on 2 March 2012
I had one of these years ago and somehow lost it, they make boiling an egg as easy as well boiling an egg, they change colour as the egg cooks, if you want a soft boiled egg wait until the "SOFT" on the Egg Timer is black "when you use for the first time you will understand" and you get a soft egg, like wise the same for the medium and hard indicator, with a bit of use you will know when the egg is cooked as you like.

I forgot to mention the timer goes in the pan with the eggs and water, it doesn't matter if there's one egg or more in the pan they all cook perfic......

2nd update, on of the timers was damaged when it arrived, a quick e-mail and I was sent another within 3 days also a stamped addressed envelope so I could return the damaged one.........
on 13 September 2013
As i am someone who finds it hard to boil an egg perfectly, i invested in one of these. Brilliant took a few tries to perfect how my grandson likes his eggs, but they came out perfect, huge success, bought my daughter one too.
on 22 February 2014
i boil eggs every week and use this little piece of kit. eggs come out perfectly every time. I stop them when there's just a hint of pink left in the centre so egg yolks are still slightly soft in the inside. indispensable piece of kit and is so easy to use. brilliant.

Perfect Boiled Egg

7) Cool eggs at room temp
8) Mark them & put in fridge

enjoy!
on 18 April 2012
Re-inventing an egg timer is like re-inventing the wheel! This one really does work !
Simple and effective you can have your boiled eggs exactly how you like them.
on 20 April 2012
I really like the idea of placing the egg-timer in the water while the egg is boiling and watching the colour display to see how soft it is or whether it is fully boiled or not.

It hasn't gone wrong once so far! I also managed to cook my boyfriend the medium boiled eggs just the way he likes them, because I usually like mine boiled hard and I never knew the proper time for a medium one.

It's also a very fun gimmick to have around the house and it's surprising that it works so well.
on 4 March 2013
bought this for my husband as if he rubbish at boiling eggs and its working a treat! you pop the egg shaped device in with your eggs and it will slowly change colour from the outside in. once the colour change reaches the line you want i.e. soft, medium, hard then they are done. once the device is out of the water and cooled. you can store ready for next time. should have bought one sooner as they are perfect eggs every time!!
on 2 July 2012
I had another version of this type of product that broke eventually hence the replacement version, not as good. I had the eggs at room temperature so that wasn't the problem, but have used this twice now and hard boiled eggs are still a little soft in the middle, so not anywhere near as good as my older model which was billiant. Would not buy again.
on 4 December 2013
Perfect eggs every time, just love this small handy egg timer. I have tried clocks and buzzers to get a nice egg, which is still soft in the middle. I normally time it wrong, this is so easy, just pop it in with the eggs and watch the red disappear to the line of choice you want. Wish I had one years ago.
We suffered for years in our household with hit and miss egg timers or sheer guesswork with the result that often as not we were left with underdone or hard boiled eggs.

I was a bit sceptical about this device, but it really does deliver exactly what it promises and we get the eggs exactly how we like them every time.

We found that living in a hard water area, the timer acquired a film over the surface after a while which made it hard to read. However, this was easily removed by wetting it and then rubbing hard with a glass cloth.

One tip is to take the pan off the stove just before it reaches the chosen mark. Whilst you are fiddling around getting the toast and/or egg cups and/or tea ready the eggs continue to cook in the hot water and end up just right. Even if you take them out of the water they will be very hot and will continue to harden up until you eat them, so bear this in mind if you are not immediately going to tuck into breakfast.
on 26 June 2012
Very disappointed with this product - it does not work! When it says the eggs are hard boiled, they come out soft. When it says they are medium, they come out barely cooked. I have used the slightly more expensive (around £6) "Egg-Perfect" egg timer for years (available in John Lewis/Tescos) and always found it a brilliant product, and it worked a treat every time. Unfortunately I dropped and broke it, so I decided to buy this cheaper version to try out. It seems to me like a much inferior imitation which simply is not reliable. As all of the other reviews are so positive, perhaps I've just got a faulty one. In any case I've now thrown it away and have paid a couple more pounds for the original "Egg-Perfect" product which works perfectly and is well worth the extra couple of pounds.