5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headset !
Before i bought this headset i was using turtle beach x11's which were wired, the wire became very tangly and the mic jack always pulled out so i decided to get a wireless headset.

Published on 22 Sept. 2012 by Tony

1.0 out of 5 stars 7XB failed after 1 year.
Published 6 months ago by Ian Allanach

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headset !, 22 Sept. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Steelseries Spectrum 7XB Wireless Headset (Xbox 360) (Accessory)

the sound from the headset is really good although one of the equalizer settings is basically unusable because the bass is just so heavy the sound becomes distorted with certain game sounds.

the live mix feature is pretty handy, although i usually have a lot of friends in an xbox live party when I'm playing a game so i tend not to use this feature due to the game volume constantly get quieter then louder again, still a nice feature to have though

i was expecting the headset to be heavy because its wireless but it's surprisingly light AND doesn't have that cheapish feel to it so build quality is good!

the battery life is pretty good on this headset i use rechargeable AAA batteries and they last for about 20 hours of gameplay which i think is what SteelSeries said to expect from the headset

it has a nice design to it, it goes well with a black controller !

it has great noise reduction as well so you cant hear whats going on in the house :P

there are only 2 minor problems i have though

1. I'm used to turtle beach x11's and they have a feature which allows you to hear yourself speak whilst talking to you're friends, unfortunately this headset has not got this feature so it could take a while getting used to if you have used turtle beach previously, sometimes you find yourself shouting, but as i said it's not a major problem.

2. I think that most wireless headsets suffer from interference from other wireless signals, i'm not sure as this is the first wireless headset I've had but my internet modem and router are in the same room as my xbox and headset so i do get some interference now and again but it's only a little crackle nothing major.

I moved the router and the headset transmitter as far away from each other as i possibly could and i did help a little bit but if you are in a different room from you're router then you probably won't have problem with interference :)

All in All this headset is really good and i was quite lucky as well i bought this when it was £47 on amazon, now it's £99...BARGAIN

9/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good headset, no flaws. Best value for money., 5 Aug. 2014
Bought this headset for £35. Got it delivered to Belgium within two days (normal shipping) I've used it for about 50 hours now.

Comfort: Very good. I can wear this headset for hours, no problem at all. (It's a Steelseries, what'd you expect?) Although I have to say that the 5XB's soft cussions are better than this 7XB's (fake) leather cussions. But maybe that's personal preference. It's also a little bit heavier than the 5XB because of the batteries.
Sound: Very good. There's a Snd button to change the sound, but the quality is better when you leave it the way it is.
Wireless: Nothing special. It has a short range, but that's no problem. It's made for xbox. I'm never more than a couple of meters away from my screen anyways. Sometimes there's a little hiss. Probably interference with other wireless devices. But it doesn't happen too often and it's very subtle. You notice it, but it doesn't hurt your ears.
Setup: Plug and play. Very easy. Two cables from your xbox to the wireless transmitter and one cable from your conttroller to your headset. (You don't even need this cable for pc)
Mic: Nothing special either. My friends never complain about my voice quality.
Battery life: 20 hours, as promissed on the box. I use cheap batteries, still 20 hours.

Extra: There are a 5 buttons on the right earcup. Volume up, volume down, on/off, Snd and Livemix. The headset also notifies you when your batteries are running low, so you don't have to worry about that. After it notifies you, you have +/- 1 hour before the headset actually shuts down.

So far I've bought a Steelseries 4XB, 5XB, 7XB, Turtle beach X12 and a Tritton kunai. All three Steelseries headsets were way better than Turtle beach X12 (not comfy, traded in for this Steelseries 7XB) and Tritton kunai (sound is dissapointing, but I use it when I go jogging).

