5.0 out of 5 stars Great
As an FTM I found this product to be a very useful binder. I used to order these binders from the USA but I am really happy I can now get them a lot quicker on amazon!
Published on 9 Jan 2012 by Michael

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product but no good for me!
I'd say that these are very good products indeed, more so if you have man-boob issues like myself!

I don't think my issues are as bad as a lot of peoples out there but still; the moobs do effect my self confidence at times!

Published 14 months ago by Dan B

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 9 Jan 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe I hadn't realised these existed earlier!, 27 Jan 2012
This review is from: Underworks Ultimate Chest Binder Extreme Gynecomastia Tank Top (Apparel)
I'm a relatively chunky chap and have had self confidence issues for the majority of my life. The main cause of this is my chest, I've suffered with 'man boobs' for years and regardless of diets and exercise, my 'moobs' seem to be the last place that slims down as I lose weight.

I had no idea these products existed and after buying this particular one, I'm almost angry that I hadn't discovered it earlier! I'm a 46" chest and I tried the XL in this product and the same size in the 'Underworks Mens Extreme Gynecomastia Chest Binder Girdle T-shirt' for a comparison. Both fit very well and the t-shirt offered a lot of compression. This product (the tank top) however was FAR better. It flattens my chest and smooths my figure, giving me the confidence to wear t-shirts a size smaller.

The tank top is thinner and more breathable and holds everything in perfectly. It is an odd material when you first put on but you get used to it. If you are struggling to decide which product to go with and if it's chest flattening you're after, this is the one for you. It has instantly improved my posture as I am no longer hunching my shoulders to hide my 'man boobs'.

I cannot begin to describe how much this product has changed the way I feel. It has given me the drive and incentive to work hard and lose the weight for real so I can look and feel like this all the time without it.

A solid 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't sure if all the positive reviews were genuine!, 11 May 2013
I couldn't believe that all the positive reviews were for real, so I decided to take a chance, a risky one considering the price. Having had confidence issues over my chest area pretty much since puberty, I think this could be described as a life changer. Even at my fittest, where people said they thought i'd lost too much weight facially, I remember seeing the only photo I ever allowed my wife to take of me on holiday without my top on (I NEVER do this where people know me) and despite the weight loss, the chest area still upset me and I cut up the photo and negatives. I wasn't sure about the size to order either. I am 44ish chest and wasn't sure to go for the 40-44 or the larger 45-48 as i'd read how tight the vest is, and I was at the upper end of the size bracket. I also read that the compression might relax slightly over time, so I went to the underworks website. They recommend taking a measurement just below your chest/breast area, then measuring the fullest part of your chest/breast area and taking an average of the two, this lead me to choose the 40-44 size, which I also thought might last longer if it stretches a bit.
Another review says how to put the vest on. I thought i'd try over the head first, but as the reviewer said, this was a non starter. You turn the vest inside out and upside down - but facing the front and step into it. You then pull it up to your waist area then roll it up so it is no longer inside out, then try and get your arms through the arm holes. It isn't easy, but it isn't too difficult either.
So there I was, in my new vest. And I was very pleased with the results! Obviously the skin has to go somewhere and with me it seemed to be pushed into the underarm area where the vest does not cover, but other than that I looked how I want to look. I tried an XL top on, fine, followed by a L jumper - fine too! I showed my wife who saw the difference not only in my physique, but also in the way I presented myself. The V of the vest was visable through the fabric on one of the tops, but this is a small price to pay consider the benefits and it just looks like a normal vest.
I can imagine that having the extra layer will cause extra warmth, but this might be compensated by wearing less baggy masking layers on top. There was no problem with comfort and my breathing wasn't restricted in any way. I haven't worn it for any length of time yet, but I can't imagine it causing any discomfort. I really wish i'd had this sooner. I am getting fit, and now with this vest I know I will be feeling confident this summer (if we have one). I can assure you that I don't work for underworks or amazon, but I recommend this vest 100% if you have had the same problems. I'm going to order another now, which is the best endorsement I can give.

****Update**** I have worn the vest for a continuous 6 hour period, whilst giving it large on the dancefloor, and the vest caused no problems or discomfort. Still love it to bits!

5.0 out of 5 stars For FTM needs, 11 Nov 2011
J. Bayliss - See all my reviews
Underworks binders usually take a long time to arrive and are expensive. On Amazon its a bit cheaper and I got the top within less than 24hrs which was great as I really needed it.
I am Trans (lets just say FTM) with 32/24 C/D cups usually and this top completely flattened my chest - having bought from underworks before my advice would be; if youre on a size margin always go for the smaller size; the top is impossible to put on over your head, pull it up like a skirt and then put your arms through its much much easier!!!!

Great product!
Also if you ever pack or have issues with this vest rolling up try the body suit on Underworks website, its a little dearer but its comfy and is an all in one solution for packing, hips, chest etc etc. I wear those too and love 'em.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle Worker, 26 July 2012
I don't usually succumb to hyperbole, but this is a wonderful product, definitely a miracle worker. I've had the dreaded "moobs" for most of my life, and it's plagued me with self-confidence issues. I finally discovered the Underworks range, checked the reviews online, and found this was likely the best model for me.

