5.0 out of 5 stars 250g Organic Shea Butter Unrefined
I buy this shea butter from this supplier on a regular basis. I use it to as a base to make a lovely natural face cream not only for myself but my friends also. For those of you that are put off by it's smell and substance the 'Unrefined' part is the key. (It is the real deal, nothing fake just in it's natural state)
to make about 150ml of cream you need to use...
Published on 10 May 2012 by Dawn

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product
Little hard , take a little while to melt to use,but great on skin. Natural products always the best way forward!
Published 11 months ago by lisa livingstone

5.0 out of 5 stars 250g Organic Shea Butter Unrefined, 10 May 2012
This review is from: 250g Organic Shea Butter Unrefined (Personal Care)
to make about 150ml of cream you need to use approximatley 125g of shea butter, this needs to be melted down very slowly so as not to damage the quality of the butter. I use the same method to melt mine as you would to melt chocolate. after a few minuites it will have turned into an oil substance. At this point you can add whatever your skin desires,such as, a table spoon off Grape seed oil this is especially useful for people with oily skin or macademina nut oil which is great for aging skin, some of my other favs are Almond oil and jojoba oil (for a better quality cream go for cold pressed oils) you can also mix and match your oils to suit.I then add a few drops of essential oils such as rose essential oil, however, this product can be a little pricey so I opt for something simple such as Cedarwood oil (again it is personal preference). Once at this stage you will need an electric hand whisk and yes you guessed it, get whisking. it also needs to be cooled so I whisk mine for 5 mins then put in the fridge for 5 mins and keep doing this until you have a nice thick cream that looks good enough to eat. transfer into 30ml tubs and enjoy.
Oh and you should find that the scent becomes more favourable depending on the essential oils used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent natural product for my Afro hair!, 23 Nov 2012
This review is from: 250g Organic Shea Butter Unrefined (Personal Care)
I totally shaved my hair last year so my beautiful afro hair could start growing from scratch! When it got to about 5cm it became real problematic to look after, it would knot, tangle and all the rest. A friend suggested I try shea butter, so I purchased a few tins of it from Amazon, started applying it daily onto my hair and wow, BIG difference. My hair is now soft, tangle free, so manageable and now 12cm long! It looks so healthy and shiny too! Highly recommend shea butter!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 3 April 2013
This review is from: 250g Organic Shea Butter Unrefined (Personal Care)
Bought for my mjm who has excema/psoriasis/ everything wrong with her skin. Suits her up to now, she warms it in the microwave so its easier to rub in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best at what it does, 25 Sep 2013
Emir Allan (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 250g Organic Shea Butter Unrefined (Personal Care)
The smell isn't great but it's not supposed to be cosmetic; this is practical stuff. Shea butter simply does it all. Moisturises, heals, even SPF protection. I got it for my very, very damaged hands which were dry, cracked, bleeding, etc. after years of abuse. Even washing them as rarely as possible was like taking one step forward and three steps backwards. I found out the hard way that simply moisturising my hands wasn't enough; they were too badly damaged. I had been using almond oil which is a brilliant moisturiser but wasn't working for me. Then I read about the difference between almond oil and shea butter; almond oil moisturises, but shea butter heals. By applying shea butter regularly and especially before sleeping, my hands are now normal and no longer dry and damaged. I also sometimes use it on my face after shaving.

The consistency of shea butter is very wax-like. It'll eventually melt in your hands depending on your temperature. If you're too cold it will still be sticky for a few minutes. If you're warm enough then it'll melt straight away and absorb quickly. I store it in the fridge and have to use a knife to retrieve it. But I also carry a hefty amount around with me all day and I had no problems at all with this during the summer.

As for the smell, I mix mine with a bit of essential oils but this is frivolous and not essential.

EDIT: I have since experimented with mixing this with almond oil and coconut oil because trying to get it to melt into your hands in any season except summer is a right pain. Mixing it with either oil has produced an excellent result; the cream is more liquid and can go into a squeezy bottle. It absorbs very fast as well. It may require some heat and shaking to get it all mixed in properly. The end result is that my hands are way, way healthier and less dry with fewer applications. In theory any oil should do. You can also rub your hands for friction to get the shea butter to melt quicker.

Just FYI to everyone: do not use commercial moisturisers that have artificial ingredients. Take it from someone whose hands have been ultra-sensitive for years; these things are bad for your skin. They're slimy and smooth but that's all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 5 Oct 2012
This review is from: 250g Organic Shea Butter Unrefined (Personal Care)
This stuff is lovely pure shea butter. Been using it for everything. And its great post shaving as well. Well worth the price and will no doubt last me a long time

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes original, 8 Jun 2013
This review is from: 250g Organic Shea Butter Unrefined (Personal Care)
I used Shea Butter as a boy in Nigeria. This is exactly what it looked like. I cannot get enough. I miss the smell now I its back.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 5 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Will last ages, 28 Jun 2013
Nkonye Oyewusi (Feltham, Middlesex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 250g Organic Shea Butter Unrefined (Personal Care)
I've not even used a quarter of it. It words great mixed with olive oil, castor oil, vitamin e oil, tea tree oil, lavender oil and coconut oil. The mix then forms a nice butter mix that can be used to seal in moisture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: 250g Organic Shea Butter Unrefined (Personal Care)
I love the feel and smell of the product, and the way it melts easily over my skin. Would highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rancid, 18 May 2013
This review is from: 250g Organic Shea Butter Unrefined (Personal Care)
This product looks like big slices of butter and it feels all right on the skin, but has a rancid smell.

250g Organic Shea Butter Unrefined