on 10 April 2014
I mainly bought this so I could connect my SteelSeries Siberia V2 to my Xbox One using the Stereo Chat Adapter as the adapter is made for one single jack and the Siberia V2 has separate jacks for Mic and Audio. Needless to say it worked perfectly and I can now use my headset both for chat and the in game sounds.

Price is a bit steep but you pay for the quality and they work just fine so I am very happy with the product and would advise anyone that wants to use the same headset on their Xbox One to get these over the dearer Headset Buddy ones.

I've only had these for about a day so I can't vouch for how these fair in the long term but they are fine so far.
on 29 November 2013
I have a SteelSeries Siberia Neckband Headset for PC gaming, I purchased this adapter in the hopes that it would combine the Mic and Headphones signal down through 1 jack so that I could plug directly in to my new Dualshock 4 controller for the Playstation 4, I am very happy to report that it works perfectly, both microphone and headphones work as normal.
77 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 January 2013
I use it to connect a PC headset with separate mic/headphone jacks to a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone running the Skype app - no problems.
on 22 August 2012
Very nicely made product, works perfectly for what I wanted.

As there is not a wiring list on the product i've made one.
pin 1 jack <-> pin 1 headphones
pin 2 jack <-> pin 2 headphones
pin 3 jack <-> pin 3 headphones and pin 3 mic
pin 4 jack <-> pin 1 mic
pin 2 mic is unconnected.

where 1,2,3,4 is tip,ring,ring,sleeve & 1,2,3 is tip,ring,sleeve

The jack end just fits into an iPhone with an apple bumper case.

As the ring of the mic socket is unconnected if you plug in a stereo mic only the left channel will be used. Mono will work as normal.
on 27 February 2012
Good quality headset adapter compatible with Lenovo laptop, and presumably others too. I know there's another review here saying that but I want to help the search engine rankings, given how long it took me to discover this page!

Unlike another 4 pin adapter I bought elsewhere, this one actually connects all the pins and appears to be made from good quality materials. I can bend the cable without feeling it's going to snap. I see everybody else has given it 4 stars but I'm going to push the boat out and give it 5.
on 27 November 2012
When I saw the envelop I thought they sent me the wrong cable. On a closer inspection of the cable itself I could see the headphones and the mic sign. I tested it on my Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011. Works like a charm!

I really recommend this cable to anyone wanting to play games or videoconferencing using a pair of headsets which have a mic, or to someone who wants to record something using their own mic, without having the amplifier the line-in jack needs.

Edit 2014: One year and a month after I bought the cable, the the cable became unusable, because I couldn't here the sound in the left speaker of the speaker without moving the cable left and right near the jack. I'm pretty sure I didn't abuse it. So, this is about an one year cable. Still better than nothing, but I had to lower the rating of this item.
on 11 December 2013
After trying out the headphone and mic you get free with the PS4 and realising how poor it is for sound and recording, I looked for other means. I already had a decent gaming headset for my pc which has two connectors one for headphones one for the mic. So I gave this splitter a go and it does a perfect job! It plugs straight into the PS4 controller (great feature) which only has one input, and allows you get use from both headphones and mic, and the quality is fantastic.
And for the price you cant argue at all.
on 21 January 2014
I have bought 2 of these and both have developed terrible interference after only a couple of weeks use. Brilliant when they were working but not reliable. Have now ordered a Sandberg one of Amazon, hopefully it will last a lot longer.
on 30 September 2011
Nice right fit on the plugs and no impact to call quality. Got a new laptop at work with the headphone and mic sockets combined into one socket, this is a simple solution to keep a headset with separate plugs working.
on 27 July 2014
A simple device which allows you to connect an external microphone to your mobile phone.

If you want to record sound outside without lots of wind, then the mic built into your phone isn't going to be useful. Stick a normal external mic in the phone and it won;t work unless it has a 4-pole connector.

This device allow you to connect that external mic without any major issues and it works a treat.

My only disappointment now is that the phone doesn't support a stereo mic fully.