on 9 October 2011
I had been looking for a way to mount my microphone and lights on my camera that wasn't going to break the bank without having much luck. I came across this and decided to take a chance and order one to see how it worked with my cameras and accessories. The answer - perfectly!

It is sturdy enough to easily take the weight of my 160 LED light and external microphone, and as an added bonus - and this isn't even in the product description - you can also mount it on a tripod for the ultimate in flexibility...

I was so impressed that I went and bought another one straight away for when I want to have my lights and/or microphone off the camera as well as on camera (I have several hot-shoe lights).

If you are looking for a flexible way to use your hot-shoe accessories either on camera or on tripod, I would thoroughly recommend.
VINE VOICEon 19 December 2013
Very impressed with this, a simple yet very effective tool which is a necessity for any simple light and sound set up on a single camera. I can't fault the build quality, especially for the price, as it feels very sturdy and solid. Whether this fades over time I cannot say as I have only had the item a few days.

My only negative comment is that I expected the positioning to be wider rather than making the 2 attachments taller sitting over the top of the camera, but that is perhaps due to my own preconception than a fault of the design. It seems a little tall and top heavy to me but I suppose if it were wider it would have different stability issues. For the price I am being picky.
on 22 April 2011
this bracket is just perfect for the job intended,and well made from metal, not plastic.so will not break during use I have bought 2 and plan to buy 2 more.a very useful piece of kit.
on 23 May 2011
I've been locking for this type of bracket for my larger DV recorder for years - now there is one and easy it is too. Great for building a rig.
on 31 March 2013
Bought this because the dead cat on my rode videomic was appearing in the shot and the lowest shoe lifts it nicely out of view. Most people will use this as a means to use two accessories on their camera/camcorder and the shoes are nicely apart to allow a variety of accessories to be accommodated.
The item is really well made - I've knocked a point off purely because I feel it's a tad on the high side, pricewise.

Update - since my previous review the price has come down and I have changed my rating to full stars. Excellent piece of gear.
Bought this to take a Rode microphone and an LED panel for video work with a Nikon D5100
Fits the Nikon shoe OK and the other items slot on the the arms.
Only criticism is a lack of hand hold ( you end up holding the metal bracket itself if the camera is off a tripod to steady the unit which is now top heavy)
Still for the money it is both solid and effective
on 24 April 2013
I initially did not want o buy this item as I was put off by the long delivery times for it, but it arrived relatively quickly in the end so I have no complaints there.

This is a pretty sturdy unit, it is well constructed and looks good sitting on top of my Nikon DSLR. I have it set up with a shotgun mic on the lower arm and a live streaming encoder unit on the other, and the handles the weight without any issues and holds both items very tightly.
on 28 March 2013
SLR and Handycam's only have the one hotshoe, so this extension is ideal to allow you more accessories. It also keep a respectable distance between one device and another so no feedback or interference is experienced.
on 18 December 2013
Really disappointed overall, but for the price its hard to complain. The top horse shoe mount came loose as the little screw fell out immediately and i could put it back in so had to super glue it on.
Then the screw at the bottom of the mount spins with out being able to keep it secure, so when you mount it on the camera it rotates when your moving (not great when your filming on a shoulder rig).
Will work efficiently enough if you are in a stationary shooting position on a tri pod, but over wise its poor.
I also couldn't send it back as i needed it for a shoot two days after it came, so not a very good experience.
on 25 June 2013
Very good for multiple accessories on top of my Canon EOS 550D. One thing I would say though- if you've got one accessory that's heavier than the other, it can feel a bit unbalanced on top of the camera. Overall a very good & useful addition though!