on 28 July 2011
Purchased this radio to use whilst working around a farm. Was worried about signal drop outs whilst doing manual work. No problems with signal. Quality of sounds is really excellent. Easy to use and headphones are comfortable. Does eat batteries though which is a trait of digital radios. It would be good if it had more settings to switch off the song name display and it could do with a key lock.

In summary very pleased.
on 5 September 2011
I own both units(the OXX Pocket and LOGIK version) and whilst there is no doubt they are from the same factory, and essentially the same unit , the LOGIK feels very flimsy with its button construction. The included JAYS a-JAYS One earphones with the OXX Digital version, really are the killer selling point for me as , they are a flat, tangle-free cable (changed my life!!) with a decent bass and they include 5 sizes of buds which suited me as the 2nd smallest worked well for my ears. The LOGIK comes with bog standard 50 pence earphones. Tough decision based on the price but as I wanted one for my farm and one for house in London, I bought one of each.... The OXX has won me over for reasons above, so the LOGIK will go to one of the kids and I will get another OXX. I am also going to look into the JAYS brand as i have read a review on the a-JAYS Four for iPhone which are flat , tangle free like the a-JAYS Ones but with iPhone compatibility.
on 3 March 2012
After looking for a handy pocket radio for some time, I spotted a glowing review about this tiny radio on a technology website and took the plunge.
I'm very glad I did so as it's excellent and does the job very well.
Outdoor reception is terrific and the sound is very clear (an added bonus is the excellent tangle-fee Jays earphones which are included in the price and which themselves get good reviews)
Indoor reception is not very good and in fact you need to do the scanning for stations outdoors to get best results. Also as the earphones act as the aerial you need to keep them dangling to optimise the reception (ie. you can't just stuff the excess cable length into your pocket !!)
Negatives are that there are only 4 pre-sets and the favourite station function is fiddly to use. Now I don't bother with the pre-sets - it's just as quick to flick through the stations.
Oxx is a Scandinavian manufacturer presently not well-known in the UK but apparently its reputation is growing, especially in Australia, and, judging from the quality of this pocket radio, it will soon be a name to reckon with across here too.
on 13 March 2012
I ordered the OXX DAB on Amazon following an unsuccessful purchase via M&S (and their not very helpful customer service line).

Basically, I'm astounded. The unit feel solid, is slightly smaller than I expected, and it found 45 DAB stations in my living room - more than my larger DAB unit.

The sound quality is excellent, the controls and display are extremely basic - which is perfect. What else do you need to do other than find stations, store them, flick through them, and change the volume?

The headphones are seriously good quality. The flat cable makes it impossible to tangle, and just feels like a quality item. I understand if you buy these on the market, they're not exactly cheap (so you feel you're getting even more of a bargain).

And it comes with 2 AAA batteries! (although I've ordered the Duracell recharger and a pack of AAA batteries as well).

I've not quite figured out how to get FM, but that's my fault as I've found everything else without looking at the instructions. And I have everything I need with DAB anyway.

One additional note. The letter which came from the supplier, thanking me for my order, felt very personal. I really wish this company luck (the letter mentioned they were trying to partner with M&S, which clearly they have succeeded in as I first saw the item on their website).
on 3 September 2011
Before buying check out the LOGIK pocket dab. The overall size and shape are identical, the button layout is identical, the screen size, shape, icons, icon and text layout are identical. The Logik pocket dab is available for only £25.

The Logik unit looks identical to the Oxx in every way. I can vouch for the superb sound quality.

It would seem the only difference is the supplied headphones and packaging. Worth a look.
on 18 April 2012
I ordered a Personal DAB to be able to listen to Planet Rock , without having to be reliant upon streaming through my iPhone. The reviews I had read all indicated an excellent device and service. I fully support this. On ordering the DAB I got a welcome email, was advised when the DAB would be delivered,to the hour, via a phone call. Received the DAB in perfect condition, easy to set up from enclosed booklet. Parcel contained welcome letter even suggesting that the DAB could be used in the car via the Aux input.
I have now used the device as I intended and I am very happy with it
I have used it in the car and on the whole, considering the Aux lead is used as the aerial, reception has been very good driving in the city. I have yet to try at 70mph on the motorway but even so if all else fails I can invest in a car windscreen aerial if needed.
on 14 February 2012
From recieving the product (excellent, very good sound and easy to use by the way!) EXACTLY when I was promised- at 11.16 am in an 11.15-12.15 window- to the curteous and friendly phone call informing me of the delivery- to the secure packaging, to the very, very highly recommended product, the OXX Pocket DAB Radio, this has been a great shopping experience, and I will be recommending this company to everyone I know!!
on 14 April 2012
I love this little radio. I had a pure pocket radio before which was heavy, more complicated to use and had poorer reception. The OXX is so simple and small (note though - it is half barrel shaped not flat) and the non - tangle headphones ready at a moment's notice. My mother is going into hospital for an operation soon, and having seen my little radio, she has asked me to order her one.
on 20 April 2012
I've just taken delivery of an OXX Pocket and it's just superb. So was the service - personal contact regarding delivery, which happened precisely as stated. I'd recommend this radio to anyone, it's knockout.
on 4 October 2012
i like this product, it is compact and the signal on the radio is pretty good... although i feel that it is over priced for what it is and the decision for them not to provide headphones is poor one at best as for the price it really should be rechargeable considering they wanted £50 for it, purchased this for walking to work so lets see how much of a small fortune will be spent on batteries

See one answered question