5.0 out of 5 stars A gold standard in Value for Money.
This monitor represents what I would consider a 'gold standard' in Value for Money.

Coming in at just within 'budget' model prices, it packs a wealth of features that just a few years back would have set us back at least four times the asking price and been considered Luxury.
Published 7 months ago by Fat Chris

1.0 out of 5 stars Now returning my second one in two weeks
Not good. I am now returning my second one in two weeks due to both turning up with "hot" pixels, or pixels that are displaying solid colour.

I will not be buying another one of these screens as I don't expect two to turn up with the same fault, just in different areas on the screen.

Really not happy with Asus and its a shame because the screen would...
Published 18 months ago by TR

5.0 out of 5 stars A gold standard in Value for Money., 30 Oct. 2014
Fat Chris (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ASUS VE247H 24 inch LED Widescreen Full HD 1080p Support with HDMI 2ms Response Time Splendid? Video Intelligence Technology (Accessory)

The LED backlit screen is crisp and vivid, and the colours, which like everything else can be tweaked specifically to your personal tastes, can be incredibly sharp.

The stand comes with a simple forwards / back tilt that can go to some extremes, and has a nifty hole in the centre for you to thread cables through to get them hidden away, underslung ports allow simple connectivity and the easy to use, simply labelled buttons make changing settings perfectly simple.

Where this monitor stands out is in it's pre-set scenes, which can be changed at the press of one button, you can go from wildly bright colours and intense clarity for Video Games, to a subtle and more realistic set of tones for other viewing, there's an unusually bright 'night-time' mode as well that I've yet to actually use.
It's worth noting that all these 'scenes' can also be individually tweaked.

Overall the quality of this monitor has been above what I had initially expected considering the low asking price
(at the time just shy of £130)

The only negative aspects being that the speakers are obviously terrible (but always are in monitors, so isn't worth docking points for) and I personally would have liked a few more ports, but I could have gotten something with more, so again, not worth losing anything for, I have a HDMI splitter, no big deal.

The only downside that would affect the overall grade for me is that I can't seem to find a way to lower the brightness of the backlight itself, which I would love to do as I can see a bit of haze from the lamps on the right hand side, it can be lowered by selecting different scenes to set levels, which does make it go away on 3/5 modes, but you can't adjust it manually (e.g. from 0-100) from what I have found
(if there is a way, please let me know!)
All the positive points for me outweigh this and I notice it maybe once every few days.

One massive pro-point for me was that the Monitor comes bundled with a whole Maplins worth of cables, supplied in box were:
UK and EU power adapters, a VGA cable, a DVI cable and an audio cable, a mighty haul indeed!

I have been using this monitor every day since purchase for absolutely everything from Office work, to films and games and I am still loving it.

Well worth the money and more.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent screen at a very reasonable price, 12 Nov. 2014
Kevin Trebell (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This has been bought as a new primary screen for my sons PC, his other smaller screen will now be used as a secondary.

The monitor came sensibly boxed with a set of cables in the box (dvi and vga), along with a manual and it's stand. The initial feel of this of a good build quality, it feels solid and sturdy.

Getting it connected up was a breeze, we connected via HDMI to his spare socket on his graphics card and were away.

We had to play with settings to get the picture as we wanted and this did take a bit of fiddling but once we had it the display was really lovely. The picture is bright , colours excellent, contrast great and response times look excellent.

He's immediately finding it a step up from his old monitor and can see the difference on Blu Rays and games right away.

Overall , for the price you can't go wrong with this. Excellent quality at a very fair price. I'm tempted to get another to replace my own monitor now (I'm still using an old 900P Sammy so that's so nice I've not wanted to lose it but this is nice enough to tempt me).

4.0 out of 5 stars Audio Line Out, 22 Mar. 2012
Something nobody really mentions re: the capabilities of ASUS monitors is the importance of the earphone jack. This is essentially a stereo line out. Claims you will find on the internet that speakers cannot be plugged into an earphone jack are absolute rubbish. I'm telling you as a sound engineer. If you have any pair of active speakers (i.e. they power themselves (they need to be plugged in)) you can use this "earphone jack" to totally bypass the monitor speakers and use the speakers you want to. The monitor audio input sources are a) via the 3.5mm in socket, and/or, b) from HDMI.

In this way I have my Xbox connected by HDMI and am then 'routing on' the audio contained in the HDMI signal out of the earphone jack, into my audio interface, and then into my 12" active speakers. I could just run the earphone jack output using a 3.5mm stereo plug at one end to two 1/4" jacks (left and right) into each speaker directly but my interface lets me control lots of ins and outs for other purposes. You could even take the 3.5mm audio out and go into an amplifier/AV receiver and then into passive (non-powered) speakers. At the end of the day you just need a cable that is 3.5mm stereo one end to whatever connections you need the other side.

