5.0 out of 5 stars izzo swami gps system
For the money i paid this gadget does everything i require for a round of golf,easy to use,ive used it on 2 different courses at both ends of the country and it picked them up no trouble if i have 1 criticism my course has 3 different layouts we use and it takes a couple of minutes to get the right 1 selected but for the money this is a great addition to my golf equipment
Published on 27 Aug. 2012 by carew

2.0 out of 5 stars Potentially a good product
The Swami works well on the 5 courses I have visited since I bought it, but the big problem is that it does not work on my home course. Their UK rep has promised to get the course mapped by the techies in Taiwan, but no luck so far. Check if your favourite courses are mapped before you buy!
Published 23 months ago by john martin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars izzo swami gps system, 27 Aug. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 26 Nov. 2012
For a cheaper Golf GPS system this does the job brilliantly. I have only used it on my home course but it seems to be accurate on every hole.
Would recommend it if you just want to know front, centre and back distances to the green.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous value!, 8 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Izzo Swami 3000 GPS Golf UK - Black, 4 Inch (Sports)
It's a fraction of the price of other golf GPS systems out there but works just as well.

Initial setup is not as straightforward as the manual states - the first time you try to locate the satellite, it sometimes takes a a few attempts so here is a quick boot-up method:

1 - Walk onto the first tee
2 - Turn on the Swami 3000
3 - Place it on the ground
4 - Step away from the Swami

For some reason it seems to pick up the satellite the first time when it is not moving and also when no one touching the unit, it will countdown and find the satellite. I was advised it might take two or three goes at this but it found it within 30 seconds.

Once it finds the satellite the first time, you will have no problems after this, and you will be able to turn on and off as you arrive at the course.

I have yet to use it in open play but checked calibration at the tee-markers and 150 yard markers. Spot on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great GPS unit, 26 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Izzo Swami 3000 GPS Golf UK - Black, 4 Inch (Sports)
Does exactly what it says on the tin. GPS seems to be completely accurate. If you're after a GPS unit that specifically tells you distances to green, this is ideal. Has helped me to shave an extra 5-10 shots off a round and stick to my 15 handicap. GPS does take up to a minute to locate your position, but I just switch it on and leave it on the roof of my car whilst I unpack my golf clubs and trolley and set up. Has had all the courses I've tried to use it on within its database.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good value, 25 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Izzo Swami 3000 GPS Golf UK - Black, 4 Inch (Sports)
I checked to make sure that my course was on the system before i bought it on the Izzo website. I tried it and compared it with the stroke saver i had for my course and it was spot on. All i wanted the yardage to the front middle and back, this does it very well. One problem is that on one of the holes had the yardage the other way round, so front yardage was at the back and vice versa.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value., 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Izzo Swami 3000 GPS Golf UK - Black, 4 Inch (Sports)
Got this at a great price £30 cheaper than American Golf. It found my course straight away and also another course that I played recently. Distances were bang on when compared to course distance markers.
Would definitely recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep at it and you will love it!, 6 Aug. 2013
simon marsh "smarshy" (leamington spa, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Izzo Swami 3000 GPS Golf UK - Black, 4 Inch (Sports)
When I first had this it did not work at all, but I continued to struggle along and with some help from the UK team at IZZO (one man so was tough to get hold of him) we got it working.
Now as long as you place it down on the floor when it is looking for GPS signal it works amazingly well.
Spot on distance on the courses I have played with it so far.
Easy to use.
Battery life lasts a good three rounds.
I recommend this to any who want to try a GPS unit without paying the high prices of the better known brands or having to pay a subscription free every year.
If this ever gives up on me I would buy again or maybe even try the IZZO Swami 4000 unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 18 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Izzo Swami 3000 GPS Golf UK - Black, 4 Inch (Sports)
Excellent value for money. Large font size is great for the poor sighted. A see through pouch for trolley use would be better than the belt clip

4.0 out of 5 stars Good once the satelite is located., 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Izzo Swami 3000 GPS Golf UK - Black, 4 Inch (Sports)
I was bought this foc Christmas and the first time I tried it it didn't recognise my home course, I contacted the UK rep for Izzo and he advised I should download the course list again.
I did this and next time out it picked up my course and worked great.
One small issue is it does take a couple of attempts to pick up the satelite but once found is very good.
Finally, This was all done on my home course in Ireland for anybody scared off by a previous review.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the Price it' Fine, 17 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Izzo Swami 3000 GPS Golf UK - Black, 4 Inch (Sports)
I have been using this device all over the south west with no real problems. I have tried it against much more expensive devices and optical aids and it stands up well. The accuracy is good, but if anything it over reads slightly ( I.e. It reads about 5 yards extra on a 180 yard shot). It takes up to a minute to synch the device, but I just turn it on while waiting on the first tee. A simple straightforward device that works!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›