5.0 out of 5 stars izzo swami gps system
For the money i paid this gadget does everything i require for a round of golf,easy to use,ive used it on 2 different courses at both ends of the country and it picked them up no trouble if i have 1 criticism my course has 3 different layouts we use and it takes a couple of minutes to get the right 1 selected but for the money this is a great addition to my golf equipment
Published on 27 Aug 2012 by carew

2.0 out of 5 stars not long term
took a long time to arrive,worked well and was good for a few weeks, yardage was good .then it froze about six weeks ago.tried all suggested metheds to unfreze to no availe its a shame as when it worked it was good,it lasted a year.was 80 now 60.wonderd if anybody else had same problem
Published 8 months ago by D Hill

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars izzo swami gps system, 27 Aug 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 26 Nov 2012
For a cheaper Golf GPS system this does the job brilliantly. I have only used it on my home course but it seems to be accurate on every hole.
Would recommend it if you just want to know front, centre and back distances to the green.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous value!, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Izzo Swami 3000 GPS Golf UK - Black, 4 Inch (Sports)
It's a fraction of the price of other golf GPS systems out there but works just as well.

Initial setup is not as straightforward as the manual states - the first time you try to locate the satellite, it sometimes takes a a few attempts so here is a quick boot-up method:

1 - Walk onto the first tee
2 - Turn on the Swami 3000
3 - Place it on the ground
4 - Step away from the Swami

For some reason it seems to pick up the satellite the first time when it is not moving and also when no one touching the unit, it will countdown and find the satellite. I was advised it might take two or three goes at this but it found it within 30 seconds.

Once it finds the satellite the first time, you will have no problems after this, and you will be able to turn on and off as you arrive at the course.

I have yet to use it in open play but checked calibration at the tee-markers and 150 yard markers. Spot on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value., 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Izzo Swami 3000 GPS Golf UK - Black, 4 Inch (Sports)
Got this at a great price 30 cheaper than American Golf. It found my course straight away and also another course that I played recently. Distances were bang on when compared to course distance markers.
Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great GPS unit, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Izzo Swami 3000 GPS Golf UK - Black, 4 Inch (Sports)
Does exactly what it says on the tin. GPS seems to be completely accurate. If you're after a GPS unit that specifically tells you distances to green, this is ideal. Has helped me to shave an extra 5-10 shots off a round and stick to my 15 handicap. GPS does take up to a minute to locate your position, but I just switch it on and leave it on the roof of my car whilst I unpack my golf clubs and trolley and set up. Has had all the courses I've tried to use it on within its database.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good value, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: Izzo Swami 3000 GPS Golf UK - Black, 4 Inch (Sports)
I checked to make sure that my course was on the system before i bought it on the Izzo website. I tried it and compared it with the stroke saver i had for my course and it was spot on. All i wanted the yardage to the front middle and back, this does it very well. One problem is that on one of the holes had the yardage the other way round, so front yardage was at the back and vice versa.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Izzo Swami 3000 GPS Golf UK - Black, 4 Inch (Sports)
Excellent value for money. Large font size is great for the poor sighted. A see through pouch for trolley use would be better than the belt clip

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Izzo Swami 3000 GPS Golf UK - Black, 4 Inch (Sports)
Very happy with the product. Easy to use, exactly as it was advertised. Would recommend the product and the supplier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good piece of kit for the price., 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Izzo Swami 3000 GPS Golf UK - Black, 4 Inch (Sports)
This golf aid does what it says on the packet. It's pretty accurate and found my little course straight away. Bit of a nuisance having to advance the holes but small cheese really.
Recommend this to any golfer whatever their handicap.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good once the satelite is located., 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Izzo Swami 3000 GPS Golf UK - Black, 4 Inch (Sports)
I was bought this foc Christmas and the first time I tried it it didn't recognise my home course, I contacted the UK rep for Izzo and he advised I should download the course list again.
I did this and next time out it picked up my course and worked great.
One small issue is it does take a couple of attempts to pick up the satelite but once found is very good.
Finally, This was all done on my home course in Ireland for anybody scared off by a previous review.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›