on 27 May 2011
This is my fourth set of these cartridges from First Call inks. I can see no difference in print quality between the original Canon cartridges that came with my printer. They installed easily with no problems whatsoever. I am absolutely thrilled to find compatible inks with such fantastic print quality. I tried a compatible ink once before with a different printer and the quality was terrible and so went back to the originals. Therefore I was a bit sceptical about trying these. I do a lot of colour printing and my hobby of making greeting cards from C.D. roms would not have been cost effective at the price of original inks. Super fast delivery.

Don't hesitate, I am sure you will not be disappointed.
22 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 September 2012
I have a Canon MG5150 and was beginning to become a little disheartened with the cost of genuine replacement ink so decided to take the plunge into the rather dubious world of compatible consumables. I say dubious not with any pointedness but rather from previous experience a few years ago when sourcing Epsom compatibles which was not pretty!

These cartridges are as good as if not better than the 'sold with machine' cartridges. They are delivered in a timely manner,in nice flat packaging - so it will fit through your letter box avoiding trips to the sorting office for starters. They are odourless, easily on a par with the original inks with regard to photo reproduction as well as general printing and longevity. I really can not praise these cartridges enough and shall without hesitation be recommending them to my colleagues!

Well done First Call Inks! A+++++++
on 17 September 2012
I have used about 6 complete sets of inks from First Call via Amazon in the last 12 months without any issues. I did not notice any difference from the original supplied ink when prinitng either documents or high res photos on photo papaer. The inks are very full and the printer warns that it maybe out of ink long before it actually is so I ignore the warning. Delivery is fast and packaging is neat.
on 15 May 2011
I thought i had a problem with the black but found out it was not being recognized as one of my colours was out of ink.
When i replaced the yellow the black then worked.
Fabulous colours on photos.Will definitely buy again.
on 18 June 2012
Seems risky buying compatible rather than original, but this is my second pack from First Call Inks and I'll be buying again. I print onto acetate as well as glossy and matt photographic papers and these plus regular printing are all fine.
There's no problem installing the cartridges either.
on 14 July 2012
I was slightly sceptical when I ordered this product whether it would be compatible with my Canon printer and whether the quality would be as good as a Canon product. However it exceeded all my expectations. It's excellent and a lot cheaper than buying Canon colour printer cartridges. The only noticable flaw was a couple of drops of black on the first print run after installation. Other than that nothing. Very good.
on 10 June 2011
This was the first time I had used this company and was delighted with their service. the inks were exactly as expected and work beautifully. I shan't hesitate to use them again. Highly recommended.
on 17 March 2012
I have two Canon ink jet printers and as every reader will know, they are cheap to buy but expensive to run, when using Canon cartridges.
I use my ink jet printer for general printing, documents emails etc, not photographs. What I need is reliablity i.e. when the printer stops because a cartridge is empty I want to replace the cartidge and continue printing; when I run out of cartridges I need new cartridges quickly, I usually forget to order until I run out of a colour.

In the past, I purched the cheapest cartridges I could find, only to find they are not cheap because the jets block.

I have ordered compatible cartridges from First Call Inks several times, I use about four sets a year and I have had no problems with their cartridges. Every order has arrived the next day. I have spoken to First Call Inks when I thought that the large black ink cartidges were missing from the order. The phone was answered instantly and the person on the other end explained that the large black cartridges are now in the box with the small colour ones, he was correct, Oops.

In summary: The product is reliable, delivery is prompt and customer service excellent.

If you have any questions about the product, phone First Call Inks, I'm sure you will find them helpful, courteous and a pleasure to do business with.
on 10 December 2012
Great alot cheaper than the 'real ones'.
I did get a little worried as after I installed them printer kept on saying ink error, however I removed them all and gave the little chip a gentle wipe, put them back in and have worked fine since
on 8 February 2012
Having used two of First Call 5 inks packs in my Canon Pixma following the expiry of the original Canon ink I was pleased to see the availability of these cartridges in a larger pack of 10. I had found that the Pixma was extremely good at printing photos (We had taken 500+ photos on our narrow boat holiday last year)as reports would suggest. I have found no discernible difference between the original and First Call Inks in either photo printing or more general document printing, except to my wallet.
As these inks are almost the same price for a set of 5 as for one original cartridge there really is no contest. Despite the quick delivery time from ordering on Amazon I like to keep a set in hand as the Pixma shuts down when any one cartridge is empty. Recommended