4.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to give it 5 stars!
After the long wait it's finally over!

This book carries straight on from the last and has everything you'd come to expect from the other books in the series. I found myself getting a little bored at times with the constant battle scenes and enjoyed it when the book broke away from them at times. However having said that I still found it really enjoyable and...
Published on 15 Nov 2011 by Natalie

2.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself time and read the plot summary on Wikipedia
Dreadful. As the fourth of a series, of course, nobody will be reading this who hasn't put the time and effort into the other three. And that's the reason most will plough on to the end. But it's hard work. Fact is, if they weren't so keen to rake in the cash, the editors would have seen that books three and four really only merited one novel, and would have forced...
Published on 27 Jan 2012 by Elferrara

‹ Previous | 135 36 37 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars happy no problems, 3 Dec 2011
Karl Watson - See all my reviews
got to me with all speed :} happy to use again + ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ ++

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect ending to the series, 2 Dec 2011
this is the last book in the long series called eragon. i have never in my life been waiting fore so long and hard fore ant book in my life. the final book explains tonns of things asked in the privius books and endes the series with a bang. i would read the entier series just to come to this book and feel the emotions and the mind beeing blown away. i would recomend this book to everyone at any age, as long as they like beeing blown away and like fantasy.

all in all i like it because its a good method of beeing better in reading english as well as to do somthing else than the normal and experience an exciting series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inheritance cycle - the end, 2 Dec 2011
Amazing... I cannot believe it is over... well worth waiting a few pages for the story to kick off. And the last few pages are simply amazing

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this book and series!!!, 26 Nov 2011
One of the best series of books I've read, Paolini creates such vivid characters and this final book was everything I was expecting and more! It does start off slowly, and I did begin to feel a bit fed up of the gory war details, but around 150 pages in the book really takes off. I was thrilled by the character development and storylines. The main crux of the series, the battle between Galbotorix and Eragon, didn't disappoint in the slightest. It was so clever, intricate and absorbing to read. The only reason I gave the book 4 stars and not 5 was because of the ending, I was sad enough that this brilliant series was coming to an end, but the way in which the book ends was sooo sad and not what I wanted at all. It also echoed too much of LOTR for me and I didn't feel that Eragon's story needed to end in such a sad way.

However I'm hoping that Paolini might come back and correct the ending with another book as there are so many unanswered questions in this book.

What I love most about the Inheritance books are the sense of uplifting and spiritual essence to them. The good vs evil story never gets old for me, but in these books the good vs bad struggle that we all have to fight within ourselves in our daily lives about how to be a better person is something that Paolini has wriiten with aplomb in Eragon's character. At least thats my take on it anyway. Thank you Paolini for a great series of books that I'll treasure. Just change the ending to be happpier!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow start but gets a lot better, 24 Nov 2011
Mrs. Lauren Gemmell "Lauren" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Inheritance: Book Four (The Inheritance cycle) (Kindle Edition)
I have to say I was thankful for the summary at the start of this book - it had been so long since I read book 3. As mentioned in other reviews I found the battle scenes too long and too frequent. I almost gave up more than once, but after the battles start to die down a little the story begins which I found to be enjoyable. I loved seeing the other side of characters like Roran.

As for the ending I thought it was good it finished the story off neatly and believably. All in all a good read and worth putting up with the slow start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book and a fitting end to the series!, 23 Nov 2011
I have been a fan of the "Eragon" series for a few years now and I will defiantly miss the excitement of "Whats coming next" as this is the last book. Although it makes me sad that it has come to an end I have to say I really enjoyed reading this book.

Just a quick word : Yes, the book doesn't end with an "epic romance" between Eragon and Arya although its obvious that there is a spark there. For people who wanted a "happily ever after" ending then yes you will be disappointed.

I read somewhere that CP has stated that this may not be the last time he visits AlagaŽsia and he has hinted that there might be a book about the fall of the riders. However in my opinion Inheritance still has a lot of loose ends and there might even be another book to tie up those loose ends!

Fingers crossed there is!

Fantastic book - 5/5!

5.0 out of 5 stars The ending the story deserved!!, 17 Nov 2011
This book is amazing and basically the ending that this series deserved. Every book i felt got more mature and this one is no exception however it will still appeal to the same audience as before. I say its more mature as there is a wider sense of helplessness and danger in this book than the others. My only problem with the book is that most of the major plot points of the book I could guess, not all but enough for me to probably have not finished the book knowing how it ended. Despite its predictability the story was still enjoyable to read and yesterday i found myself unable to put the book down because every time i did i couldn't take my mind off the book. These moments are still extremely touching no matter how prepared you are for them coming. I don't want to post any spoilers but this really is the end with no loose ends left. If you've followed the series this far then you have to buy this just to finish it but trust me when i say you won't be disappointed. And after all that ranting it's time to say farewell alagaesia :'(

4.0 out of 5 stars Could have been 5, 16 Nov 2011
A. Adamowski - See all my reviews
Waited for this for so long! I wouldn't say that my expectations were particularly high as I wasn't too happy with the third installment (second has, so far, been by far the best in my opinion), but I was still looking forward to it.

The story is wonderful, the writing is ok, the characters are interesting and engaging. I just found myself frustrated with all the FLUFF! that this book was packed with. I absolutely hate skimming, but I have to say, I skimmed a lot. I reached a peaks of frustration when it seemed like whole paragraphs of dicriptions regarding the thoughts and feelings of Eragon were just repeated. The detail is so percise, it leaves nothing to the imagination. Another thing I noticed, that I didn't really pick up on in the other three (I need to go back and re-read them), is that it's bogged down in analogy. 'as green as...' 'as beautiful as...' 'as shimmering as...'

Overall, obviously, I loved reading it just because the story is epic and I loved the series as a whole. It's just a little frustrating as a read on it's own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 30 July 2014
Good Ty

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, 27 Sep 2012
Why is the paperback book half the price of the kindle edition? The government need to eliminate VAT on eBooks and Amazon needs to get the prices of their ebooks down! If not, at least give a free ebook copy when you buy the actual book??

‹ Previous | 135 36 37 38 | Next ›

Inheritance: Book Four (The Inheritance cycle)