5.0 out of 5 stars Earth children pre-history series.
Published on 19 Feb 2012 by Judy

3.0 out of 5 stars will i finish!!
Bought the collection as i had read it years ago and wanted to revisit the epic. Had forgotten how long the some of the detailed passages were, tends to overkill the story lines, will finish the set but could not read again.
Published on 28 April 2011 by piper

5.0 out of 5 stars Earth children pre-history series., 19 Feb 2012
This review is from: Earth Children Collection 6 Books Set Pack (The Land of Printed Caves, The Clan of the Cave Bear, The Valley of Horses, The Mammoth Hunters, The Plains of Passage) (Earth Children Collection) (Paperback)
This is the best pre-history fiction based on fact I've ever read. As soon as you open the first book, you are engrossed with Ayla's life. I found it so hard to put down when I wanted to sleep. As soon as the next book came out I was at the bookstore to get it. I've read the series about four times since the original came out, and I will certainly read it again (I have short term memory loss due to a stroke, means I can read my favourite books time & time again !!) Absolutely brilliant research by the author Jean M. Auel. I can only give humble thanks for such an excellent series. Shame that its come to an end.........

3.0 out of 5 stars will i finish!!, 28 April 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 9 Jan 2012
L. Charlton (UK) - See all my reviews
Only on the first book but cant put it down, just whetted my appetite for the rest of the series. Story is well told, well reserched you feel as if you are sharing Ayla's hearth.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was very pleased to see this newly designed Earth Children Collection, 22 July 2014
I was very pleased to see this newly designed Earth Children Collection, consisting of 6 books. The covers are tasteful and consistent with the theme of the books and look great in my bookcase. I am looking forward to re-reading this amazing saga which provides such insight into how our ancestors lived so long ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jean Auel, 26 Jun 2014
A lovely, compact set of an intriguing story. Good value. Night after night of enjoyable bedtime reading and, even though much of the plot is 'made up', the characters in context become very real.