1.0 out of 5 stars 7XB failed after 1 year., 19 Nov. 2014
Bought 7XB headset 1 year ago for £40-50 from Amazon. Talk back cable and its little controller have just failed, and have found it impossible to get a replacement part on the internet which means the whole 7XB unit is useless to me. Steel Series have chosen to not disclose their phone number or address (why?) and the email they give for 'customer service' is unobtainable. 100% unsatisfactory; looks like a 'selling goods off the back of a lorry outfit !'. Another example of shoddy Chinese made electronic goods.

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating Experience, 26 Jan. 2015
I was given this headset as a Christmas present to use with my Xbox 360 offline. I used it happily for about a week thoroughly enjoying the new experience of more immersive gaming. However it then stuttered and failed. At first I thought it was the batteries, but new ones made no difference, it wasn't pairing to the transmitter anymore. I tried the company procedures but no it seems to be no longer able to pair. I registered a complaint on the company's web-site but found them unhelpful. Their web-site is highly automated for dealing with complaints which makes you think they must get them in some volumes. I found their web-site tricky to use, at first I couldn't attach a photo of my receipt. Then I managed this but found they had shut my complaint. I left a message telling them if they did nothing I would tackle it through Amazon instead and write this review. My message was ignored. I'm sending my headphones back to Amazon for replacements.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class, 24 Sept. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Having previously had a pair of wireless Turtlebeach 41s which i sent back because they were faulty, I opted for these and have been very impressed with the build quality, sound, and the mixed in game chat and game sound - works well with rechargable batteries, exceptionally easy to set up, good quality chat lead to controller with excellent plug for firm fit - very comfy, can play in them all day and have no problem. One of the best things I've ever purchased and that's saying something. Really adds to my whole Xbox gaming experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but 1 downside sadly., 19 May 2014
I received these today and tried them out. I'm amazed at the build quality and the overall sound quality of the headset.
The reason why im giving it 4 stars is because i thought the microphone supports the PC, aswell. Clearly not.
Hopefully, tapping into the xbox mic cable with a simple converter might do the trick. If so, i'll change the rating and maybe a write a guide on how to achieve this.

Nice product, little sad about the microphone..

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid sound quality and durability, 10 July 2014
This headset performs way better than I've expected. There's some pros and cons to this headset that I decided to list them out to provide some useful personal opinions to anyone who is interested in this headset.
Pros-
Nice battery life
Amazing sound quality
Earcups really blocks out environment noises as they said
Light weight
No interference by other wireless devices
Audio mix and SND really enhance gaming experience (hear footsteps clearer)

Cons-
Hold too firmly to my head (uncomfortable because I'm wearing glasses)
No mic monitoring (as it is important to hear what you are saying to the mic)
The connection range is only about 9 feet
No surround sound only stereo sound
Mic cable too short (but it's fine as it still catch what you're saying)

Overall, it is a decent headset I've bought so far and I will consider steelseries's product before attempting to buy mouse or keyboard for my computer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but....., 22 April 2013
Without the connection to the xbox controller attached these headphones are the best wireless set I have tried yet.

With the controller added there is a constant hiss

Overall 3 stars for the hiss and would give 4/5 if I did not intend to use them for gaming chat

4.0 out of 5 stars This headset isn't the best I've had but they are most certaintly not the ..., 4 Aug. 2014
This headset isn't the best I've had but they are most certaintly not the worst. I've used Astro, Turtle Beach, Skullcandy & these so far.

Every now & then you will hear crackling sounds which doesn't effect gameplay to much.

The distance you can get from the headset to transmitter isn't the best but aslong as you don't go walking around your house you should be fine.

These are one of the most comfy headsets I've used for gaming & watching movies.

Comfort: 10/10
Sound: 7/10
Style: 8/10
Price: 9/10

Overall a very good headset if you haven't got a lot of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headset!, 29 Mar. 2013
Great product -first class sound quality, headphones are comfortable to wear and steelseries' after sale service is excellent. Would highly recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Steelseries Spectrum 7XB Wireless Headset (Xbox 360)