Format: DVD|Change

on 23 October 2011
Really funny show and take on the upcoming Olympics organisation process. The humour is very sharp and human, I enjoyed it a lot, can't wait for the second series.

An absolute highlight for me is Jessica Hynes' performance, probably even her best so far!
on 28 August 2011
It was no surprise to me to discover the chap who wrote this, John Morton, had People Like Us amongst his previous credits. If you like one you are almost certain to like the other. The style here is a brilliant mix of the deadpan, the wry and the absurd played out by a cast admirably maintaining straight faces throughout. People Like Us is the most obvious precursor I think, but it'd be hard to deny there are also traces of the immortal I'm Alan Partridge (and so, by default, what with it taking so much of it's own cue from IAP, The Office).

I found every episode of Twenty Twelve consistently amusing, at the least, and peppered with genuine laugh-out-loud lines, exchanges and situations. Of the decade so far, I'd say it ranks up there with Facejacker as an instant-classic and indeed, it's already high in the list of best of this century. Personally, I just hope they find time to make another series before the Olympics gets under way. I'd look forward to that more than the Olympics themselves!
on 9 April 2012
I first saw episodes of this series on a flight and was laughing so hard that fellow passengers started to turn and stare...so when I got off the plane, I went straight onto Amazon to order the series. Even though I am not British, I am an active sports participant and love the Olympics - so perhaps that is why I love this series so much. I have watched several episodes many times and still find them hilarious - in fact I now start laughing before things have happened just because I know what is happening next. There was a similar series in Australia before the 2000 Olympics (called "The Games") and I think this is just as good.
on 23 August 2011
This series is a must for anybody who has sat on or chaired a committee, any committee, as it is not the subject matter that is of interest, although very funny, it is the type of person that can be recognised and is ever present at these meetings. The PA person is so typical of the type, all talk and very little substance with little or no real knowledge of the subject.
on 19 January 2012
This is an excellent send up of the Olympic Games planning committee. Not so much about the games themselves but about those tasked with creating the right environment for the games in 2012.

We have the Head of Brand, doing her best to confuse everyone, the Sunstainability (don't say Legacy) Person, what shall I do with the stadium post games, Traffic and Contracts officers both without a clue etc.

What we get is the ineveitable complete mess as each gets muddled in their own cliched nightmare.

The result, huge traffic jams, large backward clocks with rude swearing artists, raising the bar downwards officers etc.

Very funny and well worth a watch.
on 29 May 2012
For anyone who has ever been to a meeting, this series is a joy. Hugh Bonneville is a genius and is surrounded by a wonderful cast. The comedy is perfect and the silliness of what lots of us have to listen to at work is enshrined skilfully. We have watched most of the episodes several times. I don't think we will ever tire of it.
on 30 May 2012
We've all worked with people like this - now you'll be able to see the funny side! The actors are perfect and the scripts inspired. Not many countries in the world would be able to laugh at themselves in this way. And Lord Coe makes a guest appearance. Brilliant. I really do think that.
on 29 April 2012
I missed the original series when it was broadcast but have really enjoyed watching this DVD. A truly magnificent send up of all the twaddle and hype that surrounds the Olympics delivery and legacy teams, if you like a really good laugh watch it! :-)
on 10 May 2012
Absolutely wonderful. Haven't laughed so much in a long while. Good characters, good script, well played. So reminds me of my own working environment - only exaggerated.
on 10 May 2014
I'm afraid I just don't get this. The first 10 minutes or so is Ok but it's just effectively the same joke all the way through. I know others who love this so each to his own I guess. Not for me.