5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job
I bought this to use on photo trips ,in order to carry lots of small items - spare batteries , memory cards , even a spare compact camera and a lens or two , without the bother of a big gadget bag . It works fine , not too hot when photographing an Eagle Owl in blazing sun , and warming and showerproof at the Cotswold Air Show yesterday . Recommended .
Published on 19 Jun 2011 by Ted with a Canon

1.0 out of 5 stars Not strong enough for every day use
Published 23 months ago by BDV

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job, 19 Jun 2011
This review is from: Result Safari Waistcoat (Apparel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Quality Than Other Gilets Costing Twice As Much, 5 July 2012
Colin Samson (The United kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Result Safari Waistcoat (Apparel)
I was about to order a similar item from a high street retailer, then decided to check out Amazon first. I am really glad that I did. My Gilet/Waistcoat arrived today, so it isn't exactly "tried & tested" by me yet; however I have examined it very closely. I can confirm that the cloth (labeled as 220gsm Heavy Cotton Twill) is a heavy duty material and that the stitching & general workmanship appears to be of a very high standard. Everything looks as though it will last for many years, especially the very "chunky" & sturdy smooth-running zip on the front.

The sizing is very generous too, this is a BIG "XXL" size; even with the many pockets stuffed full, this waistcoat has plenty of slack on me, so presumably the other sizes are generous too.

I wanted a Gilet that would hold a lot, but was also smart looking (most do NOT look smart in my opinion). I also wanted one without added quilting or fleece as I tend to get very hot, due to back pain; I also wanted to be able to wear it all year round. This item fits the bill perfectly and at HALF the price that I was about to pay elsewhere!

UPDATED NEARLY SIX MONTHS LATER:
I have since ordered a second identical Gilet from the same company. I paid extra for express (courier) delivery, which I did NOT receive. My request for a refund of the Express Delivery charge was ignored. As a result, I will never buy anything from the same company again. However the product is excellent value & is sold by numerous other vendors. The ONLY weakness I have found with the Gilet is that the "D" ring under the top left pocket, is not very securely stitched on & rips off easily; so DON'T attach anything of value to it (camera, mobile phone etc.)! A GOOD PURCHASE.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not strong enough for every day use, 6 Oct 2012
Bought this Medium gilet as my old multi pocket gilet was getting a bit small for me as have put a little weight on recently. I use it mainly for walking over the fields with my dogs, carrying keys, dog treats and a ball. After 2 days the zip has started to come unstitched from the bottom of the jacket. Also the opening of the side pockets are very narrow and have to push my hand to get into the pocket (I'm 5'7" tall and small build)
The material is quite thin and not up to very hard wear. The stitching on a couple of the edges of the pockets have had to be restitched as they were coming away from the body. I guess the gilet would be ok for a fashion item as long as you are careful and don't put too much strain on it.
Would not recommend it for a working garment.
UPDATE
9th Oct. Well today whilst walking the dogs the clasp on the zip has come off (can't zip it up now) I didn't even have it done up, lost it over the fields. Stitching coming apart from side pocket seam as the right side pocket was made too small for my hand to fit in (had to push it in) Left side ok. I am a slight 38" chest and my hands are not big. I bought the medium size to give me extra room (which it does) I originally gave this 3 stars but have marked it down to 1. Can see myself throwing this garment away very soon. Not happy. This is the first time I have giving anything I have bought from Amazon a bad review. But believe me it deserves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cotton gilet, 22 Aug 2011
Mr. N. Chadderton (Bury, Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Result Safari Waistcoat (Apparel)
Bought this for holiday to keep my wallet etc secure. It's well made and does the job. I'd buy another.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good fit and well finished, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Result Safari Waistcoat (Apparel)
I hesitated about whether to get the Medium or Large - my chest measures 41"/104cm over a tee shirt and I thought Medium might be too tight especially if I wear a fleece/pullover too. In fact Medium is a perfect choice for me - what I didn't want is a large garment with heavy pockets full of stuff flapping around. Size wise it is perfect. I can carry all I want but the only slight disappointment is that while my 7" tablet with its case will fit into either of the larger front pockets, the velcro top cannot be closed thought it will fit easily and just close without the case - I may have to look at getting another case. I am using the large back pocket at the moment.

Fabric is canvas type without insulation - which is ideal because in summer it would be too hot and extra insulation is best added with another thin layer of clothing and it is far more flexible to do it that way.

Pocket approx dimensions are:

outside front left Top 11cm wide and deep with pleat, velcro
outside both front left and right bottom 17cm wide and deep with pleat, velcro (2 pockets)

outside front right top deep pocket 10cm w x 18cm deep pleated, velcro. Mesh pocket in front 10cm w, 11cm deep, zipped pocket below and behind the bottom pocket (described above) - 15cm wide, 18cm deep

internal rhs pocket top and lhs bottom 10cm x 13cm not pleated with velcro

rear pocket accessible from either side - full width of back and minimum 13cm deep at side and 23cm at centre - no velcro

only knocking a star off because I cant quite fit my tablet in its case in the preferred pocket

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 July 2012
Michael D. Bradley "Mike Bradley" (Inverness, Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
A really fine, very practical, product with a surprising number of pockets.

All of the pockets are "vertical", you sort of dip into them, there are none that are "horizontal", so it's a lot less likely that your stuff is going to fall out.

You can't see it in the picture but there is a pocket at the back and a pocket inside.

This item is quite roomy. So it can be worn over a fleece quite comfortably. In my opinion, if you like wearing it snug over a t-shirt, you might consider a smaller size. For this product, go by the size guide. For this product, medium is 41", whereas it might be 40" for other clothes.

All in all, a really excellent item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab fit, very useful, 8 Jan 2012
This best fits very well and holds loads of gear. It is a quality product and I suspect it will last a long time. It's big enough to wear over a jumper but it doesn't look to big over a t-shirt.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beat the Budget Airlines, 17 April 2012
Peter Skidmore (West Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Result Safari Waistcoat (Apparel)
A reasonably priced but well made product with plenty of pockets for storing paperbacks, mobile phones etc on flights. As the gilet is worn, it is outside airline weight allowances.The long back pocket is also useful for storing soft items such as underwear.Additionally the garment gives an added layer of warmth when worn under a raincoat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 5 Aug 2012
Hank (Hemel Hempstead UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Result Safari Waistcoat (Apparel)
So often I've gone out in the summer and found I just haven't got enough pockets or those I have are bulging. This gilet is well made and light weight and I can now carry my Kindle and I place my wallet in the zipped pocket. If there is a downside it is remembering which pocket you put that small item especially if you are in a hurry - I can live with that

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent jacket, 5 July 2012
A. S. Pike (Jersey C.I) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Result Safari Waistcoat (Apparel)
I bought just one of these last week ,( just bought another). I chose the standard delivery , and I received it within a week, which is great. I am a professional photographer, I used it for the first time last night and I thought it was brilliant. It has space for my phone, notebook, glasses, memory cards, wallet, ID passes , and it is also very smart and very well made, 100% cotton and comfortable. Buy with confidence , i reccomend it !
Update to this review, I have bought a further two jackets in blue and green. They are all very good quality and I reccomend them, as the seller.