on 22 March 2012
For a very long time I harboured resentment against the Queen Mother - thinking that the treatment of King Edward VIII was a disgrace - time the great healer made sure I was corrected in my mistaken thinking.
This Dramatized account of the romance, marriage and life of the Queens Mum & Dad makes excellent viewing and without either mawkish sentiment or fawning devotion. Well worth the watch.
on 8 July 2011
really enjoyed it.Nice to see George VI.Having him as our king when I was growing up and seeing our present Queen as I remember her as a child ,it is a very good dvd.
on 10 February 2012
This was something I came across by accident when looking to see what was on TV one day. Having seen it I wanted to have a copy. It was a well-made film which complemented the better known 'The King's Speech'. Courtesy of Amazon I bought both DVDs at a very reasonable price.
on 21 July 2013
I had been searching for a while for an affordable DVD on King George VI. If you are a royal fan this DVD is for you. It is the real life love story of the King and Queen Elizabeth. For a man who never expected to be King he did an excellent job. They come across as an incredibly amazing couple who brought a nation through the second World War with grace and courage. He overcame his stammer and she was there with him every step of the way encouraging him. He called his family "we four" and his love for his wife and princesses is very evident. He was a truly caring man and put the gentle into gentleman. I gave this DVD 5 stars because I think it is excellently put together and a joy to watch. I would highly recommend it.
on 9 July 2012
Beautify story of family love and love of one's country with sad overtone of a wayward brother KE VIII. Truly inspirational of how a shy man had grown into a great King. A godly king and his queen who inspired his subjects in a time of national peril sadly ending with his premature death.
on 1 December 2012
I have a lot of DVD's on royalty from all era's - mainly films and was curious to learn more about the "real" Bertie and Elizabeth - especially the Queen Mother when she was young. I really enjoyed this documentary and would highly recommend it to all you who enjoy documentaries on the Royal family
on 24 April 2015
Great short but pithy account of KIng George vi history and great social document with the film clips and news out-takes. Worth every penny.
on 15 July 2013
Although it contained footage which I have seen before, it conatined enough footage to make it very well worth the money
on 18 August 2014
Good film, I would recommend it to my friends,. It was well portrayed.
on 13 April 2014
Arrived as beautifully packed as all Amazon parcels are. Compiled from actual clips of filmed news coverage. We felt it could have included much more- particularly as we have just read Sarah Bradfords excellent book.