my blood pressure test showed border line high. After reading some reviews thought I would try it, feeling better in myself but don't know if my BP is back down to its usual level of 119!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars the book, 30 May 2014
Very informative book thank you, still reading this and it's a world of discovery!

Just about to use some for my cough and cold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bragg`s Apple Cider Vinegar, 22 Mar 2014
Bragg`s Apple Cider Vinegar Miracle Health System - Excellent book very good and comprehensive wished i had read it before

5.0 out of 5 stars A very intertaining book and well worth a look, 21 Feb 2013
Rankin Cattan "rankin_cattan" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Im sure anyone who has a browse through this book will like it well worth a look ,read and enjoy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›