5.0 out of 5 stars great quality
Top quality product with longer cable than with the original device. Excellent value highly recommended.
If you need a spare then this is perfect.
Published 14 months ago by N. Monks

1.0 out of 5 stars USB 3 cable WD passport
The USB cable is not from WD and doesn't seem to be of a good quality. Doesn't plug well in my external hard drive and take ages to show off my laptop
Cable is also too long and not convenient at all for travellers
Published on 1 May 2012 by Ker51

1.0 out of 5 stars USB 3 cable WD passport, 1 May 2012
This review is from: High Grade - USB 3.0 Cable for WD My Passport Essential Portable Hard Drive - Length: 1m - AAA Products - 12 Month Warranty
Cable is also too long and not convenient at all for travellers

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good quality, 3 Feb 2013
R. L. Araujo "Bex" (London) - See all my reviews
I bought this a little while ago because my western digital cable stopped working suddenly not sure why and I don't have the money nor the will to purchase another external hard drive completely. The Hard drive I bought seems to have either gone out of date or western digital aren't issuing cable for it any more. So after searching I was relieved to find this cable which matches the unusual head on my original cable and said it was a western digital cable. It works but it doesn't fit well in my machine nor my hard drive like the previous reviewer said and now if I move my laptop or even touch the cable it will disconnect from the computer which is very very annoying as if I'm gaming (most of my games are stored on my hard drive) and I move it will crash my game and I worry that eventually my files will be corrupted by this (although I'm not sure if that's possible). Although this cable is to blame and isn't well made I more annoyed about the lack of support western digital have for their hard drives and even more annoyed that there was a fault in my original cable to begin with. I've since purchased a different cable with the same head and will review that to see if it's any better. If you're desperate and can't find another cable go for this one if not and you have the money purchase another hard drive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and useful, 16 July 2013
M. D. Elston "Mike" (London UK) - See all my reviews
A 1m USB3 cable for this price is good value if it does the job. I needed a longer lead and so I ordered one, despite some adverse reviews, and found it connects my Mac mini with my WD My Passport drive perfectly well, with no problem. Maybe it doesn't fit quite as smoothly as the supplied WD cable, but I've plugged and mounted and unplugged the drive a number of times since I've had it, and never had to reseat the connections, so I'm perfectly happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality, 26 Jun 2013
N. Monks "Jazz Crazy" (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
If you need a spare then this is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a great difference, 9 Jan 2014
HD My Passport obviously did not think through its future customer base with the progression and size of the smart TV. This lead enables you to place your HDMP sensibly by your TV and not leaving it dangling from the back of the TV with the original very short USB cable supplied with My Passport. It does what it says on the tin but this should have been an unnecessary purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 27 Dec 2013
Miss J. Pollock "Joze" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I needed to purchase a new cable, since my original cable became damaged. This is a very good replacement and should last a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product., 17 Nov 2013
A well made product, which has an expensive feel to it. It certainly helps to have the extra length cable as the cable which comes with the H/drive, is very short and a little restrictive! A good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars my lovely my precious, 20 Sep 2013
My cord went missing shortly afterwards damn kids ..... this product is excellent really stable and quick love it did i say i love it yes ...awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars my usb lead, 22 Aug 2013
this lead replaced the original lead supplied with the portable hard drive and is of better quality I will change the other lead as
well

5.0 out of 5 stars a good buy, 22 Jun 2013
a great buy my old passport hard drive wouldnt work now its fine glad i was able to get one