4.0 out of 5 stars Well Written, Too Much Kissing!
I quite enjoyed this book, particularly the maternal aspects of it. Both Lisa and Maggie seemed very real to me, perhaps because I'm in the middle of toddlerdom right now. Both of these characters grabbed my heart and made me want to find out what happens to them, a sure sign of well-written characters. However, some of the supporting characters, such as Lisa's fiance,...
Published on 12 Jun 2011 by Kippy

3.0 out of 5 stars Glad it was free.
The writing was reasonable, although the free Kindle edition was marred by a couple of typos.

I just couldn't empathise with the Lisa character; certainly she'd been through some bad things, but honestly, I've encountered more emotionally mature 3 year-olds and by halfway, she was just irritating me, along with her selfish friend who simply upped and left her...
Published on 22 May 2011 by volone

5.0 out of 5 stars a good aurthor, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
a really good read, couldnt put it down.read more of her novels now.however some are a bit over priced,but worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
I only started reading Barbara Freethy books since buying a Kindle and trying one of them for free but I must say I am really hooked on them now and quite happy to pay for them as I find they always have a good story to them which keeps you interested all the way through. I have a few more ready to read on my Kindle so am looking forward to reading them.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellant author, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
i started reading this author's books with a free download "ryan's return" and have gone on to download at least another half dozen books - love the style of writing - her books have twists & turns easy reading that keeps you engaged from the start to the end - i'm hooked

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
Wow, what an original story too capture you. Absolutely amazing writing, this has come from the heart & drags u in. One of the best books I've ever read!!! And I do love my supernatural stories but this has stolen all that away. Well worth a read x

2.0 out of 5 stars Slush and more slush, 1 April 2012
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
Although I didn't particularly enjoy reading this slushy romance, I did read it to the end and found it hard to put down. I couildn't wait for it to end but for some reason didn't want to stop reading it. I do think it was a few hours of wasted time though! So don't bother starting to read it, if you want to take any advice.

4.0 out of 5 stars One True Love, 21 Feb 2012
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
A lovely, but sad book. I really enjoyed it and thought that the characters were good together. It would be even better when the typing mistakes are sorted.

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed, but some faults, 27 Oct 2011
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
I agree with previous reviews about the main characters, i.e. Lisa and Nick, in fact at one point I was skipping bits to learn more about Maggie's exploits - she was much more interesting and I did empathise with her. Yes, the ending is predictable, but rather sweet. Didn't pay the top price it is now. but if the price does reduce again, would recommend it to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice read, 5 Aug 2011
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
Don't need to totally tune in, to follow the story quite light-weight but it works, I like the way the author spliced the two stories together of the women, could have gone either way, but her style of writing worked for that format.

4.0 out of 5 stars well written, 3 Aug 2011
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book, although i have to say it is one of those books where you just know what the ending is going to be. I found it slow to really get into it, with the middle getting more exciting. However i then guessed the ending. Its worth a read but not a real page turner

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving, 28 July 2011
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
Maybe I'm too easily convinced, but I thought the story was fantastic. Yes, the ending was predictable, but how it got there was amusing, well paced and I felt well written. Could see this as a feel-good movie!

One True Love