on 1 January 2012
I bought these books for my better half who sid. I use Alfreds books with all of my students, having changed to Alfreds 11 years ago. This book is as good as normal, although I bought the paperback in error. I prefer comb binded books as they lie better on the music stand.

For anyone wishing to learn to play piano this for me is the best system. I even use this series of books for my online students.
on 2 July 2012
I use this book to teach two 5 year old girls. They love the colourful illustrations. I find the theory pages really useful and I sometimes photocopy and laminate them for multiple use and practice. It progresses really well, making logical steps.

It is American so uses 'quarter note' rather than 'crotchet', but I haven't really found this to be a problem.

I did a LOT of research before choosing Alfred's course, and I haven't been disappointed so far. Will definitely continue to use this course in the future.
on 5 February 2014
the book is good for the beginner, especially good for the kid who are around 6-9 year ago. they can learn the paino step by step with the interesting song and picture. Highly recommended!!
on 19 August 2013
Being a piano teacher, I use a variety of beginner tutorial books. I would recommend this to parents wishing to start their very young children off at home. Can be used from ages 3-5.
on 12 December 2015
Good starting point with clear instructions and illustrations...my son progressed in a matter of weeks!
on 3 December 2015
Book as expected.
on 13 April 2015
All fine thanks.
on 27 February 2015
excellent.
on 3 January 2011
It was cheaper than I bought in the shop and I did not need to go all the way to the shop and search for it. Excellent!