4.0 out of 5 stars Not 100% waterproof, but close
Published on 13 May 2012 by D. J. Burton

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!!
Published 18 months ago by m p hopkins

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Not 100% waterproof, but close, 13 May 2012
D. J. Burton (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: BBB Waterflex Road BWS-03 Overshoes (Sports Apparel)
I'm a size 10 UK (44 EUR) shoe and with normal work shoes I bought the 45-46 size of BBB waterflex. This was a tight fit and you have to stretch the fabric fairly aggressively to get them over my shoes, but I would say it was the right choice. You may just be able to squeeze a small cycling shoe into a 44 size overshoe, but be wary. If you have big chunky trainers or walking boots then you'd be looking for at least 2 sizes bigger.

The fabric stretches neatly over a shoe, and there's a nice strong velcro strap underneath to keep them in place. The back zip is strong - a YKK manufacture so it should last a long time. I've had mine for 8 months now and they are showing no signs of wear. Note that I do not walk in them - just take them straight off after arriving at my destination.

The overshoes lose a star because after cycling to work in them (10 minutes in heavy rain) there was a spot of damp on the front of both of my socks about the size of a 10p piece - where the front seam is. Whilst this isn't the end of the world it does mean a damp start to the work day which isn't what I was expecting from an overshoe branded as fully waterproof. This is a flaw in the design and I believe the seams should not be at the front where the fabric flexes and most rain hits - it's probably the case here because you can have symmetrical fabric cut outs and make the overshoe cheaper to manufacture.

The material is fairly thin so there is minimal thermal insulation, but this wasn't a big deal for me - worth bearing in mind though.

Overall, a very lightweight, strong and versatile overshoe, but you might want to buy some waterproofing spray for the front seams if they leak.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!!, 8 Mar 2013
Under no circumstances should anyone buy these. I've worn these for 3-4 days a week for 3 weeks and they are falling apart. I even bought the biggest size to go over my size 11 trainers. The elastic around the bottom has come off both and the other day managed to wrap itself around the pedal so when I stopped I nearly fell into the car at the side of me when I took my foot off the pedal. That particular day it also rained for the first time since I started wearing them. It wasn't heavy rain, I'd say the equivalent to my 8 month old boy drooling on the overshoes for a couple of hours. I cycled for 30 mins. By the time I got to work my feet were soaking wet. These overshoes look good and are easy to put on (the only cons) but they are poorly made and are clearly no good in the wet.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I'm currently in the process of sending them back to claim a refund!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not waterproof!, 14 Feb 2013
Ms. J. Lees "Mrs H" (Leeds) - See all my reviews
I bought these for my husband who cycles to and from work. Although they fitted well, the first time he was caught in heavy rain whilst wearing these his feet were completely soaked through. Unfortunately, this only occured after the deadline for returns has passed. DO NOT purchase-they are absolutely unfit for purpose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Jan 2013
Brought these to keep my trainers dry on my ride to work each day, and not only do they do this they also keep my feet lovely and warm. They will eventually let water in at the top if its belting it down but I think that's more to do with my skinny ankles. Great Purchase!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for our weather, 6 Nov 2013
Had these a while so I know they are as described - Warm and dry (except when I did a 100k and it was ridiculously wet) so would recommend to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars great warm and dry, 28 Dec 2012
i cycle to work and my feet get cold and wet but these over shoe keep me dry and my feet warm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 Dec 2012
Just what i wanted - fit great and keep me dry and warm which is so important in the cold and wet weather

5.0 out of 5 stars I like them, 14 Nov 2013
They do what they say and keep my feet dry. THe size chart is accurate and I would recommend them as a purchase...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very waterproof, 5 Jun 2014
Pete (Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
Had to wear these on a wet ride recently and they kept my shoes completely dry. Not a lot of stretch with these but they fit my shoes perfectly a size 46.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly designed product, 24 May 2014
This review is from: BBB Waterflex Road BWS-03 Overshoes (Sports Apparel)
These are NOT waterproof. It doesn't take much rain to soak through the material in about five minutes. The appearance is nice and they fit well, but definitely not functional for repelling water.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›