4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad
Published on 15 Jun. 2011 by HDorBust

3.0 out of 5 stars Great value. The tightening wheel in the foot can ...
Great value. The tightening wheel in the foot can be tricky. Due to size and weight (with batteries) the light needs to be attached firmly, but using the tightening wheel is tricky. Once it's tight enough, it's very hard to loosen as the material seems a bit soft and might break.
Published 2 months ago by Daddy

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 15 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Neewer® CN 160 LED CN-160 160PCS Dimmable Ultra High Power Panel Digital Camera / Camcorder Video Light, LED Light for Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Panasonic,SONY, Samsung and Olympus Digital SLR Cameras (Electronics)
I threw the dice on this one...The light arrived quickly, I put in a knock-off L-ion battery and presto. It threw more light than I thought it was going to so needless to say I have just ordered another one. A little akward on top of the camera but get some cheap hot shoe adaptors and use it on a light stand no problem. A little flimsy but a good buy if you want a cheap and chearfull battery operated light for run and gun filming

4.0 out of 5 stars Let there be light....., 17 April 2012
After reading other reviews I thought I would give these lights a try....and I am glad I did!! :-)

The lights are well built and I don't find them "cheap" as some people have said. Yes they are made from plastic, but the plastic is not a thin plastic and by looking at them I would say they could take a few knocks.

The light is impressive and is just right for a camera. They are a little bit big because they are LED lights, but we use them on rigs with much bigger cameras so there is no balance issues.

The only problem (and I use the term lightly) was that when they came the packaging was not adequate... well actually there was NO padding at all... and unfortunately this meant that one of the boxes was slightly crushed on one side.
When I opened the box thankfully the lighting unit was not damaged, but 2 of the filters were cracked.

This is a minor thing, and I did not bother asking for replacements as I had ordered two lights and had another set of filters anyway.... but adding padding is something that the seller should consider.

However, after saying that, these lights are really perfect for tons of jobs, and provided you don't mishandle them, they should last years.

For the price you cant beat them..... so go buy some if you need good, bright lights!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic lights but stands need an adaptor, 20 Feb. 2015
These lights are great - amazingly bright and pretty solid for the weight. There's a good range of brightness on the dimmer and a nice solid on/off click at the end of the dial. They have a combined hot-shoe and 1/4" thread mount for on-camera or tripod use.

The stands are light and well-made. They won't hold a huge amount of weight, but nor do they need to.

My only problem is that the stands DO NOT have the 1/4" thread shown in the photos - just a flat-topped 5/8" spigot - and so CANNOT be used without an adaptor/tripod head. The lights alone are worth the money, and I'll put the stands to use eventually, but it's a little disappointing that they can't be used together out of the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money LED's, 11 Jan. 2014
J. Carroll "John" (UK) - See all my reviews
I'm a pro photographer and have 4 of these. They are just as good as the far more expensive ones, in fact it's amazing what you can do with a couple of these on light stands. Excellent value for money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price., 1 Feb. 2014
N. Anderson (UK) - See all my reviews
Pretty bright and useful for video but quite a lot for your hotshoe to handle. Would recommend a separate bracket. Fairly good battery life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money! But your batteries are exposed.., 5 Dec. 2014
After a lot of research and looking at far more expensive options I settled on this video light for a small filming project I have as the reviews were good. It comes packaged nicely with a couple of filters one of which was on the light in the box. It takes x6 AA batteries or has a battery adapter for another kind mentioned in the description.

I have to say i haven't given it 5 stars only due to the fact that although there is a plate holding in the batteries so they wont come out, they are exposed to the elements. Please provide an optional cover for AA battery users for the next model NEEWER! its not practical in that sense for outdoor filming in poor weather. That said nothing that some plastic and gaffers tape wont fix!

I was blown away with the amount of light this kicks out, the dimmer switch goes from faint light to something that will blow out all highlights! Fantastic value for money and just what I needed to use with my DSLR.

5.0 out of 5 stars Update! Purchase Has Arrived..., 18 April 2014
After posting a question about this device previously, I decided to take the plunge and buy. And I was glad I did, as I am delighted with it, so far.
It arrived after 4 or 5 days and was well packaged, with everything described contained inside, including basic instructions.
I found the light on assembly very light, which meant I wouldn't need heavy duty tripods.
I inserted some basic AA rechargeable batteries - 6 in all - and turned the dimmer on to maximum, and was astonished to see the power of illumination! It was blinding, and as a rough guide, it could easily light up a small living room!
However, I was expecting the brightness to diminish after 20 minutes or so, but 1 1/2 hours passed, and I couldn't believe it was still going strong!
Even on reaching 2 1/2 hours, it still shone brightly, sitting proudly on top of my tripod. I never used a lux meter for accuracy but it appeared as bright, to the naked eye at least. Very impressive indeed!
This product is well worth the money as it is well made, and although it won't put up with lots of abuse, out in the field for example, it should give any budding Steven Spielberg many hours of satisfation.
An excellent key light, so much so, I am purchasing another two, so I can adequately light pieces to camera or any scene that may need some additional lighting, out in the field, as I will be making documentaries.
For convenience I will be using Li-ion batteries in each light, because I would otherwise need 16 AA batteries for 3 lights! So whilst Li-ions are expensive initially, it is the sensible way to go, as I don't relish having to change so many AA's in my 3 lights, for by having to carry them around with me!
The 'gels' that come with this product are of a sturdy plastic construction too, and slip snugly to the body of the light, and will last years - I just hope the light will, ha!
I am off to experiment now, but it goes without saying, I am thrilled and can recommend the CN 160 LED light to any iPhone/Android/camcorder/ DSLR hobbyist.
(Message to seller: After such a positive review from my self, I look forward to receiving two free lights promptly. Cheers! - Well, I can only try, lol!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 6 July 2012
R. Slee (UK) - See all my reviews
This is fantastic value. A bright light with dimmer that uses a variety of battery options. Lightweight and it has filters! Saved my day today!

4.0 out of 5 stars CN-160 LED Lighting, 4 Mar. 2012
I bought one of these as I am liking LED lighting more and more for their durability, long life and cool running temperatures. As soon as this arrived, I saw its potential and ordered another one straight away. The light at full power is incredibly bright and the dimmer switch is a great feature. One light at full power is enough to light up our average sized garden at night.

I have so far used these lights for both stills photography and videography and they work very well. To get a pure white background for video work, it can be tricky but in my office, for quick intro video clips, I have the following:

A white sheet on the wall, 4 builders' halogen lamps (£7 each) with strong clamps attached to a couple of stands which illuminate the background, and the CN-160's to light me and it works perfectly. Of course, you need to adjust camera settings but as a quick, home office set up, these LED lights work brilliantly.

For the money, they are a handy piece of kit to have around whether you shoot video or stills...

The only reason I gave these a 4 is for the fact that the construction is a little "cheap" but then again, so are the lights so this is a 5 star product in a 4 star housing!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great value. The tightening wheel in the foot can ..., 1 Mar. 2015