5.0 out of 5 stars A gold standard in Value for Money.
This monitor represents what I would consider a 'gold standard' in Value for Money.

Coming in at just within 'budget' model prices, it packs a wealth of features that just a few years back would have set us back at least four times the asking price and been considered Luxury.
The LED backlit screen is crisp and vivid, and the colours, which like everything...
Published 1 month ago by Fat Chris

3.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, fiddly to adjust but good value if your persevere
I bought this monitor mainly because the Asus 228H monitor that came with my recent computer upgrade was just a little on the small side (it has now been relegated to lesser duties) despite being an excellent monitor in other respects. Certainly it took an hour or so to find the best adjustment of brightness/contrast, but, once done, I was very pleased with it...
Published on 31 July 2012 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 331 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Everybody Should be Happy with this Monitor, 21 Sep 2011
This review is from: ASUS VE247H 24 inch LED Widescreen Full HD 1080p Support with HDMI 2ms Response Time Splendid? Video Intelligence Technology (Accessory)
For the price you get a great monitor for writing your report or for playing your favorite game. For the fussy professional there may be drawbacks that frankly I would never notice. You get what you pay for and I have no need to pay more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good monitor for the price, 1 July 2014
G Brennan "Glenn" (England) - See all my reviews
I bought this after my old Samsung CW226 kicked it a month ago. It's a very light weight monitor and was surprised how little heat it generates. The screen is incredibly bright when first switched on I almost had to wear sunglasses trying to turn it down. But once adjusted it provided a good clear picture. Text is clear and is easy to read from a distance. Colours are vibrant although you have to adjust that brightness because it can wash out the colours a bit. Some people complained how awkward the controls were but I didn't have a problem with this. I did find the menu selection screen a bit fiddly though. The monitor provides VGA DVI and HDMI connections and the cables for these come in the box except HDMI which was disappointing. There's also an audio jack 3.5mm for the monitors built in speaker. The sound quality of the speaker is very poor and not recommended for watching films or listening to music. The reason I didn't give this monitor 5 stars was because I noticed that this monitor suffers a bit of ghosting. I only notice it when scrolling through text on a white background. It doesn't bother me much though and you will only notice it if you were really looking for signs of ghosting. Game playing however appears to be unaffected and is excellent as well as watching films. Its a vast improvement on my old Samsung and overall I'm happy with it. I would recommend it for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Now returning my second one in two weeks, 13 Nov 2013
Not good. I am now returning my second one in two weeks due to both turning up with "hot" pixels, or pixels that are displaying solid colour.

I will not be buying another one of these screens as I don't expect two to turn up with the same fault, just in different areas on the screen.

Really not happy with Asus and its a shame because the screen would otherwise be fantastic.

Some say that its okay for a screen to have some hot or dead pixels, I disagree - I spent the money on something brand new and I expect it to turn up in 100% working order.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monitor, use it with my Mac, 1 Sep 2012
Length:: 4:16 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Multi-purpose Monitor, 5 Oct 2014
This is definitely a five-star product. The screen is a versatile size - I use it for Xbox 360 and streaming Netflix, as well as plugging into my laptop. It works quite well as a TV in this way, and is absolutely fantastic in the capacity for which it was designed. When working on anything the 24 inches makes a massive difference over my cramped 14 inch laptop display.

A real selling point for this monitor besides the screen size is the audio out/in. A lot of monitors lack this, and it makes it so much easier to use with the Xbox. I can connect it with HDMI, and then plug speakers or headphones into the monitor's audio jack (great sound as well). The integrated speakers are perfectly fine, but a pair of small computer speakers do improve it. A nice touch is that it also includes almost all of the cables you could possibly need (UK plug/EU plug/VGA/DVI/3.5mm audio - though not HDMI).

All in all, this is a monitor should be able to do everything you need. The picture quality is also great, it's easy to use and ASUS are a solid brand. I really can't fault it.

5.0 out of 5 stars DEFAULT SET TO VGA, 10 Dec 2014
D. R. Stockton (York) - See all my reviews
This monitor arrived this morning, 10/12/14, I quickly set it up with a HDMI lead only for it to say NO VGA CONNECTION once I figured out the menu and connected the supplied VGA cable I switched it to HDMI and disconnected the VGA cable. The HDMI is an Amazon basics and just fits between the PC and monitor, could have done with the 2 meter instead of the 0.9 meter, but that's just a very minor niggle.

Now for the good stuff, I wanted to upgrade to a 24" monitor for some time and this monitor came within my price range under £140. This monitor fitted the bill at just £120 the other monitors I had both had D-Sub connection an Emprex and an IIyama both old monitors that will be kept as spares.
One thing I did find is that the bright colours that were there when the DVI was connected disappeared when switched to HDMI this makes the monitor easier to work on IN MY OPINION.

There isn't much between each of the pre-sets and I have this set to game though this PC is for general use and will never be used for gaming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Asus monitor review full HD, 26 Sep 2011
A cracking good monitor that loads very quickly and is very clear. Size matters that is why I selected the 24" and have no regrets. Price was a factor and they were very reasonably priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for £145, 19 May 2012
F. Malik (UK) - See all my reviews
Very quick and easy to install. Comes with a ton of cables. Brilliant picture and the speakers aren't tinny at all, but they're not great either. Some reviews complain about buttons being 'counter-intuitive' but they're easy to use once you've memorized which ones which.

Overall I would definitely recommend this screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant quality, brilliant price and overall excellence., 5 Sep 2012
I'll start by saying I have two of these for a dual monitor set-up, I bought them to replace my old Dell 30 inch monitor. To keep it short, I'll just list the pros and cons then have you decide whether it's worth it or not. Personally, I think it's very cheaply priced for what you get.

Here are the pros:-
- The screen quality is brilliant 1920x1080 HD (available in all - HDMI, DVI and VGA).
- The build quality is excellent; I found the stand simple and easy to set-up (by myself) and definitely more than strong to accept the screen's weight.
- The smart menu system it has is good although I'd recommend changing them to your own preference as the standard one doesn't show the screen's full capabilities. I personally use the gaming option with some personal changes on brightness - that's the same for both monitors.

And the cons, there's not many:-
- The gaming preset seems to be the only worth while one. The other's tend to feel like they lack in things outside of their specific area (image quality wise), the gaming one feels as if it works all round, though. Not really a con more of a nitpick.
- I'm not sure if this is the monitors fault or mine but it's worth noting (I'll add this is my first dual monitor set-up). I have one monitor in HDMI and the other in DVI - I have only have one GPU - it seems maybe because of this or just the monitors being different some colours look only slightly different, for example, black is most obvious to notice this as it seems the HDMI one has a slightly less dark black. It's odd but kind of irritating for a perfectionist like myself.

That's about it. It runs in a full 60FPS (no higher, I think) and the quality probably isn't professional enough for a photographer or someone but definitely outstanding to the average user. I use them for every day use, including gaming.

5.0 out of 5 stars This monitor is brilliant!, 2 Aug 2014
If you're thinking of buying this monitor, allow me to put to rest any doubts you may have.

Mine arrived today, used with new packaging. There isn't a scratch on any surface and all ports work without a problem.

The picture is outstanding, truely HIGH definition and the colour is fantastic, great for any purpose. I personally use mine for gaming and movies, but it could easily be used for working and surfing the net with the multiple options it offers.

The speakers are the best I've seen (or rather heard) on a monitor of this size, but for intensive use, its worth having a seperate speaker system, for more bass. This is very easily connected through the audio jack in the back, similar to any mp3 player nowadays.

All in all, a great product. Will buy again anytime!
#sexymonitor