Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£3.99

on 11 January 2013
Nazareth like old wine, year by year only better! "When Jesus..." just classical Naz song! Recommended for every Real Hard rock fans!
on 19 May 2012
Folks, I am not a "committed Nazareth enthusiast" who has everything they have ever recorded and then some. Not that there's anything wrong with that at all, but that's not my perspective. I remember them from the 70s when they had hit singles and got on Top Of The Pops, and I saw this, and saw they were still going, and thought I'd give it a try. With a band that's been going 40+ years that's a bit of a risk- many of them are shadows of their former selves, rerecording their glory days and struggling to write anything new.

WELL NOT THIS LOT.

This is an album of solid hard rock and some gentler numbers. Guitarist Jimmy Murrison (original guitarist Manny Charlton departed in 1990) does a fine job, as does bassist Pete Agnew's son Lee behind the drumkit, original drummer Darrell Sweet having died in 1999. Agnew provides the driving bass lines he always did. At 65, no less, Dan McCafferty still sounds like he gargles with road grit and eats hot coals for breakfast. There are some moving, reflective lyrics about the passage of time which suit a man no longer young.

Five stars are for truly exceptional and indispensable albums and this isn't, but it's good, very good, and the band should be proud of it. The fire still burns. Recommended.
on 4 June 2011
I am a big Nazareth fan - so you have to believe me when I say this is their best studio album since 'Malice...' 30 years ago! What we have with Big Dogz is one hell of a hard rockin blues CD. There's not duff track in sight but my personal fave tracks are the heavier songs 'Big Dogs...', 'Lifeboat' and 'The Toast'. Special mention has to go to the magnificent ballad 'Butterfly' - a showstopper for sure.
The whole band are on form but I will mention the standout performance from Dan McCafferty, unlike some other vocalists of a similar vintage, Dan's vocals are actually getting better in my opinion - he has gone from long-haired 70's rock star to a grizzled old blues singer (no offence - that's a compliment !)
on 12 November 2011
Nazareth have been around forever ( about 45 years )with Dan Cafferty's gravely voice still strong after all these years.There are several mean rockers on the new album noticeabley the title track Big Dogz and No mean Monsters.
The album has no weak tracks and even my grandson of 7 years old is mad about this album. So Nazareth must still be doing something magical since the 70's Razzamanazz and Love Hurts.
Highly recommended. Rock on.
George Fazakas
on 24 December 2011
Fine quality audio and video

I recommend everyone who enjoys a heavy sound

Otimo qualidade de audio e video
recomendo a todos que curtem um som pesado
on 19 October 2014
great c d very promptly delivered
on 18 April 2011
I think Nazareth have only released three consistenly strong albums: Razamanaz, Boogaloo and Big Dogz. (IMNSHO). Boogaloo is still my favourite but Big Dogz is excellent - the songs are strong, the musicianship cannot be faulted and the production is spot on. Dan's voice is the biz: confident, gritty and soulful. 'King A.
22 comments2 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 July 2014
excellent
on 27 April 2012
I have bought the last 3 Naz albums and this is the best of the three. The tracks are stronger and 3 good strong ones to be played live for year to come.
big dogz gonna howl, when jesus comes and radio excellent However the rest is ok...but ok is filler..so i would just skip tracks...worth listening to and still ok-good but not a classic.
on 6 September 2011
There are a few 'pet' bands that I've always liked when maybe not many/no friends like them. eg Uriah Heep, Wishbone Ash and Nazareth, to name three. I have always supported them and looked forward to adding their latest release to my collection. It was great 3 years ago to hear that both Heep and Naz were bringing out new cds after a 10 year gap. Both cds were good - yes - I quite like The Newz. Heep followed up theirs from 3 years ago with the new Into The Wild - fantastic rocking cd. Whitesnake too, 3 years on, and also Journey, 3 years on, so classic rock rocks on. So, I was hoping the new Naz one would be good. Sadly , I am finding it very dull...it doesn't rock much at all and Dan's voice is sadly not quite there. I would always defend these 'pet bands' and would rarely criticise them, but I have had real trouble enjoying this, much that I wanted to. I have played it several times and when I compare it to some GREAT cds they have done in recent times like Boogaloo, Move Me, and No Jive, this is fairly painful listening, I regret to say. I have had to decide that life is too short to give it more time, and with so many other old AND NEW cds from old bands still producing great stuff...I have to inform you that this is the first Naz cd that I have donated to Oxfam. Their worst since the also dull Play'n Th Game. Sorry.
0Comment2 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse