5.0 out of 5 stars Dualshock 4
I have a SteelSeries Siberia Neckband Headset for PC gaming, I purchased this adapter in the hopes that it would combine the Mic and Headphones signal down through 1 jack so that I could plug directly in to my new Dualshock 4 controller for the Playstation 4, I am very happy to report that it works perfectly, both microphone and headphones work as normal.
Published 18 months ago by Chippxero

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not work in Ipad
Worked fine on my Nexus 4 android phone but NOT on my Ipad and this is what |I bought it for, very disappointing, even went into the apple store in case it was me. Yet it says it should work on the Ipad so care. Hoowever prompt delivery and well packaged
Published 21 months ago by MrP

5.0 out of 5 stars Dualshock 4, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Startech.com 3.5mm 4 Pin to 2x 3 Pin 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter - M/F (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect PS4 accessory!, 11 Dec. 2013
C. Baker "yeahchris" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
After trying out the headphone and mic you get free with the PS4 and realising how poor it is for sound and recording, I looked for other means. I already had a decent gaming headset for my pc which has two connectors one for headphones one for the mic. So I gave this splitter a go and it does a perfect job! It plugs straight into the PS4 controller (great feature) which only has one input, and allows you get use from both headphones and mic, and the quality is fantastic.
And for the price you cant argue at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for Xbox One Stereo Adapter, 10 April 2014
I mainly bought this so I could connect my SteelSeries Siberia V2 to my Xbox One using the Stereo Chat Adapter as the adapter is made for one single jack and the Siberia V2 has separate jacks for Mic and Audio. Needless to say it worked perfectly and I can now use my headset both for chat and the in game sounds.

Price is a bit steep but you pay for the quality and they work just fine so I am very happy with the product and would advise anyone that wants to use the same headset on their Xbox One to get these over the dearer Headset Buddy ones.

I've only had these for about a day so I can't vouch for how these fair in the long term but they are fine so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful little gadget to keep old skype headsets working, 1 Sept. 2011
This works great with my lenovo laptop which has the new combi headphone/mic socket, which needs the four pin device...not tried it yet with a mobile which has 3.5mm jack for headset but will at some stage i am sure.

It was delivered ahead of the predicted delivery date and well packaged

Each socket off the the Y piece is labelled for the appropriate cable. Would be 5 stars if the jacks used the standard colour coding for these as well, but hey I am a bit of high expectation customer!! :D

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with Galaxy S2, 4 Jan. 2013
I use it to connect a PC headset with separate mic/headphone jacks to a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone running the Skype app - no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, works with iPhone, 22 Aug. 2012
Very nicely made product, works perfectly for what I wanted.

As there is not a wiring list on the product i've made one.
pin 1 jack <-> pin 1 headphones
pin 2 jack <-> pin 2 headphones
pin 3 jack <-> pin 3 headphones and pin 3 mic
pin 4 jack <-> pin 1 mic
pin 2 mic is unconnected.

where 1,2,3,4 is tip,ring,ring,sleeve & 1,2,3 is tip,ring,sleeve

The jack end just fits into an iPhone with an apple bumper case.

As the ring of the mic socket is unconnected if you plug in a stereo mic only the left channel will be used. Mono will work as normal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Lenovo X121 laptop, 27 Feb. 2012
Good quality headset adapter compatible with Lenovo laptop, and presumably others too. I know there's another review here saying that but I want to help the search engine rankings, given how long it took me to discover this page!

Unlike another 4 pin adapter I bought elsewhere, this one actually connects all the pins and appears to be made from good quality materials. I can bend the cable without feeling it's going to snap. I see everybody else has given it 4 stars but I'm going to push the boat out and give it 5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 30 Sept. 2011
Nice right fit on the plugs and no impact to call quality. Got a new laptop at work with the headphone and mic sockets combined into one socket, this is a simple solution to keep a headset with separate plugs working.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works on MBP 15" Late 2011, 27 Nov. 2012
When I saw the envelop I thought they sent me the wrong cable. On a closer inspection of the cable itself I could see the headphones and the mic sign. I tested it on my Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011. Works like a charm!

I really recommend this cable to anyone wanting to play games or videoconferencing using a pair of headsets which have a mic, or to someone who wants to record something using their own mic, without having the amplifier the line-in jack needs.

Edit 2014: One year and a month after I bought the cable, the the cable became unusable, because I couldn't here the sound in the left speaker of the speaker without moving the cable left and right near the jack. I'm pretty sure I didn't abuse it. So, this is about an one year cable. Still better than nothing, but I had to lower the rating of this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, works with both my ipod touch and my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone, 17 Nov. 2012
Frank Carver - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I have a range of microphones and headphones which I wanted to try out to see if they were any better than the standard ear buds with a tiny mic in the wire than came with my phone, so I thought I'd give this a try. It worked fine with my Samsung Galaxy S2, and surprised me by also working with my ipod touch, which did not come with headset earbuds.

If you have a condenser microphone which needs 48V phantom power, or you want fine control of the microphone input level, then I would recommend the iRig Pre from IK Multimedia but that is more expensive, bulkier and needs a battery. For simply connecting some decent headphones and a separate microphone, or for plugging in your favourite gaming headset into your phone this product is a gread deal.