5.0 out of 5 stars Dualshock 4
I have a SteelSeries Siberia Neckband Headset for PC gaming, I purchased this adapter in the hopes that it would combine the Mic and Headphones signal down through 1 jack so that I could plug directly in to my new Dualshock 4 controller for the Playstation 4, I am very happy to report that it works perfectly, both microphone and headphones work as normal.
Published 11 months ago by Chippxero

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not work in Ipad
Worked fine on my Nexus 4 android phone but NOT on my Ipad and this is what |I bought it for, very disappointing, even went into the apple store in case it was me. Yet it says it should work on the Ipad so care. Hoowever prompt delivery and well packaged
Published 15 months ago by MrP

5.0 out of 5 stars Dualshock 4, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: Startech.com 3.5mm 4 Pin to 2x 3 Pin 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter - M/F (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed., 28 April 2012
Mr. G. Woodward (Peterborough, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to connect my iPhone into an audio mixing desk. I'm using it to accept a signal from the mixing desk on the phone's mic input and offer a signal back into the desk on the headphone output It took a little bit of tweaking to the levels (the mic input had to be cut down from line level) but this item was just the trick. Recommended buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for Xbox One Stereo Adapter, 10 April 2014
I mainly bought this so I could connect my SteelSeries Siberia V2 to my Xbox One using the Stereo Chat Adapter as the adapter is made for one single jack and the Siberia V2 has separate jacks for Mic and Audio. Needless to say it worked perfectly and I can now use my headset both for chat and the in game sounds.

Price is a bit steep but you pay for the quality and they work just fine so I am very happy with the product and would advise anyone that wants to use the same headset on their Xbox One to get these over the dearer Headset Buddy ones.

I've only had these for about a day so I can't vouch for how these fair in the long term but they are fine so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful little gadget to keep old skype headsets working, 1 Sep 2011
This works great with my lenovo laptop which has the new combi headphone/mic socket, which needs the four pin device...not tried it yet with a mobile which has 3.5mm jack for headset but will at some stage i am sure.

It was delivered ahead of the predicted delivery date and well packaged

Each socket off the the Y piece is labelled for the appropriate cable. Would be 5 stars if the jacks used the standard colour coding for these as well, but hey I am a bit of high expectation customer!! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect PS4 accessory!, 11 Dec 2013
C. Baker "yeahchris" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
After trying out the headphone and mic you get free with the PS4 and realising how poor it is for sound and recording, I looked for other means. I already had a decent gaming headset for my pc which has two connectors one for headphones one for the mic. So I gave this splitter a go and it does a perfect job! It plugs straight into the PS4 controller (great feature) which only has one input, and allows you get use from both headphones and mic, and the quality is fantastic.
And for the price you cant argue at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with Galaxy S2, 4 Jan 2013
I use it to connect a PC headset with separate mic/headphone jacks to a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone running the Skype app - no problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 30 Sep 2011
Nice right fit on the plugs and no impact to call quality. Got a new laptop at work with the headphone and mic sockets combined into one socket, this is a simple solution to keep a headset with separate plugs working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Lenovo X121 laptop, 27 Feb 2012
Good quality headset adapter compatible with Lenovo laptop, and presumably others too. I know there's another review here saying that but I want to help the search engine rankings, given how long it took me to discover this page!

Unlike another 4 pin adapter I bought elsewhere, this one actually connects all the pins and appears to be made from good quality materials. I can bend the cable without feeling it's going to snap. I see everybody else has given it 4 stars but I'm going to push the boat out and give it 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, works with iPhone, 22 Aug 2012
Very nicely made product, works perfectly for what I wanted.

As there is not a wiring list on the product i've made one.
pin 1 jack <-> pin 1 headphones
pin 2 jack <-> pin 2 headphones
pin 3 jack <-> pin 3 headphones and pin 3 mic
pin 4 jack <-> pin 1 mic
pin 2 mic is unconnected.

where 1,2,3,4 is tip,ring,ring,sleeve & 1,2,3 is tip,ring,sleeve

The jack end just fits into an iPhone with an apple bumper case.

As the ring of the mic socket is unconnected if you plug in a stereo mic only the left channel will be used. Mono will work as normal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not work in Ipad, 25 Aug 2013