on 2 September 2013
Ive had a small Troop London bag for ages now, and have always used it as both a general bag for everyday use and a camera bag, fitting my canon 500D with one lens on. However, since upgrading my camera to a larger one, it no longer fitted in my old bag so I bought this one for it. Im happy to say that, having tried and tested this bag on a holiday to Switzerland, it comfortably fits my camera, two large lenses, lunch, hat, small umbrella etc etc etc.. The amount of stuff you can put in here is insane - it shouldn't be so big inside considering the mere medium sized bag it is! It also works nicely as a book bag, as it is A4 sized and so fits several decent sized book, or a small-ish laptop.
The front pockets are a good sized and I use one for snacks, and the other for a mini sketchbook and pens.
The ONLY reason im not giving this 5 stars, and this is me being a bit picky, is because the interior is made of a slightly plasticy stuff, rather than my older one which has a nice canvas interior. this does however mean that the bag is well waterproofed, which is consolation for the not-so-nice 'plasticy-ness' of it.
Otherwise, a great bag!
on 7 November 2011
Arrived really fast, great condition, strong, durable materials. I can see this will last me a while. Love the colour, everything about it. Tight fit for some of my bigger folders but so far so good. Like the pockets too, good place to keep my ID and oyster card! Had it for several weeks now and I love it.
on 12 September 2012
this bag arrived in super quick time, and im so impressed with it.

it very well made, and it a pleasure to carry.

i was a little disappointed about the size of the main compartment as it only just fits 1 small a4 folder. but it does fit!

you will not be disappointed if you buy this bag
on 27 May 2012
I absolutely love this bag. The quality of the fabric is excellent and it's fully lined inside. Underneath the flap of the bag it also has a zip ensuring all my things are safe inside and don't fall out. The two pockets on the front of the bag are big enough to hold a purse or camera. I carry a lot of things in this bag and it still feels lightweight. Great! Can't recommend enough.
on 24 December 2014
I have now used my Troop bag on several UK and overseas holidays and shorter trips, and all-in-all I am very pleased. This is a well made, sturdy product. The pockets (internal and external) are useful for keeping various items separated and accessible, though I wish the rear external zippered compartment was just that bit deeper in order to take travel documents and maps etc without folding. The adjustable and ample strap enables the owner to use the bag either hand-held, worn across the chest or underarm, or as a low-slung bag at thigh level -- or, in the course of a day out, maybe all three. The expansion facility results in a bag of really quite impressive capacity, though if fully filled it is then quite heavy to haul around. The extra space does mean, though, that one can pack, say, a full-size DSLR camera without needing a separate case, along with a lot of other stuff to cover a day's exploring. My only complaint -- and a mild one at that, given my praise for the sturdiness of the product -- is that the bag itself is no lightweight. Not only does this have a bearing on comfort for all-day use; in addition, if carried empty in one's cabin bag, for example, for day-use on arrival, it can compromise the cabin bag's compliance with airline weight limits. Overall, though, a bag that has repaid my investment and which accompanies me pretty well everywhere on holidays and leisure trips.
on 24 October 2014
The bag certainly looks good and feels like a quality product on first inspection, but after 10 months of very light use, both the magnetic fasteners have fallen off mine and now the seams are beginning to fray. Is this all you would expect at this price? As this is the first bag like this I've bought I'm surprised to get so short a life from it. Seller seems to think this is just normal wear and tear, so don't buy this if you are expecting it to carry much or take anything but dainty treatment.
on 20 May 2014
Was a little concerned about the size of the bag, however they were unfounded. Timeless good looks. I am pleased with this bag and recomend it.
on 20 July 2013
Umm'd and Aah'd for a while before taking the plunge with this, but haven't regretted the purchase for a second!
Robust and copious, it handled a full month's traveling across North America via AMTRAK without complaint. Whether it was disguising my camera kit in urban areas, or my rations, gadgets and towel in the deserts (We all need to know where our towel is, right?), it performed everything with aplomb come rain or shine.
Definitely worth the price here.
on 17 October 2014
I have purchased a troop messenger bag in the past.
A friend liked it so much I bought the above on her behalf.
She purchased it for her son's birthday.
Not sure about his reaction as his birthday is yet to come.
I feel sure he will be delighted, his mum is.
on 25 February 2013
I bought this bag because I have heard London Troop items are in great quality. This turned out to be right. The only drawback of this bag is that you may damage paper when closing the zipper.