Platform: PlayStation3|Edition: Standard|Format: Box|Change
Price:£6.83+ £2.03 shipping

on 5 May 2012
I thought I'd enjoy this game as RPG's are my favourite genre and I enjoy sci-fi but I found this game disappointing. It feels too linear and there is very little interaction with the environment or NPC's. The gameplay isn't difficult but it is confusing when you first start and not very intuitive so it interfered with my enjoyment of the action. I gave it three stars over-all as the graphics are amazing. I'd rather be playing Dragon Age, to be honest.
on 30 January 2013
Mass effect is one of those games that makes videogames a great pastime. I implore anyone to try it! You will not regret it. Also a sci-if dream but you can choose to let the hokum pass you by!
on 5 April 2012
I have to say right now that playing Mass Effect 3 was hugely enjoyable and addictive and I think everyone should try it.

The game is a shining example of everything done right. Basically a continuation of Part 2, you see your character (Commander Shepherd) carry on fighting the Reapers who are now close to destroying the galaxy as we know it. All the familiar elements remain, it's basically a 3rd person, over-the-shoulder action game with lots of combat, exploration and tactical thinking. Interspersed with this is a lot of gear to purchase and customize, plus loads of NPCs to talk to, and even begin romance with.

The plot is pretty epic and the dramatic atmosphere just about keeps up with that. Rather than review this game in detail, I would instead just say that if you liked Mass Effect 2, then what are you waiting for? Play it...NOW! And keep your save - you can import the same character. And if you haven't played it first - that's the one you need to buy, followed by this one - there is no point in playing this without playing the other!

For me, once I loaded the game up and started it I was totally hooked. I devoured it like a hungry man in front of a slap-up meal. There's just so much to enjoy, awesome detailed graphics, multiple levels to play, hundreds of characters to interact with, many weapons and skills to try out, and of course those all important moral decisions to make, that change the flow of the game.

The acting in this game is the best I have come across. Playing with a female Shepard was (for me) hugely affected by the great vocal performance by Jennifer Hale who I can't thank enough for what she added to the experience. But it's all good.

I really have very few complaints. There are a few judders and slowdowns on the PS3 but I forgive them. There's been a lot of discussion about the ending, which I can understand - it's not what I expected either, and while the journey to get there is what made the game for me, it would have been nicer to see some acknowledgement for my work in the form of an extended ending as I worked hard to get every drop of support out of every mission and every conversation, but none of that really mattered in the finale. It was also missing the great (and very stressful) decision making prior to the final battle of ME2, where the people you chose to do certain tasks made a difference to the outcome...here it's just a mad dash with whoever were your favourite team members.

Anyway none of that changes my recommendation: this is a high pinnacle of achievement in gaming, and I have rarely played anything better. Whatever genres you enjoy, I urge you to give this a try.
on 19 March 2013
here is a exemple of a good buy for fans of gaming...great story ...excelente graphics....lots of hours of great gameplay with a great Lcd or plasma Hd you will be amazed....have fun
on 14 April 2012
Superb and committing. That would be the two best words to describe Mass Effect 3. It is emotional, it is deep, it is coherent, every little decision you made in the two previous games has an impact and that was what the fans were expecting.

The gameplay has slowly evolved more into a TPS and less into a RPG, but the action is so powerful (I believe three fights will stay for a looong time in my memories for being really powerful, with a unique atmosphere.) that, in my humble opinion, it doesn't really hurt the game, it only makes it better. Although it took me 3 hours to lose Mass Effect 2 habits (which was, for me, superior in the shooting department)

The soundtrack is not as memorable as Mass Effect 2, but it does its job just fine. However, the ambient sounds and the SFX are great, as always.

Overall, without being too long, I believe that 98% of M.E.3 were spot on and can be qualified as a work of art. The biggest disappointing are the ending (but it's going to be reworked!) and the fact that I would have loved more squad mates. Although, while I missed spending time with the M.E.2 vast (although you see all of them again) the relationships with the ones that are with you is so deep, emotional and well done that I can't really complain.

Bravo, Bioware.
on 11 July 2015
perfect
on 7 July 2012
As many have said, this is a great game let down by a rubbish ending. But good news as there is now a free dlc that deals with that
on 4 April 2012
I loved Mass Effect 2, days of role playing in a huge universe, with a true open world feeling. So I preordered this, anticipating even more fun.

Well.... No. Not really. No fun. No open world. Finished the game in mere 29 hours. Besides the fact, that nearly all of the cool old buddies die, the story is just crap. Worst ending ever. Just old school linear gaming, 95 percent of the game is a shooter, and unfortunately, it is one with very limited variety in weapons and adversaries. The other 5 percent are cheesy dialogues.

Through the whole game, I had the impression, that I actually bought only half of a game, the other half being missing due to a lack of time or funding on the producer's side.

Do not play this game, even if someone gives it to you for free. Its just annoying.
on 4 June 2012
An outstanding game which does the series justice! Great story which see's you unite the galaxy with some new & old faces. Perfect RPG game which I would strongly advise!
on 24 January 2015