This top not only compresses your bumpy chest, but also pulls in your love handles, giving your body a more streamlined look. I now feel confident enough to wear shirts, tees and polos, instead of covering up with big fleeces or jackets. You'll certainly feel the top pulling you in all over when you first wear it, but after a couple of wears it feels part of your body and you'll notice it less and less. I don't feel I'm ever having to tug and yank at it to adjust it -- it just stays in place snugly. It hasn't made me feel hotter while wearing it, either. The tank top style lets your underarms breathe.

Here are some tips:

#1 - Get your size. Ignore advice to go one bigger or one smaller, your size is all you need. Make sure to follow the measuring guide on the Underworks website. If you're between sizes, always go for the bigger one. I was on the cusp between large and extra large, but I went for the extra. It fits perfectly. Think of it this way: if you're a 44-45" chest and you're not sure whether to go for the Large 40-44 or the X-large 45-48, consider that the 40-44 is made to compress people who are 40" too. Do you think that sounds comfy for a 45" chest? Nope.

#2 - There is a very slight difference between the white and the black. I think the white is a bit better at compressing, and fits a little better. The material seems to be identical, but I would recommend the white. Added bonus: it's less likely to be seen through a light tee or shirt. I've read that it may go a bit yellow-y over time, so check the Underworks site for washing instructions.

#3 - DO NOT try and pull it over your head like a normal tee. You'll likely dislocate a shoulder, get stuck, and need to be cut out of it. Here's how I do it: turn it inside out and upside down (make sure the front is facing the front), then step into it like a dress. Pull it up to your waist, then pull the shoulder straps up so you're pulling the binder over itself (the material slides smoothly) until the binder is almost in the correct place. Then you just pull the shoulder straps out wide and bend your arm through the holes with the minimum of fuss, before adjusting the bottom of the binder accordingly.

#4 - Remember that a binder is a temporary solution. You can't wear it 24/7 or you may cause yourself internal damage in the long run. Try to limit it to when you desperately need it, and use your added confidence to try and lose the weight naturally (hit the gym, go for more walks, etc).

Are there any CONS? Well...

-- You can just about see the outline of the binder through tees, but you can easily pass it off as a normal vest if you're worried. The thinner the shirt, the more likely it'll be seen, so adjust your wardrobe accordingly. Layering another tee can help solve that issue, if it's not too hot.
-- It is a hassle getting it on and off, but the positives outweigh that negative.
-- No doubt it's pretty expensive, but I view it as an essential product rather than an item of clothing. It'll improve your life, so that's money well spent.

Overall, it's an excellent product and does exactly as advertised. I'd tried using a regular compression shirt (the type athletes use) before, but they stretch and lose their compression effect quickly, plus they really don't change your body shape at all. The Underworks top is far far superior for this use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with it! :), 1 Oct 2012
I'm an FTM transgender size C/D cup and this is really great. The first few days it's very restricted but you get used to it and barely notice you're wearing it! I have a problem with it though, it keeps slipping down and showing my cleavage so i have to keep pulling it up. But after you wash it, it goes right back to normal so you should wash it every day/every other day or it will become very loose

5.0 out of 5 stars instant results, 14 Oct 2013
the minute i pulled this on i smiled, because for the first time in a long time i felt comfortable in my own skin... i cant afford chest reduction surgery at the moment, but this has reminded me why i was (and am now again) saving to go under the knife - it made me feel like a real man.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product but no good for me!, 5 Jun 2013

However I'm a very active gym-go'er, weightlifter and also compete! At just over 6ft 4 and close to 21stone I'm a big lad but not with a huge gut at all. Unfortunately though the blokes in our family seem to suffer from moobs and I'm no exception but for me it's worse as I've a big chest on top through lifting!

I bought both the 2XL and 3XL tops to see what their fitment would be like. 2XL was a no-go straight away but the 3XL fitted fine and did a great job. The main issue though was that it was far too tight underneath the arms and cut in almost immediately! I have a very wide, tapered back and wide shoulders too so I'd say that if you're a big, broad bloke. These tops may or may not help/suit you due to your physique!

I'm already dieting so lets just hope that nature helps me along the way and the moobs will eventually reduce!

5.0 out of 5 stars my first!, 11 Nov 2012
Ms. Michelle Dawn Watts (england) - See all my reviews
this is the first binder i bought its way cheaper here but not of any less quality. my chest is totally flat and held in place id say its a steal given the quality and the price, if you are buying your first binder choose this one for sure. i read alot of people had issues with the end rolling up but i just pulled it down under my boxers and it pressed my hips in giving me less of a girly form.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Pleased!!!!!!!, 22 Feb 2014
I bought this product after looking into surgery for Gynecomastia following extreme weight loss. However after discovering the cost of surgery (5000 approx!) I thought I'd give this product a try. I had seen a similar product like this before but at the time it was unavailable to buy in the UK. Anyway lets cut to the chase.....this product is amazing! I really did think it was another gimmick but how wrong I was! I tried on all my clothes that currently fit me but not exactly how I wanted to them to fit and the results were outstanding! I was beaming like a Cheshire Cat.....Without the tank top I can get into most large and some medium tops dependent on style and design of course, but with this tank top it's almost like I've gone down 2 chest sizes! All I can say is that for the small outlay compared to the cost and risks of surgery it's definitely worth giving it a try. If you like me have struggled for years with the embarrassment of the dreaded "Man boob" syndrome then this is the product for you! It has boosted my confidence and it has also paved the way for a smaller wardrobe! At this price, I will be buying some more them.