5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Experience
Published 20 months ago by djneill

3.0 out of 5 stars Promised to be great, unfortinately did not deliver.
As a huge fan of the mass effect trilogy I was excited about playing the new edition, and to be entirely fair to Bioware, there is much in this game that delivers, however there is also much that lets it down, and shattered my enjoyment for the title.

The good: The gameplay is more fluid than the previous titles, and whilst keeping some of the more important...
Published on 18 Mar 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Experience, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
This game is incredible, end of. If you enjoyed the game-play of the previous games this one builds upon it very nicely not taking anything away but adding enough to make it feel fresh to someone who has played through both of the previous games many times. That's all well and good however what you are really playing this game for is the story and the total immersion into the mass effect universe that we have come to expect. There are moments in this game that rival any other moment in gaming history for the sheer power of the emotions that they elicit. This game isn't just a journey through an imaginary land to save the universe like every other rpg ever it is an experience that should be tried at least once by anyone who calls them self a gamer, this trilogy should go down as one of the greats in the history of the medium. There has been a lot of hype about the ending and how disappointing it is, and how disappointed i felt at the end of this game is a testament to how incredibly this universe has been crafted because i truly felt with each of the endings that i had truly sacrificed something and really lost out, I'm the sort of person who prefers a happily ever after ending but this genuinely was better because it was so well crafted and powerful which would have been completely lost if you could have saved everything without a scratch from the reapers. The story ruined me for other games it was so good i can no longer fully enjoy other games stories because not since i first played final fantasy VII have i cared so much about the characters and the overall outcome of this game. Along with the story you also get amazing graphics and the chance to see your painstakingly crafted femshep get it on with sexy blue aliens which can never be a bad thing. Also the multiplayer is perfectly integrated with the single player campaign so that you actually feel like you're achieving something when you play it, and i personally as someone who has got bored of most regular multiplayer modes finds it refreshing and pretty amazing as there is so much depth to explore with the variety of different characters and play styles you can adopt. In conclusion its incredible even if you ignore the ending you will still get so much more enjoyment out of it than almost any other game because it takes a long time to reach it, i feel like some people have got so focused on the ending they forgot the countless hours of incredible gaming they enjoyed before it.

5.0 out of 5 stars They should put a Warning label for this game as you will not put it down, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
This is the third series and if you have not played the last 2 absolutely and completely recommended that you do so. Very easy to use and simple to understand in progressing through the story line. Battle sequences are absolutely amazing.

A real life feel about the whole game and the Graphics are the best I have seen in any game I have played before. If you are an RPG fan don't miss playing this Title and the previous 2. only 1 down side to this 3rd installment is the planetary harvesting system has been removed which I had enjoyed in the second game in this series.

Shepeard is Awesome and I hope there will be more in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best fast paced shoot I have ever played, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
Its not just a great fast pace shooter, Its great roll play. Some people think the ending was a bit weak I thought it was good. Recommend to any fast pace shooter fans.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't pull myself away, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
This is an Amazing game and gives you a lot to do but it needs more to it because once you start playing you just want MORE and MORE and to get more you have to start the game again
But still I love this game and I recommend buying it

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the best ending but well worth playing, 25 Dec 2012
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
I started my Mass Effect adventure back on the Xbox. I loved the story from the first game, but I found the action a bit tedious at the start to play it a second time. The second game is my all time favourite game with a very involving and satisfying story, and the action was so much fun that I had no issue playing it multiple times. In fact when I moved from Xbox to PS3 I bought the second game for the PS3 as well.

Therefore, I was always going to buy this third instalment, even despite all the bad press regarding the ending. Although I did wait until Bioware has issued the free expansion before buying this.

Story wise, I found that it started very well and it was great to see some of characters from the previous games, the ending wasn't very satisfying but the free expansion does help a lot. However, I was disappointed in the very small role some of the characters from the previous games played. ***SPOILER ALERT: My main problem with the story is that the writer killed off some of my favourite characters. Towards the end it felt like every cameo character was only turning up to be killed.***

In terms of action, I found it even slightly better than the second game, so I really liked it and will have no problems playing it multiple times. Your character can now use any weapon, so you will never be without the fantastically fun sniper rifle (unless you want to minimise the weight which attracts penalty on power recharge time).

I tried the multi-player once, but it wasn't my cup of tea. Everything worked very well but I enjoyed mass effect for the story, and there's very little story in killing wave after wave of enemies, and you obviously can't use the power wheel to pause the action and assess your strategy. The good news is that you don't have to play the multi-player to fully enjoy the story and it is there if you want it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Drawer, 18 Dec 2012
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
Game arrived in great condition and all good, loved playing the game as i wasted amny hours of my life..brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Action/RPG game so far for me..., 22 Oct 2012
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
This game has everything, a great history, a good action.

I spent hours playing it. Multiplayer option is addictive and very nice driven.

I finished it, and I loved the final scene I come with.

Then I started again the game and for my surprise there're some places and things are not same as they were when I played first time; so game changes every time you play it. For example first time I played, Miranda was Death... now she is alive... and some other twist I did not recognized from my previous play...

Any way with multiple finals, and a very nice history (some people doesn't like any of the final scenes...) it's a good game for anyone that like combination of RPG/Action play...

Regards.

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, 21 July 2012
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
one of the best games i have played in a long time loved playing it and am currently on my 3rd playthrough

4.0 out of 5 stars review, 16 July 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
The game was okay, felt mass effect 2 story line was better, but overall a solid game. The multiplayer is medicore, as all you do is fight off waves of enemies with 3 other online players. I got the game for £20 pounds, which is an excellent price for a decent game.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb game, 4 July 2012
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
advice all the gamers who are looking for some adrenaline.the graphic is excellent too and the story is amazing like always.

Mass Effect 3 (PS3)
Mass Effect 3 (PS3) by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)