The point of this review is that the audio features of this monitor mean that you can have an HDMI picture, and, great sound too - making it ideal for a multimedia setup outwith standard PC use.

In terms of the picture, you will have to mess around with the various 'splendid' settings and then fine-tune contrast, brightness etc yourself from there. The standard modes are typically too bright, too contrasted etc - basically 'extremes'. Once optimised the screen is excellent.

I chose this over an VE278Q after much deliberation. I moved up from a 22" 1680x1050. This VE247H made a huge difference because of the extra pixels. I have a very deep desk and still I'm glad I didn't get a 27" monitor now. Obviously the 24" is sharper at the same resolution (smaller pixels). On the desk it is big enough that your are focusing on a section of the screen (and have to move'lean back to see it all), and at 2-3 metres it fills your line of vision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb for gaming, 10 July 2014
I wanted this model because It had built in speakers and so that I could use it independently with an Xbox 360. It has excellent picture quality with no ghosting or delay when gaming and the sound is really rather good. I found it easy to adjust the settings and the various input facility makes this a simple monitor to connect without having to buy additional (expensive) adaptors. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor for the money, 7 Jun. 2012
Euan Viveash - See all my reviews
This is a great monitor for the money. Ordered and arrived in three days...Not a dead pixel, was up and running within two minutes of opening the box. Great for games and image is crystal clear. Looks sleek as well. Excellent value for money. Well happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loverly Jubbly, 18 Feb. 2012
Had the Asus 24 inch LED widescreen for a few days now and lovin it. Set up using HDMI lead and set at HD resolution this monitor rocks. So much viewing room on the monitor.

Monitor is plug and play up and running in a couple of minuites just a few tweaks here and there.

Very happy camper would recommend and at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow what a screen Looks awesome on gaming:, 18 July 2012
A great screen for the price. The LED looks awesome when in gaming mode such as black ops, Alan wake.. would deffo recomment.

My Rig:

Amd phenom X6 1100t @3.3 oc 3.9 (all cores)
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
16Gb ddr3 1333
AMD MSI HD 6970 2gb
1t sata3 Harddrive
Gtx coolermaster 650w PSU

5.0 out of 5 stars Dead happy., 20 Sept. 2011
Peter Williamson (UK) - See all my reviews
Low power consumption, mainly because it uses LED technology I guess. Picture quality is also top-notch, colours especially. You will not get a better monitor for this about of money. It's also just won best on test in Novembers ed of PC Pro Mag.

1.0 out of 5 stars Now returning my second one in two weeks, 13 Nov. 2013

Really not happy with Asus and its a shame because the screen would otherwise be fantastic.

Some say that its okay for a screen to have some hot or dead pixels, I disagree - I spent the money on something brand new and I expect it to turn up in 100% working order.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant quality, brilliant price and overall excellence., 5 Sept. 2012
I'll start by saying I have two of these for a dual monitor set-up, I bought them to replace my old Dell 30 inch monitor. To keep it short, I'll just list the pros and cons then have you decide whether it's worth it or not. Personally, I think it's very cheaply priced for what you get.

Here are the pros:-
- The screen quality is brilliant 1920x1080 HD (available in all - HDMI, DVI and VGA).
- The build quality is excellent; I found the stand simple and easy to set-up (by myself) and definitely more than strong to accept the screen's weight.
- The smart menu system it has is good although I'd recommend changing them to your own preference as the standard one doesn't show the screen's full capabilities. I personally use the gaming option with some personal changes on brightness - that's the same for both monitors.

And the cons, there's not many:-
- The gaming preset seems to be the only worth while one. The other's tend to feel like they lack in things outside of their specific area (image quality wise), the gaming one feels as if it works all round, though. Not really a con more of a nitpick.
- I'm not sure if this is the monitors fault or mine but it's worth noting (I'll add this is my first dual monitor set-up). I have one monitor in HDMI and the other in DVI - I have only have one GPU - it seems maybe because of this or just the monitors being different some colours look only slightly different, for example, black is most obvious to notice this as it seems the HDMI one has a slightly less dark black. It's odd but kind of irritating for a perfectionist like myself.

That's about it. It runs in a full 60FPS (no higher, I think) and the quality probably isn't professional enough for a photographer or someone but definitely outstanding to the average user. I use them for every day use, including gaming.