5,911 Reviews
 (4,567)

5.0 out of 5 stars X-Mini II Speakers
As someone who does a lot of travelling around the country, I find it very useful to have a set of portable speakers that can be plugged into my MP3 player so as to listen to music without headphones. Unfortunately the sound quality you get from most portable speakers is very poor with the bass in particular, failing to impress.

When I ordered my x-mini, I did...
Published on 13 Jan. 2010 by Richard Belbin

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Speaker!!
I received this item and for few days or so it played alright however the speaker has now stopped working-I cannot hear no music coming out of the actual mini speaker itself. I am now returning this item back for a full refund.
Not happy about the product at all!!
Published 12 months ago by Panther82

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!!!, 8 Nov. 2010
SIMPLY AMAZING!!!
First things first;the size.These loudspeakers are only slightly bigger then a golf ball.Loudest speakers of that size I've ever seen!With 3 x minis connected they are easily louder then any normal i pod speakers.The sound quality really impressed me a really deep and thumping bass which no one in the world would guess is coming from a speaker of that size.Last but not least:The price.Incredibly cheap!Definitely the best i pod accessory out there!

1.0 out of 5 stars Problem with battery, 5 Aug. 2010
Robert Colvin (UK) - See all my reviews
After buying this and finding that the battery wouldn't charge, I then discover through researching the problem on the web, that many users have experienced exactly the same thing with brand new units. It appears that the manufacturer has also acknowledged the problem and identified that the battery can go 'dry'. However, with no doubt thousands of these units still within the distribution chain, it appears that no recall has been initiated and that these 'suspect' units are instead being sold at a discount. Please note that there is a X-mini II "2nd Generation" speaker available to buy on Amazon, which costs about £6 more than this one. I presume this is exactly the same speaker with a fix for the battery issue.

I have returned the speaker and requested a refund, although I'm not sure I'll be buying an XMI with the money.

UPDATE (27/09/2013). I was rather confused with the comments on my review by others, who insisted on referring to the 2nd generation (2G) version of this speaker, despite my original review being about the 1G version. I see that my review is now associated with the 2G version. Presumably this is because Amazon stopped selling the 1G (or ran out of stock) so they just moved all reviews for the earlier version on to the subsequent version. Extremely bad practice by Amazon as there are clearly now reviews for this 2G version that do not apply, and never did apply. Let me make it clear, my review was for the 1G variant which now appears to no longer be available. I can't vouch for the quality of the 2G as I've never owned it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase this year!!!, 18 Jun. 2009
Mr. C. A. Jones "True Q" (Wales) - See all my reviews
I am so sceptial about cheap products as they are cheap for a reason these days but this product bucks that trend. Amazing sound for something so little. I immediatley bought another one after having the first one with a splitter lead two as i was so impressed. If your looking for small speakers for your i pod then these are waiting for you.... fantastic for something so little.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb for travelling, 14 May 2011
What a great find this was. I travel quite frequently and music always restores my sanity, so I needed something that was small but delivered a good sound.

For the money I can't fault this little gizmo. If it was £50 then I'd say that the bass perhaps wasn't as deep as it could be, that it could be a little louder and there was just an occassional buzz, but for £12? Not one single complaint from me. The battery life is excellent, it recharges from your laptop while in use, the sound fills my hotel room, warms my soul and it's simply superb value. It's small enough to drop into your bag without taking any appreciable space, and it comes with it's own travel pouch. What's not to like?

This is seriously recommended! And for the price if it gets lost or stolen I wont be too heart broken (as I would be if it was my system from home), I'd just buy another, no question. Bang for buck, nothing comes close.

5.0 out of 5 stars A crackin' little speaker, 24 Nov. 2009
Testtube1 (Ayr, Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
The XMI x-mini II is a cracking little speaker for Ipod, phone, MP3 player etc. when use of headphones or earphones may be awkward or you want to share your sounds with the neighbours! Compact and rechargable it's more convenient than typical docking stations. The sound quality is excellent given the small size. With bass there can never be a substitute for air displacement but the x-mini II does an amazing job with its long throw full range driver. The volume is pretty good too without significant distortion or clipping when running flat out. Incredible value for money and a great looking gadget. If the sound output from your laptop is too puny, This will sort it. If it's still not loud enough, just daisy chain another through the built in port. Brilliant! An alternative would be the Veho 360; smaller, a bit cheaper but not quite as good with the bass - See other review.

5.0 out of 5 stars mini master, 29 Dec. 2009
A. Pemberton "old man" (England) - See all my reviews
Working as a decorator, I have the radio on all day. There's only so much you can stand from a repeating play list though. I wanted a speaker that I could use with my iphone. Keeping my protective case on the phone was a must as was the item being truly portable. That made all speaker docks out of the question, so I bought one of these based on the good reviews. What a little cracker it is. The sound for such a tiny item is brilliant. You may have to mess with your EQ settings but it's worth it. It's fairly loud too with very little distortion. The battery life is also worth mentioning. I can normally get 3 days use if it's on about 3-4 hours at work. A quick charge by the usb on my computer and it's ready to go again. You can also link more than one together. This is great in the home,work or on holiday. Go buy one and you wont regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars X mini 2, 29 May 2009
This is a quality product with great functionality .I use 2 of these with a splitter lead as a replacement for my ipod docking station however this has the added bonus that it is extremly compact and portable.

The sound quality of these speakers is great considering the size and cost but if you are a real audiophile you may be a bit disapointed.

For me if you are looking for a small travel speaker this product is the way to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just thought I would let people know..., 14 Aug. 2009
You CAN listen and charge at the same time :D When I was debating buying this, I was reading reviews saying you couldn't. I'm not sure if they had an older version or what but you can definitely charge and listen at the same time. So if anyone was wondering, now you know!

The light should be red instead of blue when you are charging but you can still turn it on (it stays red) and listen. Maybe people just didn't turn it on because the light is red whether it's on or off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Speaker That Packs Quite a Punch!, 23 Oct. 2010
This little speaker sure has sound! It can reach quite high volumes on its own and it's very easy to connect several speakers together if you need a bit more sound. The sound is very clear and even has a little bit of bass thanks to the bit of space it gets when you open it up.
It's very solid and the battery's charged via USB. One charge lasts about 8 hours of continuous play, but I've found it to last a good week and a half of playing whilst I'm cooking dinner everyday.
One thing to note is that due to it being a single speaker it plays everything in Mono, I didn't find this to be a big deal but some might. This is still the case even when you use a second speaker (or third or fourth etc.) with each one playing a mono rendition of the song. X-Mi has a different model which you buy as a set that is capable of stereo sound, but it isn't as convenient or as compact as the X-Mini II.

5.0 out of 5 stars Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, 1 Oct. 2010
Small speaker that provides punch, yet is easily popped in a pocket.
Clever design enables you to connect any number of these together. Sound quality seems to improve with minimum of two connected.
I have three and get enough volume for outside listening at picnics etc. Sound fills a tent nicely. Also a stationary car, though not enough volume to drown away engine & road noise...
I love 'em.