on 10 February 2014
I have to confess that I don't actually have a Toshiba drive but a USB cable is a USB cable and the connections all looked the same so I went ahead and bought it (the price was right). I connected it to my Hitachi 1TB portable drive and Hey Presto it works! So far no problems. The cable that came with the Hitachi drive was too short and stiff was more inconvenient than it was worth, while the extra length of this cable took a lot of strain off my USB connectors.
on 3 February 2014
To be honest I only bought this item because the Amazon list said that everyone bought it when they bought the Toshiba hard drive. I didn't realise you got a cable anyway. In fact I tried both and the item was much faster than the cable supplied with the hard drive. The only thing is that you have to keep pushing the cable onto the hard drive.
on 8 April 2014
I needed a small portable hard drive mainly as back-up for my photos. This is brilliant. It was very easy to set up and use and as my title says 'if I can use it anyone can'! It is strong and very portable. I did buy a case to put it in which makes it even more user friendly and keeps it safe. It comes with cable so don't buy another one - I did buy one as Amazon recommended it but there is no need.
Buy with confidence.
on 21 March 2013
Very sturdy. It has a thick coating for added protection Arrived quickly. Perfect! It replaced the original one that came with my Toshiba external hard drive.
on 10 December 2013
This is the best wire I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! It's black which is probably the most successful color for a wire! Thanks
on 7 December 2013
There's not really much you can say about a cable. Comes in a clear plastic bag, has the funky connector for the hard drive and a USB connector at the other end. Cable is sturdy and the product works,
on 23 September 2015
Bought this after my previous portable drive failed. Good drive, still working 2 years later.

And it's only about a third the size of the first one.
on 28 April 2014
Little extra I can say about this item. It does the job and makes my portable hard drive a real boon for backing up those files you just cannot risk.
on 8 February 2014
Good high speed. Unusual connector but certainly works well. I would recommend it seems to be a very good price compared to any others I found.
on 15 January 2014
This cable was needed to connect my remote hard disc to my PC. I do not know why my H.D. did not have a cable anyway but this did the job.