4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad
Published on 15 Jun 2011 by HDorBust

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bright light
Works well and is reliable but is fairly cheap build and totally rinses battery, luckily you can attach camera batteries for recharge/longer life.
Published 11 months ago by Isaac

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 15 Jun 2011
This review is from: CN 160 LED CN-160 Dimmable Ultra High Power Panel Digital Camera / Camcorder Video Light, LED Light for Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Panasonic,SONY, Samsung and Olympus Digital SLR Cameras (Electronics)
I threw the dice on this one...The light arrived quickly, I put in a knock-off L-ion battery and presto. It threw more light than I thought it was going to so needless to say I have just ordered another one. A little akward on top of the camera but get some cheap hot shoe adaptors and use it on a light stand no problem. A little flimsy but a good buy if you want a cheap and chearfull battery operated light for run and gun filming

4.0 out of 5 stars Let there be light....., 17 April 2012
After reading other reviews I thought I would give these lights a try....and I am glad I did!! :-)

The lights are well built and I don't find them "cheap" as some people have said. Yes they are made from plastic, but the plastic is not a thin plastic and by looking at them I would say they could take a few knocks.

The light is impressive and is just right for a camera. They are a little bit big because they are LED lights, but we use them on rigs with much bigger cameras so there is no balance issues.

The only problem (and I use the term lightly) was that when they came the packaging was not adequate... well actually there was NO padding at all... and unfortunately this meant that one of the boxes was slightly crushed on one side.
When I opened the box thankfully the lighting unit was not damaged, but 2 of the filters were cracked.

This is a minor thing, and I did not bother asking for replacements as I had ordered two lights and had another set of filters anyway.... but adding padding is something that the seller should consider.

However, after saying that, these lights are really perfect for tons of jobs, and provided you don't mishandle them, they should last years.

For the price you cant beat them..... so go buy some if you need good, bright lights!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bright light, 1 Oct 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 27 Mar 2013
these lite weight lights are great if your flash isn't doing the job,or you don't want to spend all that money on proper lights. it's cheap and is built cheap, but i've had no problems and it kicks out an amazing amount of light for what it is... batteries last longer than i thought too...

4.0 out of 5 stars CN-160 LED Lighting, 4 Mar 2012
I bought one of these as I am liking LED lighting more and more for their durability, long life and cool running temperatures. As soon as this arrived, I saw its potential and ordered another one straight away. The light at full power is incredibly bright and the dimmer switch is a great feature. One light at full power is enough to light up our average sized garden at night.

I have so far used these lights for both stills photography and videography and they work very well. To get a pure white background for video work, it can be tricky but in my office, for quick intro video clips, I have the following:

A white sheet on the wall, 4 builders' halogen lamps (£7 each) with strong clamps attached to a couple of stands which illuminate the background, and the CN-160's to light me and it works perfectly. Of course, you need to adjust camera settings but as a quick, home office set up, these LED lights work brilliantly.

For the money, they are a handy piece of kit to have around whether you shoot video or stills...

The only reason I gave these a 4 is for the fact that the construction is a little "cheap" but then again, so are the lights so this is a 5 star product in a 4 star housing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple yet effective, 3 Mar 2014
Before I ordered I checked some video reviews of this LED light. I didn't believe that you can get this quality of light for such small price.

After I received this item and tested it out, I was surprised how well it worked and I recommend it for anyone who doesn't want to invest hundreds in LED Lights.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 15 Aug 2013
It works fine and does what I needed it for. Handles several battery types, but it's basically one type that will be the main use for me.. Not super bright, but good for photo lightup situations(my use mostly). And yes, its not high quality plastic, but its value for money so hope it last many years for my use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 6 July 2012
R. Slee (UK) - See all my reviews
This is fantastic value. A bright light with dimmer that uses a variety of battery options. Lightweight and it has filters! Saved my day today!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price., 1 Feb 2014
N. Anderson (UK) - See all my reviews
Pretty bright and useful for video but quite a lot for your hotshoe to handle. Would recommend a separate bracket. Fairly good battery life.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 16 April 2014
For the money, pretty good. While it won't light up a room, it's great for removing shadows and softening up faces.