on 25 May 2013
Well written memoirs by a very interesting character - was a read page turner.

(Please remove the word count limit on reviews as there is no need for it)
on 10 April 2015
Another good read
on 23 April 2008
This has to be the best autobiography I've read.

The author's honest and frank account of 12 years experience in the police force is hugely engaging - tragic and at times, hilarious.

If you can only come to understand someone by walking a mile in their shoes, this book delivers hundreds of miles of experiences and provides an opportunity to genuinely understand not only one man's struggle but the wider picture of policing and criminality in the UK.

If you've ever wondered what it's like to be in the police or just want the opportunity to see the world through someone else's eyes this book is a great buy.
on 25 April 2008
When I first picked up 'The Good Guys Wear Blue' I was not too sure what to expect. However within minutes I found it hard to put down. This is a graphic account of what it was like (and maybe still is!) to be a police officer in the UK. The book is written in a very honest manner, and is filled with many stories that will make you laugh, some that shock, and some that will make you want to cry. The net result is a hugely engaging read which for me was a real eye opener. Well worth the money.
on 16 March 2013
Found the book by accident whilst 'surfing' the Kindle Store . One of those books you can't put down. Could relate to most of it as served 30 years in Greater Manchester Police . Lots of in depth feelings and emotions in the scripts. Thought provoking. Really great read, now three quarters of the way through seven people saved my life. Got a feeling I will be 'absorbing' a few more of Paul's book in the very near future. Recommended.
on 23 March 2013
If you believe all you read here you are likely to lose some faith in our police force, it is a tough job done by men who, in my opinion, have insufficient training and are underpaid and under supported. Like anywhere there are good and bad and they need cool headed judgement and good back up both of which could be included in training.
I wish them the best of luck and thanks for sticking to this job
on 7 August 2015
Good book
on 29 March 2015
Very disappointed, very bored and didn't bother to continue reading after the first quarter of the book.
This is unusual for me as I've read and loved several books along a similar line relating to police, paramedics, fire service etc but this one really didn't do it for me!
on 26 July 2014
Great book, real and funny, read it!!
on 6 May 2014
I think this is probably the worst book I have ever tried to read. I say tried because I have given up on it. If this is supposed to be the happenings by Coventry police no wonder the crime rate is as high. This is schoolboy type scribblings and probably far from the truth. Well I hope so anyway. The one star rating is too high.