1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Brightens my day, 17 April 2012
Dr. M.T. Jackson (Bromsgrove, Worcs., United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dimming Of The Day (MP3 Download)
I became a fan of Alison Krauss and Union Station (AKUS) just a few years ago when I herad one of her tracks being played on the Ken Bruce show. It had been selected by a guest artist. That made me look into her music and ever since I've bought several CDs.

I heard this particular song - Dimming of the day (written by Richard Thompson in the 1970s as a love song for his wife Linda, from whom he subsequently divorced!)on the BBC4 Transatlantic Sessions. Alison performed it live - and I thought it was one of the most beautiful songs I'd ever heard, and her treatment was fantastic. I discovered it had been released on the most recent AKUS album Paper Airplane - which, incidentally I haven't bought yet. So I decided to download. I've also found the original Richard and Linda Thompson version on YouTube, as well as one by Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour, and another by Bonnie Raitt (with Thompson in the background). But, for me, the AKUS version is the best, and you'll be amazed at the clarity of Alison Krauss' voice, and the range and emotion she can bring forth. At £0.89 it's a bargain - and will deliver hours of great pleasure.

Dimming Of The Day