5.0 out of 5 stars works perfectly on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
was little skeptic when I bought this as product description did not mention it was compatible with Galaxy S3. However, I took risk and rewarded with a perfect working USB OTG. Very much satisfied with this product. I've tried with USB disk as well as mouse and both works.
Published 23 months ago by Ramesh

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose.
Looked like a well made cable. However, the mini usb connector was a very loose fit and would not hold the connection. I had to hold the connector in position at a particular angle to make a connection. So pretty well useless, chucked it in the bin.
Published 14 months ago by A WATSON

5.0 out of 5 stars works perfectly on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, 24 Aug 2012
This review is from: Digital Additions® USB Host Cable For Sony Tablet S and Archos Internet Tablet 70 43 32 2 7 (Personal Computers)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose., 9 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm with Nexus 7, 20 Nov 2012
If anyone are having doubts about the Nexus 7 compatibility of this product, I can assure you that it works very well. I definitely recommend this product for the Nexus 7.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS GREAT!, 13 May 2011
This works with the Samsung Galaxy S2, if you want to attach a usb stick or external hard drive to the phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars works well, subject to the limitations imposed by the tablet, 10 Oct 2011
Nigel (East Anglia, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I assume this works well for the listed devices; it seems well made and is small enough to carry around with the power leads. However, I bought this for use with the Archos 501840 Gen9 8 inch Tablet (RAM 512MB, Memory 8GB, Android 3.2) - upgradeable to Android 4.0 / Ice Cream Sandwich; while it plugs in OK, and works with mice and keyboards even through a powered hub, I have had problems with some SD card readers - and the G9 does not deliver enough oomph through this port for USB-powered hard drives. (only 100mA, not the more normal 500mA.) So the cable works as well as it could - but remember to experiment in advance to see if it allows you favourite device to work with your tablet, to avoid surprises when away from home!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for the Nexus 7, 18 Sep 2012
Despite what others have said this does indeed work for the Nexus 7, you don't have to root your device to make it work all you need is to purchase the Nexus Media Importer app from the play store and it will work. So far I have used the cable to view photo's, watch video and listen to music through my Nexus 7 without any problems at all. The cable is superb value for money and I would highly recommend it, I do wish people would get their facts right before claiming it doesn't work it only takes a quick search on the internet to find out about these things.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never turned up, 29 Sep 2013
Item never arrived. It`s not worth pursuing over 80p, but a lesson learned nonetheless. Pay the extra for a UK seller.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the Nexus 7!, 4 Aug 2012
R. Bull (Wales) - See all my reviews
I bought this hoping that it would work with my Nexus 7 tablet....it doesn't! That's OK as it was a gamble purchase anyhow.

However, if you're looking for an OTG (On The Go) cable for your Nexus 7 so that you can use it with the Stickmount App, use the following item available via Amazon: Afunta(tm) USB 2.0 A Female to Micro B Male Adapter Cable (Micro USB Host Mode OTG Cable) - Xoom, Galaxy S2, Acer Iconia A510, Toshiba TG01 Excite AT305, Archos G9 & more.

3.0 out of 5 stars mismatch between keyboard connector & host cable, 30 Jan 2012
I bought one of these for my Archos70 but is did not work so I returned it for a refund. I then bought another one from a non-Amazon supplier. Again it did not work but this time I tried a few experiments:

The cable works with a mouse and with a usb stick with some music on it but not with the keyboard.
The keyboard works fine with a netbook & laptop but not on the Archos 70
The Archos 70 works fine with another keyboard.

Google the problem and you will find that this is quite common (no matter where you buy the host cable and/or keyboard)

I am not sure quite what made me think of it but I remembered that I have a male to female usb connector and also a 4way usb hub so I found them and tried them in between the keyboard & the host cable. The male to female did not work although all of the keyboard lights flashed briefly but the 4way usb hub does work, so now I can use the keyboard.

So the problem seems to be some mismatch between the keyboard connector and the host cable

I hope this may help other people although I guess it could be a bit hit & miss finding a usb connector that works

If it was not for the problem with the Archos/keyboard I would have given 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars works on an Motorola moto g, 6 Dec 2013
Bought this for my moto g
works like a charm on my phone Nothing much else to say about it