5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of kit for the price
I had been looking for a way to mount my microphone and lights on my camera that wasn't going to break the bank without having much luck. I came across this and decided to take a chance and order one to see how it worked with my cameras and accessories. The answer - perfectly!

Published on 9 Oct 2011 by Day Rutherford

3.0 out of 5 stars to flimsey
I tried this and worried about the mic and light I had on it the whole time. For the rice it can do a job but just don't expect to put medium weight items on it.
Published 5 months ago by saintamazon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of kit for the price, 9 Oct 2011
This review is from: CowboyStudio Dual Mount Bracket for Video Lights & Microphones on Cameras and Camcorders (Camera)

It is sturdy enough to easily take the weight of my 160 LED light and external microphone, and as an added bonus - and this isn't even in the product description - you can also mount it on a tripod for the ultimate in flexibility...

I was so impressed that I went and bought another one straight away for when I want to have my lights and/or microphone off the camera as well as on camera (I have several hot-shoe lights).

If you are looking for a flexible way to use your hot-shoe accessories either on camera or on tripod, I would thoroughly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really handy, 23 May 2011
L. J. W. Cych "eyebeams" (London) - See all my reviews
I've been locking for this type of bracket for my larger DV recorder for years - now there is one and easy it is too. Great for building a rig.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dual Mount Bracket for Video, 22 April 2011
M. W. Gilliam (Isle of Wight UK) - See all my reviews
this bracket is just perfect for the job intended,and well made from metal, not plastic.so will not break during use I have bought 2 and plan to buy 2 more.a very useful piece of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 19 Dec 2013
Juan McGuinness "Rhumsaa" (Ellan Vannin) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Very impressed with this, a simple yet very effective tool which is a necessity for any simple light and sound set up on a single camera. I can't fault the build quality, especially for the price, as it feels very sturdy and solid. Whether this fades over time I cannot say as I have only had the item a few days.

My only negative comment is that I expected the positioning to be wider rather than making the 2 attachments taller sitting over the top of the camera, but that is perhaps due to my own preconception than a fault of the design. It seems a little tall and top heavy to me but I suppose if it were wider it would have different stability issues. For the price I am being picky.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made and does the job, 24 April 2013
I initially did not want o buy this item as I was put off by the long delivery times for it, but it arrived relatively quickly in the end so I have no complaints there.

This is a pretty sturdy unit, it is well constructed and looks good sitting on top of my Nikon DSLR. I have it set up with a shotgun mic on the lower arm and a live streaming encoder unit on the other, and the handles the weight without any issues and holds both items very tightly.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent simple piece of gear, 31 Mar 2013
John Davis (Fife, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this because the dead cat on my rode videomic was appearing in the shot and the lowest shoe lifts it nicely out of view. Most people will use this as a means to use two accessories on their camera/camcorder and the shoes are nicely apart to allow a variety of accessories to be accommodated.
The item is really well made - I've knocked a point off purely because I feel it's a tad on the high side, pricewise.

Update - since my previous review the price has come down and I have changed my rating to full stars. Excellent piece of gear.

3.0 out of 5 stars to flimsey, 27 Jun 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 28 Mar 2014
A good product for the amateur film maker like me only fault i ca complain about is the delivery time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saddle Up, 23 Feb 2014
Mr. Brian J. McManus "fritz" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Always ideal to have extra mounts, preferably use off camera and put on a light stand or tripod , on wheels for easy movement.

1.0 out of 5 stars the mount is not secure at all, 21 Feb 2014
the mount fits onto the camera but the wheel to tighten it so its fixed is useless! it doesn't completely screw down so the bracket can wobble and fall off if your not careful when using a rig! i'd recommend spending a couple of pounds more for something that will give you the safety of your light/ mic etc. WASTE OF MONEY!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›