5.0 out of 5 stars Good - I can't tell between wired or wireless sound quality.
Bought this based on price and its good reviews.

It's small, and i like it.

I am a recording engineer of a good few years and have always associated 'wireless audio' and 'bluetooth' with horrific crap sounding mush that you shouldn't waste your time on.

Published 23 months ago by bk

3.0 out of 5 stars It works well but battery life is the issue.
I've had this for a number of months now and have used it a fair few times and it does work and the sound seems pretty good. So why only 3 stars?

Published 6 months ago by Reviewer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good - I can't tell between wired or wireless sound quality., 27 Aug 2012
This review is from: 7dayshop Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Audio Receiver - BLUETOOTH ENABLE YOUR HI-FI, SPEAKER DOCK OR CAR STEREO! (Electronics)
Bought this based on price and its good reviews.

It's small, and i like it.

however, having done some simple tests (using a nexus 7 i might add) with a wired connection and then switching to this bluetooth wireless receiver, i couldn't reliably tell the difference between tracks i had personally recorded mixed and mastered.

i also went a bit further and placed a 24bit 48k pink noise .wav file on my N7 and played it and recorded the sound into my laptop with decent quality soundcard attached.

i recorded once through the wired headphone out, then again over bluetooth.

comparing these two 'pink noise' sounds (thats all freqs playing together, sounds nasty but good for testing) and boosting certain freqs with EQ, etc. i couldn't spot any differences. i expected some graviliness up top for example, but not really.

maybe just maybe a tiny bit of roughness around 10k if your volume levels from sending device aren't set up right. i doubt that is reliable to be honest, its so marginal.

this test doesn't check noise-floor, but its minimal to barely noticably unless your hifi is set to crazy loud. not a worry.

from googling the quality is ~ 320-350kbps over A2DP, which effectively is nigh-on CD quality less a few frequencies only 17yr olds and below can hear well..

so don't worry about it, basically!

using this with a nice tablet to select tunes and do other things is total musical jukeboxy freedom.

remember most of the 'i can hear the difference' stuff your expert chums might say is mostly perception/expectation bias, test it properly and most folk won't know imo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item., 1 Dec 2013
I wanted a bluetooth adapter for my Bose Wave system so I could stream music from my phone. Bose are charging an eye watering 129 for one. This is a great alternative. Easy to pair and no break up of sound in the same room. Would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete wireless music freedom, 22 April 2011
This tiny device lets you play music from an iPhone/iPod or a bluetooth-enabled laptop to a stereo, active speakers, or anything that has an 'AUX IN' connector.

It pairs straight away with both my iPhone and laptop, and lets me play and control music from wherever I want to be. I've just used it to play my music from my IPhone over my camper-van audio system while on holiday for a week, and it worked flawelessly. It was liberating to be able to move about inside and outside the van and be able to skip tracks and change what was playing.

Charging: a One-hour charge with the supplied USB lead lasted for ages - I played music for an hour or so a day for six days.
Sound Quality: Awesome
Build Quality: Very good.
Ergonomics: It's very small and quite fiddly to press the pair/power button, but you don't do this often, so no big problem.
Range: I used it within a 10 metre range with no problems.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works well but battery life is the issue., 15 Jan 2014

Well, it's the battery life, the description states up-to 12 hours, I can't believe this for a second, my maximum has been 2 hours at most and that's the very reason for the 3 stars because you can't charge and use it at the same time so essentially it's now become redundant in my car and I'll need to look for another option.

If you can be sure you'll only need short bursts of music and will have it constantly charged up then I would give this a go but for me I need an option that will allow me to charge it via my car cigarette lighter and still be able to use the device as well, if it did this it would be absolutely perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dogs, 22 July 2013
Mark Loane (Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
Just works, quick simple no hassle, putting one in the car and another on some outside speakers. very useful device.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good sound but won't re-pair and tricky to turn on, 20 July 2013
Sounds good but can't get it to automatically re-pair on my iphone 4s. Also when connected to usb car charger it doesn't start when the engine is turned on, then it is difficult to turn on as you have to hold own the small tricky on button for 4 seconds. This is especially difficult when it has to be located by the aux input which in my case is at the back of the glove compartment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, easy to use., 29 May 2013
I'm using this in my Van at the aux plug in. The best bit is the sound, this really amps it up. The only negative it does not pick up other devices easily but perfect for the iPhone 5. You obviously have to remember to charge it but the charge lasts for a really long time. Overall great value and delivered fast.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good but flimsy, 15 Jan 2013
If you're looking for something to plug in to your hifi and forget about then bingo - you've found a really great way to stream sound from a bluetooth device. Quality is absolutely fine - I'm not an audiophile and neither are 99% of music listeners so let's not get hung up on perfection. It's easy to connect and, once connected continues to pick up my iphone / ipad so long as the device is charged. The reason I've not given it a five star review is simply that the wire connecting the jack plug to the device is very, very delicate. I bought the device to go with a set of travel speakers and have concerns about slinging this little thing around. If you're looking to buy this for the car / travel etc I'd maybe recommend spending an extra tenner and buying a slightly more robust alternative. Ditto if you expect it to be stuffed down the back of the stereo in a place where you might need to be less than delicate when it comes to pulling the plug out (or buy an extension cable). If you're going to be using it at home in an easily accessible place to plug in and out between charges then fill your boots - it'll be just what you're after.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the trick very well indeed!, 4 Jan 2013
Yes I was after a device that would add connectivity from a PC to a monitor and its built in speakers. I was dubious at first on this device but I am pleased to say it exceeded expectations.

I couldn't get it to work at first but then I RTFM and the trick is to switch it on and hold the on button till it flashes red and blue then you can pair away.

Audio quality was perfect as in I couldn't tell the difference between wired and this. It also surprises with how small it is. Very easy to tuck away.

One fun aspect was suddenly realising all the legacy devices you could then audio streaming enable as long as they had a input socket! Hi-fi, radios, Car stereos for your smartphone.....

So impressed I'm maybe going to buy another one so I can stream Spotify from my PC to the old Stereo Hi-fi that doesn't get used as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job Perfectly, 20 Jun 2013
Packaging and delivery were very good.

The product is amazing. It doesnt need to charge very long and lasts ages, meaning i will only need to charge it every once in four days if I use it around 3 hours a day.

Set up was painless and very fast with a macbook. Audio quality is fantastic

If you want to make your speakers wireless, don't hesitate to buy this product.